Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

IBM Destroys State of Texas $863 million Computer System

Imagine how many Americans could have been provided with jobs with this $863 million, but state bureaucracies are still doing business with IBM because they "believe" in IBM's mission to throw Americans out of work and hand their jobs to temporary foreign laborers.

IBM Destroys State of Texas $863 million Computer System

http://www.statesman.com/search/content ... 4data.html

Elections system pulled from IBM data center contract
    Company's failures could have jeopardized 'fair, credible elections,' secretary of state's office says.
    By Kate Alexander
    AMERICAN-STATESMAN STAFF
    Wednesday, November 04, 2009

IBM Corp.'s failure to protect state information under an $863 million data center consolidation contract has prompted the Texas secretary of state's office to pull its elections system from the project.

In August, the secretary of state got a "wake-up call" when a server crash led to a 13-day outage of the agency's business records filing system. It exposed serious weaknesses in IBM's ability to recover lost data, said secretary of state spokesman Randall Dillard.

http://techdirt.com/articles/20091105/0300066804.shtml

Texas Pulls Voting Reg System From IBM After Multimillion System Can't Recover Lost Data
    from the that's-not-good dept

EFF points us to yet another massively expensive computer system that can't do some rather basic things. Apparently the state of Texas has pulled its election systems from an $863 million computer system project it had with IBM, after failures and glitches in the system took down the voter system and lost data, which was unrecoverable. State officials realized that if this had happened during an actual election, the state wouldn't have been able to verify new voters, in violation of federal law. So, it dumped IBM and set up its own system that (gasp) actually has multiple backups of the data. I guess things like redundant backups aren't included in the $863 million package.

IBM now outsources a large portion of its computer accounts to India

http://peacerebelgirl.wordpress.com/200 ... -to-india/

IBM Outsourcing Thousands of Jobs to India
    March 26, 2009 · 29 Comments

outsourcing_tcm18-352082

IBM draws criticism for job cuts, outsourcing

IBM’s reported plans to lay off thousands of U.S. workers and outsource many of those jobs to India, even as the company angles for billions in stimulus money, doesn’t sit well with employee rights advocates.

Business Week reports that IBM’s workforce increased from 386,558 in 2007 to 398,000 at the end of 2008.

IBM employees are being dealt a double blow, said Lee Conrad, national coordinator for Alliance@IBM, a pro-union group that has been fighting IBM’s outsourcing for years.

“We’re outraged that jobs cuts are happening in the U.S. and the work is being shifted offshore,â€

For a blow-by-blow report of the rumors (which always turn out to be true) and the managerial shenanigans of IBM, here's the place: http://www.endicottalliance.org/jobcutsreports.php
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This will be the year that determines if we win or lose this country .

Its not just the money, it the power . They want absolute power over not just USA but the world .

Right now the only ones who can protect us from them is us right here and a few other places where we make change [ why does that word now make me ill ] .

We can't lose this fight !

Alot of times Micro-Soft and IBM try to hire cheaper 'temp' workers, because of the RACIST notion that 'Asians' are SUPERIOR to Whites, who invented computers, at doing programing and stuff. Nothing could be further from the truth. My old boss was against immigration control, and would talk about the endless 'brainpower' of Asian immigrants. I think they have some kind of mystique about them to management, cheap labor, but better than some USA born kid. No, sorry, NOT.

Look up computer awards, see who wins them, its usually some Scandinavian kid in Finland or something.

This could be a foriegn disaster from cheap labor,but we will never know, will we?

Quote Originally Posted by Arizonablues
    I think they have some kind of mystique about them to management, cheap labor, but better than some USA born kid. No, sorry, NOT.

I saw the same thing happen at Michigan State University. One time when I was in graduate school there I was a hired for a research job. During the interview I was told that Asian students were superior to American ones. The so-called scientist who told me this asked what I thought I about this. I didn't have an answer. Next, his assistant proudly exclaimed to to me that they didn't hire White males. For the next several months I was told to report to a mysterious job where no actual research was going on and I was not allowed to have a desk. The professor who got funded for this project later admitted to me that he got the money for his grant whether he did the work or not. When a younger female came to work on our project he decided to stick me as one of the things to "blame" for why the project went wrong and hired her on a full-time basis which meant that she also got a desk. Right before he let me go I was told that I had to finish up my project as quickly as possible but I was not allowed to use a desk.

From what I understand, this type of corruption is all over academia right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Arizonablues
    This could be a foriegn disaster from cheap labor,but we will never know, will we?
    There are millions of Americans who lost their jobs to foreign labor. If you want to invade a country and subdue its population, slamming them into poverty by taking away their jobs seems to really work.