Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

tracking the usurper-in-chief and on his trail

I didn't break my back, but I broke vertebra L1.

Today I was doing my own tree trimming so I wouldn't have to hire an illegal alien to do it. I cut a big limb which knocked me off of my perch 8 feet up on a 12 foot ladder. I landed flat on my back on the pavement.

I spent about six hours in the ER and had all the CT scans they thought one person could have in 24 hours. My L1 vertebra is 15% compressed, that is, crushed to 85% of its diameter back to front. Put another way, the rear half of the L1 vertebra is 30% compressed. The ER doc wanted to admit me, but I declined admission, telling him I had only a part-time Mac-job with no healthcare insurance. He commanded me to get a fitted back brace as soon as the store opens in the morning.

The IV drip hasn't worn off yet, so I don't know whether I'll make it at home.

I thought I was being careful, and my neighbor was spotting me. Maybe I should be less of a stickler about who does my work?
    One man's terrorist is another man's undocumented worker.

Unless we enforce laws against illegal aliens today,
    tomorrow WE may wake up as illegals.

The last word: illegal aliens are ILLEGAL!

We're sorry to hear that, MMCDC_SC. We hope you will recover soon and not be in too much pain. Keep us posted when you can.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It sounds like you're lucky to not be in even worse shape. I'm surprised you can even post something tonight. That was a pretty far fall to land smack dab on your back.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

From a guy that also trims his own trees (even drops the smaller ones too) and has had a crushed disc before (L4-L5, a very common one I understand) and discectomy to fix it... Ouch!!! Hope you feel better soon.
    Mine was so painful and badly crushed I couldn't stand at the worst point. And, the attending surgeon that worked on me made a joke about how bad mine was messed up at the time. Fortunately, they fixed me up in stellar fashion - so all is well with the world now.

You take it easy. Absolutely no lifting anything more than about 7-8 lbs, no fast movements, no twisting, sit-up straight, maintain good posture, keep jarring up/down to a minimum, and use anti-inflammatories to deal with generic pain level. Alternating heat/cold helps to keep swelling and pain down some too. When the pain gets real bad, lay flat on your back with your knees bent - this is one really good way to relieve pressure on the lower back.

Disclaimer: I am not a doctor, but had the good fortune to have an excellent primary care doc and neurosurgeon for my situation - so all the advice I give above is from pure experience under some pretty highly skilled care.

Try not to feel too bad about things... it could have been a lot worse.

Fortunately for most people, they will never know the pain level of the injury you had just experienced - it can be darn near intolerable.

I hope you feel better. I had a neighbor who would trim his own trees. One day he set out to trim tall trees. He fell from a high distance and was out of commission for quite a while... finally back on his feet, he climbed with the aide of his trusty ladder, the tree he fell from. I admire him for it, he is not a young man and has been retired for many years.
    "Â*An appeaser is someone who feds a crocidile hoping to be eaten last " Winston Churchill

I had a cousin who was 1 can short a six-pack in the common sense department. He was up in a tree sawing a large limb...........he was sawing between himself and trunk of the tree!

He sawed through enough that the limb broke, he fell and broke his neck. Died instantly. leaving behind a wife and 5 kids.

He too had a spotter, who obviously wasn't paying attention, or had about the same amount of common sense as George!

tracking the usurper-in-chief and on his trail
    Quote Originally Posted by LegalUSCitizen
    I'm surprised you can even post something tonight.

The IV drip pain med hasn't worn off yet.

Thank you, all you guys and girls for your thoughts, advice, sympathy, and prayers. When one gets hurt, he finds out who his friends are, so they say.
    One man's terrorist is another man's undocumented worker.

Unless we enforce laws against illegal aliens today,
    tomorrow WE may wake up as illegals.

The last word: illegal aliens are ILLEGAL!

Maybe I should be less of a stickler about who does my work?
    Maybe you should give up ladders, but hire a licensed, insured trimmer. If an illegal alien took that flop in your yard you'd be bankrupt from supporting him after the lawsuit.
    Take care of yourself.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenJustice
    I had a cousin who was 1 can short a six-pack in the common sense department. He was up in a tree sawing a large limb...........he was sawing between himself and trunk of the tree!

He sawed through enough that the limb broke, he fell and broke his neck. Died instantly. leaving behind a wife and 5 kids.

He too had a spotter, who obviously wasn't paying attention, or had about the same amount of common sense as George!
    They do not call them widow makers for nothing. Haha
    "Â*An appeaser is someone who feds a crocidile hoping to be eaten last " Winston Churchill

Maybe you should have stayed at the hospital. I know there are a lot of Americans who tell the doctor, "No, I want to go home".....because they are so worried about the hospital bill.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast