Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I READ SOME OF SENATE BILL 1348

Folks,

I read some of this bill and the summary.

It is worse than I thought.

Know wonder LULAC LA RAZA and similar groups support it....

It looks like they will be able to get tens of millions in "grants" if it passes to "help the immigrants" (you know, the illegals they have already been conspiring with to get amnesty).

Of course they will indirectly use the money to advance their political movement and begin to demand even more benefits.

Welcome to the Balkinization of the USA if this bill passes.

I have a link to the bill on the OJJPAC website:
    http://www.ojjpac.org\legislation.asp
    Steve
    Ohio Jobs & Justice PAC
    http://www.OJJPAC.org

Hello Steve!!!!

Good to see that you are back in Ohio and posting again!!!!!!

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

STEVE

This is not the bill! this is the old 2611 from last year that Reid put up on May 10th.

Steve, they put out a DRAFT {no TEXT!!} AND never replaced the May 10th crap with the NEW crap.
    The DRAFT that they gave to the House of Reps is completely different than the 2611 & the 1348 on Thomas --while everything is disorganized and some sections are missing.

The amendments {108 of them} are on Thomas but actually have to be individually searched out for their Text.

Please read my post here:
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... 1&start=75

According to Burr's DC office as of Friday {if the info is accurate} he has approx 1200 pages!

2611 is 790 pages.
    1348 on Thomas is about the same minus a few pages they removed on May 10th.
    the DRAFT is approx 347 pages {the House copy} -- the copy they gave to the public is actually 11 pages less!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thanks for the follow up. But what do you believe is the correct bill #?

I realize there have been changes...but I have no doubts that the core of the bill is the same...and it's poison for the US.

We need to move forward with what we do know and get more people to oppose the legislation. We can't get bogged down in 1,200 pages of details that the public can't absorb anyway.

I think we all know that none of the amendments that passed will stop the amnesty. That's really all we need to know, especially with the senate expected to vote on this bill so soon.

Since we have few resources we need to spend our time waking up the public and get them calling their public officials. Picketing their offices is even better.
    Steve
    Ohio Jobs & Justice PAC

How can our congress even vote on a bill that they don't have in front of them? Can someone please explain this to me????
    Once abolish the God and the government becomes the God.*** -G.K. Chesterton from the book 'The Shack' by Wm. Paul Young-

I can assure you that probably no member of Congress (or staff) has actually read this bill in its entirety. Especially if it is as long as it has been reported.

Often votes are traded---you vote for my bill--I'll vote for yours---others line up behind the party whip.

When I worked for the Ohio House of Representatives I had one legislator ask me what the bill we just passed actually did. That was while we were in the governor's office taking bill signing photos.

Does this answer your question?
    Steve
    Ohio Jobs & Justice PAC

Duh
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    what do you believe is the correct bill #?
    S. 1348

Duh
    Duh

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    Thanks for the follow up. But what do you believe is the correct bill #?

I realize there have been changes...but I have no doubts that the core of the bill is the same...and it's poison for the US.

We need to move forward with what we do know and get more people to oppose the legislation. We can't get bogged down in 1,200 pages of details that the public can't absorb anyway.

I think we all know that none of the amendments that passed will stop the amnesty. That's really all we need to know, especially with the senate expected to vote on this bill so soon.

Since we have few resources we need to spend our time waking up the public and get them calling their public officials. Picketing their offices is even better.
    STEVE
    the bill Number is still 1348.

But the senate did NOT replace the Reid May 10th 1348 with the NEW BILL from the 'negotiations!'

I will send you via email the DRAFT of the new 1348 in pdf form.
    We received this FINAL DRAFT of the new bill from a Congressional office!

Can you see what they have done? They're literally NOT putting out the NEW TEXT!

FYI: the new bill is supposed to be 100s of pages larger than the old 2611! It's MUCH WORSE, Steve!

Also: Note the "BI LATERAL HEALTH CARE WITH MEXICO" in Sec. 413 of the DRAFT.
    SEC. 248 is MISSING, however, is referred to numerous times within the DRAFT.