Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

An ICE Office in every Courthouse: A Suggestion from Georgia

I copied the following letter from the website of "Congress.org - Issues and Actions", "Letters to Leaders" section":

Subject: Immigration and the INS (now ICE)
    To: President George Bush
    May 9, 2008

Dear President Bush:

I work as a court reporter for the Clayton Judicial Circuit, State of Georgia.

So often we have individuals from other countries who plead guilty to crimes in our county or are found guilty by way of a jury trial.

I am suggesting that a representative of INS have an office in every county courthouse in every state and that when an immigrant is either found or plead guilty, they are remanded to the custody of INS, not the local sheriff.

Taxpayers pay an inordinate amount of money dealing with this in the jails and through the court system.

Thank you for your consideration.

Stockbridge, Georgia

Please note that the characterization of "individuals from other countries" mentioned in this correspondence surely could not be categorized as "racial profiling", and that the sole criterion given for remanding any foreign immigrant or illegal alien to the custody of ICE is a guilty plea or conviction in court, which would lead automatically to their deportation by statute.

If we could get this passed and funded, it certainly would go a long way toward insuring at least the steady deportation of convicted criminal immigrants and aliens from our country!

http://www.congress.org
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Sounds like a winner to me.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Great idea!

I don't understand how true justice can be dispensed in a court of law without the court knowing the illegal/legal immigration or naturalized/born citizenship status of the accused.
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Sounds good to me too. Good use for our tax dollars, sound ROI.
    "

Never happen here in California, and probably not elsewhere either. The courts and law enforcement would just tell everyone that doing so would cause "immigrants" to avoid court appearances at all, and Failure to appear would be "unnecessarily" added to their charges.
    It will not be enough to send a letter. We will have to march on washington and dictate terms in the white house