Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

If Courts Can Gut Second Amendment...

3-17-8

Release: March 18, 2008

Contact: David Almasi at (202) 543-4110 x11 or nter.org>dalmasi@nationalcenter.org

On Eve of D.C. Gun Ban Supreme Court Case, Black Activist Asks: If Courts Can Gut Second Amendment, How Can We Assume 13th Amendment Ban on Slavery is Safe?

Washington, D.C. - As the U.S. Supreme Court considers its first major case involving the definition of the 2nd Amendment's protection of gun rights in almost 70 years, black activists with the Project 21 leadership network assert that government should not be allowed to pick and choose what constitutional protections are honored and enforced.

"As a black American, I would be horrified to hear a state or local government enacted legislation or regulation that gutted the 13th Amendment's prohibit on slavery or the 15th Amendment's guarantee that all races could vote. Why aren't more people outraged when the 2nd Amendment's guarantee that individuals can protect themselves is infringed?" asks Project 21 fellow Deneen Borelli. "Besides violating the 2nd Amendment, this case involving the District of Columbia's gun ban is a violation of the fundamental rationale of law as well as immorally denying citizens the right to protect themselves."

In the case of District of Columbia v. Heller, to be heard at 10:00 am Eastern on March 18, the justices will consider arguments about a ruling by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit last spring that struck down the 1976 law that banned most gun ownership in the nation's capital. This particular case is important from other recent gun rights cases heard by the Court because the nature of the case touches the core 2nd Amendment protection of an individual's right to own a firearm.

"In Washington, criminals know that an unarmed citizen is easy prey. Right now, the criminals are winning because the city's gun ban is effectively protecting the plunderer and punishing the property owner," added Project 21's Borelli. "The lower court verdict to restore power to the people to legally possess a suitable firearm will make criminals think twice about their actions, and it is something the Supreme Court should affirm."

Borelli's column on the case is available at http://www.nationalcenter.org/P21NVBore ... 90507.html.

For more information, contact David Almasi at (202) 543-4110 x11 or

dalmasi@nationalcenter.org, or visit Project 21's website at www.project21.org/P21Index.html.

http://www.rense.com/general81/gut.htm
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The CFR, the Trilateral Commission and the Chamber of Commerce and some members in our federal government, through the MSM, are in concert together to undermine and destroy the Constitution as a whole..or piece by piece. Whether it's the 2nd or 13th ammendment, the whole Constitution and our freedom is in danger. One of the reasons why more Americans are not outraged about this is because the MSM is not making a big deal about it. Joe sixpack and his fat lazy wife are not doing what they need to do. They are traitors as much as Bush is.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: If Courts Can Gut Second Amendment...

Quote Originally Posted by AirborneSapper7
    3-17-8

Release: March 18, 2008

Contact: David Almasi at (202) 543-4110 x11 or nter.org>dalmasi@nationalcenter.org

On Eve of D.C. Gun Ban Supreme Court Case, Black Activist Asks: If Courts Can Gut Second Amendment, How Can We Assume 13th Amendment Ban on Slavery is Safe?
    We already have a loop hole around this, its call illegal immigration.

No matter what the Supreme Court decides I will keep my gun. When it gets to he point that the police have the right to search us all for guns I am out of here.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

It does not matter what happens as I have decided to adopt our Federal Governments selective enforcement philosophy when it comes to obeying laws.

Seems our government has no problem with allowing millions of illegal invaders not only entering this country, but also in providing them with every benefit imaginable. In addition, we cannot even get our officials to come to an agreement in deporting those illegals who have committed serious felonies in this country. Not only that, they allow them to have representation at every level of government, often times to the detriment of American Citizens and this country.

And now you say you may amend the constitution which would make it illegal for me to own a personal firearm. You say you want me to obey that law, while you the Federal Government continues to ignore our immigration laws .

LOL. Yea sure, I will get right on that

Something that I just posted to the Houston Chronicle on this subject. It seems a few Americans suffer from a short memory of World history. Let's refresh. The same thing can happen right here in the USA if we allow it.

In 1919, facing political and economic chaos and possible Communist revolution after Germany's defeat in the First World War, the Weimar Republic enacted the Regulation of the Council of the People's Delegates on Weapons Possession. The new law banned the civilian possession of all firearms and ammunition, and demanded their surrender "immediately." The law was similar to, although somewhat milder than, the gun laws currently demanded by the American gun-control lobby.

The Nazi disarmament campaign that began as soon as Hitler assumed power in 1933. On November 9, 1938, the Nazis launched the Kristallnacht, pogrom, and unarmed Jews all over Germany were attacked by government-sponsored mobs. In conjunction with Kristallnacht, the government used the administrative authority of the 1938 Weapons Law to require immediate Jewish surrender of all firearms and edged weapons, and to mandate a sentence of death or 20 years in a concentration camp for any violation.

Even after 1938, the German gun laws were not prohibitory. They simply gave the government enough information and enough discretion to ensure that victims inside Germany would not be able to fight back. Despite having an extremely powerful army, the Nazis still feared the civilian possession of firearms by hostile civilians.

The history of Germany might have been changed if more of its citizens had been armed, and if the right to bear arms had been enshrined it Germany's culture and constitution. While resistance took place in many parts of occupied Europe, there was almost no resistance in Germany itself, because the Nazis had enjoyed years in which they could enforce the gun laws to ensure that no potential opponent of the regime had the means to resist.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

The media has been trying to scare the sheeple into hating guns. There is a horrific story of gun crimes every single day in the news.

How often do you hear a story of innocent lives being saved thanks to the defensive use of firearms? I'm sure that happens almost daily somewhere in America.

People that have no experience with guns equate guns with murder.
    I think of some of the most bonding moments in life were with my father at the rifle range and upstate NY plinking cans as I was taught safety and respect for firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by Cribster
    I think of some of the most bonding moments in life with my father at the rifle range and upstate NY plinking cans as I was taught safety and respect for firearms.
    Same for me with my Dad in CA.

In addition, criminals are going to continue to carry guns, irrespective of what any law says. They are doing it now.

Therefore once again, the only one who is punished by this law is the law abiding citizen who wants to own a gun for personal protection or perhaps for sport shooting.

Why should that guy be punished because some criminal punk uses a hand gun to rob a liquor store or some gang banger who uses a gun to commit a drive by murder.

Another example of throwing the baby out with the bath water buy our illustrious leaders.

The Media and the Politicians keep the public busy with antic like Barack Obama speeches about race.

Washington, Detroit, Baltimore, Philly, Atlanta, Houston, New Orleans, LA have more murders than ever. Every thug, drug dealer and project citizen have guns.

It seems even illegals bring guns and drugs in with them. Everyone in America has a stash of guns except regular old middle class Joe with a wife and 2 kids.

And from crime stats and jail population, it seems the criminals don't think twice about using them.

I was robbed at gunpoint and terrorized. In the end, I was lucky and the criminal and his 357 Magnum left my business with $45.00. What no one talks about is how it really feels to be lying face down and wondering if this black man with a gun is going to shoot you or not over his crack fix. They can't show the mental anguish part on Law and Order. If caught these nut jobs are slapped on the wrist, given bail and they get out to do it all again.

It is not my fault that these same criminal types leave their guns around where children can get to them. Even teens have guns.

The gubermint needs to focus on criminal, getting rid of them, keeping more from crossing borders, and re-enacting the death penalty to put the fear of God in these nuts.

CRIMINALS will ALWAYS get guns, NO matter WHAT. The ONLY recourse is for LAW-abiding CITIZENS to carry weapons!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast