Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Identity theft by illegals

It seems that among the illegal community the use of stolen identity is very common. In many Mexican neighborhoods of large cities, one can purchase fake green cards, stolen S.S. cards, birth certificates and other documents that are being used my illegals to secure employement. The most recent case in the news, was that of a police officer in Alaska, who had been hired five years ago by using the stolen identity of a U.S. Citizen. He was indeed an illegal Mexican and was discovered when he tried to revalidate his U.S. passport. The police department in Alaska is now facing serious legal problems brought by people that had been arrested by the impostor in the last 5 years. The F.B.I. should conduct a large scale investigation to find out how extended is this practice.

Banned
    The latino community has set up it own cottage industry of fake IDs. Its a booming market and those who are involved need to face tougher penalties.

Senior Member AmericanTreeFarmer's Avatar
    And a note to any Latinos still uncommited on the issue of immigration enforcement, when illegal aliens steal identity they do not go looking for birth certificates with names like Smith, Johnson, Jones or even O'Brian. The largest victims in identity theft occuring because of the illegal immigration problem are Latino natives and law abiding legal immigrants. They are the ones with the "right names" for the illegal aliens to try to pass themselves off as.

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanTreeFarmer
    And a note to any Latinos still uncommited on the issue of immigration enforcement, when illegal aliens steal identity they do not go looking for birth certificates with names like Smith, Johnson, Jones or even O'Brian. The largest victims in identity theft occuring because of the illegal immigration problem are Latino natives and law abiding legal immigrants. They are the ones with the "right names" for the illegal aliens to try to pass themselves off as.
    "Yeah!"
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

We have a big problem with that here in Florida. I guess when it personally hurts those Cubans who look at them as fellow Hispanics then they will demand something be done about it. They will scream for days on end and then join the side of the other Cubans who are against illegal immigration.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Its not only illegals selling fake documents you have alot of legals making and selling them too,some are doing it for the almighty dollar and some are doing it to help the illegals.When they do catch the ones that are prossesing fake documents they ought to get lengthy prison sentences.

Ald. Munoz's father gets 4 years in fake ID case

January 6, 2009 2:04 PM | 16 Comments

Elias Munoz, father of Chicago Ald. Ricardo Munoz, was sentenced today to four years in prison for his role in a fake ID ring.

U.S. District Judge Rebecca Pallmeyer called his role as a photographer in a Little Village fake ID ring "pretty significant."

During a two-hour hearing, government attorneys linked Munoz's pictures to other ID scams in Chicago.

"He took those photos knowing or just recklessly disregarding that they would obtain, by those photos, illegal documentation," Pallmeyer said.

Munoz, 63, who owned a photo studio inside a Little Village outdoor mall where the international ring was based, pleaded guilty last year to charges of criminal conspiracy.

After an additional two years probation, Munoz, a legal Mexican immigrant, is likely to be deported, Pallemeyer said.

Federal prosecutors estimated Munoz earned $180,000 a year through the illegal photos. They also revealed IRS reports showing Munoz failed to report his income from 2001 through 2006, avoiding taxes for those years.

"He was up to his eyeballs in this for years and years and years," argued Assistant U. S. Attorney Andrew Porter.

Munoz, frustrated by the portrayal, fumed to reporters during a hearing recess that he was being treated unfairly.

In a statement to Pallemeyer, he wept openly, pleading for forgiveness, before being allowed to leave the federal courthouse and report to prison voluntarily in the next few weeks.

"If I did something wrong, I'm sorry. Forgive me," Munoz said in a mixture of English and Spanish. He claimed he ran a legitimate business.

The photo studio, Nuevo Munoz Foto, shut down shortly after federal agents broke up the fake ID ring during an April, 2007 raid.

The ring's leaders are being tried for murder for allegedly ordering that a competitor be shot to death in Mexico.

http://archive.chicagobreakingnews.com/ ... -case.html
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by duckman
    Its not only illegals selling fake documents you have alot of legals making and selling them too,some are doing it for the almighty dollar and some are doing it to help the illegals.When they do catch the ones that are prossesing fake documents they ought to get lengthy prison sentences.
    Key words are they should do something but they won't. Within the last month police arrested 2 men for getting ready to mail out around 20 fake Florida driver's licenses each. One was Russian and the other Israeli which did not surprise me at all and neither did the fact they came from well to do homes where they lived with their parents and lived in a fairly high class city. The 2 guys did not even have to post bond but were given pre trial where Miami Dade County expects them to show up to court. What a joke! Both are a high flight risk since they immigrated here and have relatives back home and the parents of both are wealthy so they can afford to support them where ever they would go. This arrest didn't even make the newspapers or TV news! The only reason I know about it is because a bond writer that lives down the hall from me told me and I was able to confirm that with people in the particular law enforcement agency who was involved in the case.

Banned

"If I did something wrong, I'm sorry. Forgive me," Munoz said in a mixture of English and Spanish. He claimed he ran a legitimate business.
    IF?? IF?? Dude, really? The absolute GALL of some people is amazing!
    "

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast