Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I know the civil right movement of the Afro-Americans

I know the civil right movement of the Afro-Americans whose ancestors were brought to this country in chains and against their will to work and live as slaves.
    I am a native American woman who was raised by an Afro-American family and I know the movement of Native Americans and Blacks. It infuriates me to hear Illegals compare their movement to that of Afro-Americans and Cesar Chavez, they don’t have a clue what is and was like. They can leave this country any time they wish. They came here uninvited and are criminals when they use fraudulent documents to gain employment. They are felons.
    If 20 million Illegals here protested against the Mexican government , who are really the reason they risk their lives to come here and are separated from their families, maybe that would change their problems in Mexico their homeland. They are not Americans and are not our problem and have no legal rights to this country.
    Afro-Americans do not be used by the Illegals to progress their movement. Illegals do not care about Afro-Americans.

I agree dyehard39.

They should be marching in the streets of Mexico for the MEXICAN DREAM OR THE SOUTH AMERICAN DREAM. They can keep their nationality, heart and soul, religion, language and customs in MEXICO AND SOUTH AMERICA. March in their streets, not ours.

The taxpaying citizens of this country did not invite these people. They are criminals by crossing the border illegally without permission. Remittances to these countries was reported the other day to be 450 billion dollars. That money is worth a hundred fold in their countries. They are living like kings while our hospitals close, taxes rise, crime rises, social service costs rise!

Illegals should march for change in their own country, not ours. We don't need to change our laws!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

dyehard39 wrote:
    I am a native American woman who was raised by an Afro-American family and I know the movement of Native Americans and Blacks. It infuriates me to hear Illegals compare their movement to that of Afro-Americans and Cesar Chavez, they don’t have a clue what is and was like.
    I know you must really feel taken sometimes. I believe that the social changes of the 60's that caused all of us to re-think how we precieved other races did not reach the Mexican society like it did in societies of Europe and other parts of the world, with Mexican illegals, who account for 90% of all illegal immigrants it shows.

Such a claim could have only been dreamed up by someone who could convince them that this land is theirs. This is probably a group of people. It seems like they are being told what to do to infiltrate this country. Maps, water stations..lies...anything to transfere the poverty of Mexico to the United States via the social liberalism that was originally meant for all legal citizens of the world, not illegal immigrants. Let them go back to their own country and have a social revolution to reap the benifits of this social enlightenment. GO HOME AND FIX YOUR OWN COUNTRY YA BUNCH OF CHICKENS! ADDRESS FOX NOW FOR THE OPRESSION OF THE MEXICAN PEOPLE. YOU AND ONLY YOU CAN DO THIS, NOT ANYONE ELSE.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Good post dyehard39 This is an article that I have found interesting on Mexico's contribution to the slavery of Africans in the Americas.

http://www.smithsonianeducation.org/mig ... lmleg.html

Africa's Legacy in Mexico
    A Legacy of Slavery

"Barber Shop," Pinotepa Nacional, Oaxaca, Mexico, 1990

A LEGACY OF SLAVERY
    Colin A. Palmer

When I arrived in Mexico about two decades ago to begin research on the early history of Africans and their descendants there, a young student politely told me that I was embarking on a wild goose chase. Mexico had never imported slaves from Africa, he said, fully certain that the nation's peoples of African descent were relatively recent arrivals.

This lack of knowledge about Mexico's African peoples has not changed much over time. A short while ago a Mexican engineer, himself of African descent, told me adamantly that the country's blacks were the descendants of escaped slaves from North America and Cuba. These fugitives, he proudly proclaimed, had sought and found sanctuary in free Mexico.

The historical record, of course, tells another story. In the sixteenth century, New Spain--as Mexico was then called--probably had more enslaved Africans than any other colony in the Western Hemisphere. Blacks were present as slaves of the Spaniards as early as the 1520s. Over the approximately three hundred years it lasted, the slave trade brought about 200,000 Africans to the colony. Many blacks were born in Mexico and followed their parents into slavery. Not until 1829 was the institution abolished by the leaders of the newly independent nation.

