Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I hope census got right when they counted Hispanics

I hope census got right when they counted Hispanics

Mark brown markbrown@suntimes.com Feb 17, 2011 02:07AM

Quick. Imagine for a moment that you didn’t read any of the stories in Wednesday’s paper about the new Chicago census numbers.

What would you have said was the single most striking demographic trend in Chicago that you observed during the last decade?

I’d be surprised if most of you didn’t answer: the increase in the Hispanic population.

That’s sure been my perception as I have moved about the city during that time and what I was expecting to see reflected in the new 2010 census data.

Instead, the U.S. Census Bureau reported this week that the city’s Hispanic population increased just 3.3 percent between 2000 and 2010, from 753,644 to 778,862.

Really? A measly 3.3 percent. They sure fooled me.

During the last decade, it has seemed that nearly every major commercial strip on the Southwest Side of the city, along with parts of the Northwest Side, has been taken over by a new generation of Latino shopkeepers, restaurant owners and other businesses catering to a Spanish-speaking clientele.

At the same time, the movement of Hispanic voters into the Bungalow Belt has challenged the established political order in Chicago’s longtime white ethnic wards, although admittedly without any significant changes in control up to this point.

On top of that, you’ve got a public school system in the city increasingly populated by Hispanic students, who continue to be the most likely to face overpopulated schools.

Admittedly, all that is anecdotal evidence, but it’s enough to give me pause about the accuracy of the count, and I’m not the only one.

“I think many people are surprised at the low number,â€

I have no problem with the Hispanic population increasing as long as it isn't due to illegal aliens and their anchor babies.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldglory
    I have no problem with the Hispanic population increasing as long as it isn't due to illegal aliens and their anchor babies.
    Funny you should say that Oldglory.

I came across this little tidbit today on a dreamer forum.

htt.dreamact.info/forum/showthread.php?t=20385--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juror Qualification Questionnaire

I got a letter from New York County, stating the following.

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The law requires you to complete this questionnaire. All answers are confidential. Please respond within 10 days. Your name was selected at random from voter, Department of Motor Vehicles, tax, social services or unemployment lists. This is not a summons. You are NOT required to appear for service at this time. The questionnaire must be completed.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The questions are basic; name, address, city etc etc.
    One of the questions asks if I am a citizen of the United States.
    IF NO, they want me to mail a copy of a current Visa, Passport, Green Card or Employment Authorization Card.

Have any of you guys ever gotten this letter? If so, how did you go about it?

Ianus 02-16-2011 09:15 PM

Re: Juror Qualification Questionnaire

Call the phone number in question and explain the situation about only what you have,considering it is NY you're not the only one that has received such letters.

Usually a fax of your passport is enough.It is not a good idea to not reply as it can go to a warrant if not replied to !

iNeverHadAChance 02-16-2011 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ianus (Post 210782)
    Usually a fax of your passport is enough.It is not a good idea to not reply as it can go to a warrant if not replied to !

I never replied.. I knew it wasn't a good idea to fill out census..

Ianus 02-16-2011 09:58 PM

^^They'll keep sending one until you do reply or issue a warrant worst case scenario.

Note:It is not only local and State courts that ask for jurors,Federal courts also ask so........reply or get a lawyer to handle it as your liaison.

nydreamer 02-17-2011 01:46 AM

The person that does my taxes told me to just mail the letter back saying I am not a USC.

Ianus 02-17-2011 12:19 PM

They'll mail it back requiring you to prove you're a non-citizen,interestingly enough.

So now they are being called for jury duty.

Banned
    I was one of the unemployeed and did some census work. Was scary even up here. You never know what your gonna encounter. As for who is living in a house ya never really know who or how many. Am sure many a house had alot of folks hiding in the rafters until the census worker left. Sad part is we had to count people living in caves, cars and in tents. Many are vets. Here we are in America, and we have so many homeless here yet we bend over backwards to pander to the illegals latino flood and the latino community. We are fightin in the Middle East and our president is buddy buddy with every muslim here in the USA. Thats amounts to having FDR making friends with the japs in 1941. He would never think of it and our current president should do the same. the WH has lost all prospective of priorities and focus. The change needs to be made, the focus needs to be readjusted, the illegals removed and borders locked up tight.

So, there is proof positive that they registered to vote, and that the state isn't doing squat about it...

You don't get called for jury duty unless you registered to vote.

I wonder if there is anywhere you could report that thread to...?

Quote Originally Posted by pointedstick
    So, there is proof positive that they registered to vote, and that the state isn't doing squat about it...

You don't get called for jury duty unless you registered to vote.

I wonder if there is anywhere you could report that thread to...?
    It wouldn't go anywhere without a President who wants to actually crack down. The simple thing is they have to prove intent to defraud which is why they are opposing requiring proof of citizenship to register. As long as they can keep the identification needed to register being minimal they overcome the proof to defraud. Then they keep voting records and registration locked up and IF by chance ever judges ordered in an area for voter registration records to be checked for legal status that only means registration fraud by the person but doesn't prove voter fraud in an election which for that one has to prove the illegal voted. Voting records are locked up so tight noone would want to go through that to make sure only citizens vote on the threat of Big Bro seeing who you voted for.

Of course in reality if for instance in Reids election was called into count and check it would be fairly easy to see voter fraud in such a scale to suggest intent to defraud. That is why they keep such things locked up so noone can prove crap really on past elections.

Leaves only the real option of requiring proof citizenship in order to register to vote and making it so one must register at least 3 months before election day. Proof of citizenship would have to be multiple forms of ID such as birth cert, state ID card, bill at present address.... those 3 things should be enough or having a US passport along with a bill at present address. But we can't have so many dem illegal voters put out in the cold on issues now can we...