Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

A few years ago I applied for a job at a local company owned by an Anglo couple. They actually told me to my face that they weren't going to hire me because all their employees were Hispanic and because I was Anglo, they didn't feel that I would be able to put up with all the "chismes"....translation "gossip".
    SAY WHAT? Poor little Anglo me wouldn't be able to tolerate Hispanic gossip?
    Truthfully, I was so dumb struck by that comment that I didn't even know what to say. I could have made a stink and cried "Discrimination!" but.....my logical self thought perhaps I didn't want to work for people who would say or think such an idiotic thing.

Quote Originally Posted by elpasoborn
    A few years ago I applied for a job at a local company owned by an Anglo couple. They actually told me to my face that they weren't going to hire me because all their employees were Hispanic and because I was Anglo, they didn't feel that I would be able to put up with all the "chismes"....translation "gossip".
    SAY WHAT? Poor little Anglo me wouldn't be able to tolerate Hispanic gossip?
    Truthfully, I was so dumb struck by that comment that I didn't even know what to say. I could have made a stink and cried "Discrimination!" but.....my logical self thought perhaps I didn't want to work for people who would say or think such an idiotic thing.
    That is discrimination......being quiet lets them get away with it!!!!!

Kathyet

Kathyet....you are correct in what you said. My solution was to tell others in order for them to boycott buying anything from that business.
    I've already learned the hard way that "the system" only lets us down when it comes our rights. Our country is notorious for making laws and then not enforcing them.

Several years ago the head of our local Border Patrol....Sylvestre Reyes managed to create and implement "Operation Hold the Line". It was the most fabulous thing that ever happened to El Paso in it's fight against the deluge of illegals. Then after some time Mr. Reyes was elected to Congress and guess what happened after that? He became so full of himself and his new title that like many others, did an about face and has since done nothing but stab El Paso in the back repeatedly. We'd love to oust him from that position but sadly, the ignoramus Mexican people who never bothered to vote before jumped on the voting bandwagon voting for things and people because they are told to rather than voting in an informed way.

Anything and everything that works....

If we could just get rid of all the apathy we find in our citizens we would have a chance....the more people that wake up and the faster the bettor off we will be.....

I saw a link or post just recently about how long it takes to corrupt a politician...it was some obscene thing like 10 days or something to that effect..wish I could find it...now maybe some will remember it and bring it over....

Either case we all need to do what we can when and where we can...

Kathyet

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12