Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

An Idea to help offset cost of services used by illiegal's

Hello all,

I had an idea after watching a Fox news report about how Mexico has a very strict policy that requires passports for Americans to enter the country. We all know that legislatures love to raise and create new taxes, how about a 10-15% tax on any travel ticket, hotel accommodation or vacation package to Mexico? They could also impose a nice fee tax for any money transfer to the country. The new tax could be explained as necessary to offset the cost of services used in the US by illegal aliens. As a conservative I hate the word TAX, but this is one I could support.

Regards,
    R..

Re: An Idea to help offset cost of services used by illiegal

Quote Originally Posted by htxpert
    Hello all,

I had an idea after watching a Fox news report about how Mexico has a very strict policy that requires passports for Americans to enter the country. We all know that legislatures love to raise and create new taxes, how about a 10-15% tax on any travel ticket, hotel accommodation or vacation package to Mexico? They could also impose a nice fee tax for any money transfer to the country. The new tax could be explained as necessary to offset the cost of services used in the US by illegal aliens. As a conservative I hate the word TAX, but this is one I could support.

Regards,
    R..
    Welcome Htx!
    Unfortunately AZ tried to tax money being sent home by illegals, and it was killed in the courts.

Here's a better idea: When they seize their property and possessions, take the proceeds from the auctions and spread it out amongst the BP and to the state the assests were seized from.

The IRS does it with drug dealers, so why can't we do it with illegals?
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

Since many illegals have carried drugs to pay for crossing the border maybe we can do this? Remember Sutton only jails those with over 500 pounds of drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Beckyal
    Since many illegals have carried drugs to pay for crossing the border maybe we can do this? Remember Sutton only jails those with over 500 pounds of drugs.
    Becky, that's only if they didn't take a lead slug in their "asno" by a BP agent.
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.