"Man & Canoe," Corralero, Oaxaca, Mexico, 1987

African labor was vital to the Spanish colonists. As indigenous peoples were killed or died from European diseases, blacks assumed a disproportionate share of the burden of work, particularly in the early colonial period. African slaves labored in the silver mines of Zacatecas, Taxco, Guanajuato, and Pachuca in the northern and central regions; on the sugar plantations of the Valle de Orizaba and Morelos in the south; in the textile factories ("obrajes") of Puebla and Oaxaca on the west coast and in Mexico City; and in households everywhere. Others worked in skilled trade or on cattle ranches. Although black slaves were never more than two percent of the total population, their contributions to colonial Mexico were enormous, especially during acute labor shortages.

Wherever their numbers permitted, slaves created networks that allowed them to cope with their situation, give expression to their humanity, and maintain a sense of self. These networks flourished in Mexico City, the port city of Veracruz, the major mining centers, and the sugar plantations, allowing Africans to preserve some of their cultural heritage even as they forged new and dynamic relationships. Although males outnumbered females, many slaves found spouses from their own or other African ethnic groups. Other slaves married or had amorous liaisons with the indigenous peoples and to a lesser extent the Spaniards. In time, a population of mixed bloods emerged, gaining demographic ascendancy by the mid-eighteenth century. Known as "mulattos," "pardos," or "zambos," many of them were either born free or in time acquired their liberty.

As in the rest of the Americas, slavery in Mexico exacted a severe physical and psychological price from its victims. Abuse was a constant part of a slave's existence; resisting oppression often meant torture, mutilation, whipping, or being put in confinement. Death rates were high, especially for slaves in the silver mines and on the sugar plantations. Yet, for the most part, their spirits were never broken and many fled to establish settlements ("palenques") in remote areas of the country.

These fugitives were a constant thorn in the side of slave owners. The most renowned group of "maroons," as they were called, escaped to the mountains near Veracruz. Unable to defeat these intrepid Africans, the colonists finally recognized their freedom and allowed them to build and administer their own town. Today, their leader, Yanga, remains a symbol of black resistance in Mexico.

Other slaves rebelled or conspired to. The first conspiracy on record took place in 1537, and these assaults on the system grew more frequent as the black population increased.

Regardless of the form it took--escape or rebellion--resistance demonstrated an angry defiance of the status quo and the slaves' desire to reclaim their own lives. As such, black resistance occupies a special place in Mexico's revolutionary tradition, a tradition that is a source of pride for many Mexicans.

Beyond that, Africans in Mexico left their cultural and genetic imprint everywhere they lived. In states such as Veracruz, Guerrero, and Oaxaca, the descendants of Africa's children still bear the evidence of their ancestry. No longer do they see themselves as Mandinga, Wolof, Ibo, Bakongo, or members of other African ethnic groups; their self identity is Mexican, and they share much with other members of their nation-state.

Yet their cultural heritage has not entirely disappeared. Some African traditions survive in song, music, dance, and other ways. But much has changed since slavery ended, and it is difficult for a small minority to maintain its traditions in a constantly changing society.

As their ancestors did, the few remaining persons who are visibly of African descent continue to be productive members of society. But history has not been kind to the achievements of African peoples in Mexico. It is only within recent times that their lives have been studied and their contributions to Mexican society illuminated. Suffice it to say that contemporary black Mexicans can claim this proud legacy and draw strength from it, even as they become a shrinking part of their country's peoples.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Same justification

Now that I think about it the same justification was used for using black slaves as hiring illegal aliens namely that Americans can't or won't do hard labor.

Good post dyehard39

They can leave this country any time they wish. They came here uninvited and are criminals when they use fraudulent documents to gain employment. They are felons.
    If 20 million Illegals here protested against the Mexican government , who are really the reason they risk their lives to come here and are separated from their families, maybe that would change their problems in Mexico their homeland. They are not Americans and are not our problem and have no legal rights to this country.
    Just as quickly as they sneaked into our country. They can leave anytime. No one is forcing to stay in a country that does not want to financially support them.
    Work together for the benefit of all mankind

[quote="Newmexican"]Good post dyehard39 This is an article that I have found interesting on Mexico's contribution to the slavery of Africans in the Americas.

http://www.smithsonianeducation.org/mig ... lmleg.html

Africa's Legacy in Mexico
    A Legacy of Slavery

"Barber Shop," Pinotepa Nacional, Oaxaca, Mexico, 1990

Very interesting. There is also a very good book "They came before columbus" go into the African presence in the Americas in 1000 BC.
    http://www.si.umich.edu/chico/Schomburg ... e-all.html