Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I did it....and it felt great!

I have noticed that at any given time there are 60-80 guests online reading the boards. Awesome!
    Until a few weeks ago that is what I was doing too.
    I knew I was mad about the crisis facing our country but I didn't feel like there was anything I could really do about.
    Finally, I decided to register for this great site. I had noticed that there were nothing but nice, supportive people here sharing ideas and common goals and great information.
    I am so glad that I joined!
    Last month I was a member of the American public with no voice.
    After signing up, I got a little brave and began sending out some emails to candidates running for office. Well, that felt pretty good. So I got a little more brave. Today I took the plunge whole heartedly!
    I called 20 senators and voiced my concerns.
    At first I was nervous. The first few calls I stumbled a bit. I was unsure. But after I learned that they were there to take my call and would listen I got even more confident. By the time I called the last senator's office I was on a roll! I was a pro!
    Today I feel like I did something positive to help my country.
    Today I had a voice.
    If you are out there reading but aren't sure that you can make a difference, let me tell you,
    I did it......and you can too!
    Speak up and be heard!

Way to go ProudAmericanFamily!!!!!

Great job!

I know exactly what you are saying. That first step is the hardest but from there on out, you're a runner!

I'm proud of you!!!!!!

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

You Rock!
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

PAF,
    That's good news to hear! I know exactly how you feel. I was somewhat blind to the immigration problem until I saw the first amnesty 'parade' last March. Then on May 1st, the day w/o an immigrant really made me mad as hell. Especially when I saw the mexican flag on top of Old Glory, with our flag upside down.
    I was furious!!! I frantically searched for websites seeking ways I could help, and found this one among many others.
    I too felt nervous about calling senators, etc. but after 7 or 8 phone calls, I felt much better.
    On a daily basis I fax all members of congress, the white house, and especially my elected officials here in UT.
    THere are soooo many good tools for you to use here, and many "ALIPAC'ers" are awesome and have MUCHO knowledge on quite a variety of subjects. Even better, you get to see results of so many campaign efforts. That certainly makes me feel that all of our efforts are not in vain after all, and that we are making a difference.
    Even though many of the focus campaigns are not in UT, I enjoy faxing, emailing, and calling reps in other states giving support for new anti-illegal immigration legislation. I know it won't affect me (yet) where I live, But I'm glad to know that I may have had a very small part in helping Americans in other states get our country back piece by piece. And as you know, this is one massive nationwide team effort and its good to have ya on board!
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Way to go PAF!!!

Join, join, join people. More voices=more power. We are Americans we do not take the easy way out like illegal aliens do, lets show them what we are made of. Join the fight and make them all wish they had not ever come here.

Join now and make politicians do the job they are there for, and make THEM wish they had never crossed us all the worng way.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Great job PAF!

It is testimonials like yours that help to motivate many other passive Americans to stand up and be heard on the issue. Remember: those Senators work for you - at least force them to listen to your opinions.

Oh, BTW, we're glad you're here.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Dixie, I'm proud of my team here!

RedBadger, We ALL rock!

American Elizabeth, I needed a bit of reading time before I felt it was safe to join. I know there are many out there that feel the same and I wanted to let them know that having a voice is a low wall to climb and a step ladder is provided here on this site! The comradarie, positive environment and support is fantastic!

Sippy....Everything that you said and more!!!
    For me it has been building. Having to relocte my child to an out of town charter school for safety and education was the beginning. And believe it or not, George "the rat" Lopez and his disgusting Anti-American routine was just the straw that broke the camel's back. I haven't looked back since!

Funny you should post PHredE, you were the one that provided me with the list of Senators and their numbers on another post! Thanks!

Sippy....Everything that you said and more!!!
    For me it has been building. Having to relocte my child to an out of town charter school for safety and education was the beginning. And beleive it or not, George "the rat" Lopez and his disgusting Anti-American routine was just the straw that broke the camels back. I haven't looked back since!
    PAF, I hear ya. I swear I almost cried the day I saw that disgusting picture on the day w/o an immigrant worker march on May 1st.
    That is when I decided to quit complaining (still working on that one though!) and start doing something!
    This may sound somewhat nuts, but when I get into discussions regarding illegals, I hear (I think we all hear the same crap) the same mumbo jumbo, "They are here to work" and "They are helping the economy" and I love being able to prove them wrong with FACTS. I hope that these people I have debated with have at least taken the time to do their own research and make their own decision.
    Welcome aboard and you have a damn good team behind you. William and his team totally rock and will most definately wake up more and more!
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

Banned
    Great for you ProudAmericanFamily!!! And, thank you!

This will really motivate many others to take that first step and make that first phone call. I hear over and over again how important phone calls are!

i have also found that the more calls i have made i am feeling more comfortable talking to friends and aquantences. and i have gotten to hate political correctors i blame them for not allowing people to open and honestly discuss important issues that are going on in this country. but my goal is not to alienate these pc'ers but to try to open their eyes to what our government is doing to us.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast