Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I thought this was ironic

A couple days ago I drove by a local strawberry picking farm, the kind that you pay to pick your own berries. As I drove by, I saw many hispanics in there picking,lol. I didn't know they actually paid to pick?!
    Just your ordinary, average, everyday, American mom!

I live in a large strawberry picking area also. People can go in and pick their own OR THEY CAN JUST BUY THE BERRIES ALREADY PICKED.
    Also, the hispanics you saw may have been picking them to resell to stores, restaurants, etc., even door to door.

Those pickers were probably not Hispanic they were most probably Mizteca or Mayan Indians who can barely speak Spanish. Those pick your own farms offer anybody a per box price to everybody but you did not consider it to be a job offer. The Indians take the low price per box and by picking hundreds of boxes earn an income which while below minimum wage is more thanthey would a home. After they pick up Spanish they can start to get jobs working for and with other Mexicans.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Selling the berries they picked door to door? Ohhh, especially would not after that article about the "bathtub cheese" in Escondido, CA!!!
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanElizabeth
    Selling the berries they picked door to door? Ohhh, especially would not after that article about the "bathtub cheese" in Escondido, CA!!!
    Ok, I DON'T even want to know what that means
    Just your ordinary, average, everyday, American mom!

Quote Originally Posted by GoDawgs
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanElizabeth
    Ok, I DON'T even want to know what that means

NO, you really don't!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Mmmmm......yummy cheese made in someones dirty bathtub being sold door to door!!

I had some man come to my front door one time, he had this white bucket with a towel over it and was offering this white soft cheese, sitting in some kind of liquid, for five dollars a chunk, I said "no thanks, I don't have medical insurance", and he smiled and nodded and walked away. I really don't think he actually understood me, but whatever, he understood the "no" part.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)