Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

If we can build a road, we can build a fence

I was just thinking (I know, dangerous proposition), as I sit behind the
    computer and post here on the forum, the cable TV is running off in the background... And, as I often do when I get a chance, I'll peruse a variety of my favorite channels - most of which are News, Weather and the HistoryChannel. Right now (9:20am Pacific) on THC, if you tune in, there is a program overviewing the history of the AlCan highway.

For those critics that say : 'it is impossible to build a 1800 mile fence or
    wall across the US/Mexico border', consider that the AlCan Highway:

* Was built in less than 1 year

* Spanned 1500+ miles

* Encompassed terrain / engineering challenges not previously addressed in large scale in the continental US (building over permafrost)

* Required workers to labor in arctic conditions - even in the peak of an arctic winter

* Was built almost exclusively with military personnel and resources

Building a large fence through a couple thousand miles of desert, with newer equipment and resources, under better conditions, should, by comparison, be pretty damn easy.

...Just my opinion, but please do think about it.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

There's can't and won't and at this stage of the game....our government will hang on to any excuse to not do it. They supposidly put a man on the moon for christ sake.....and a fence leaves them dumbfounded?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    There's can't and won't and at this stage of the game....our government will hang on to any excuse to not do it. They supposidly put a man on the moon for christ sake.....and a fence leaves them dumbfounded? Rolling Eyes
    They are absolute fools if they think they are fooling anyone. I think they budgeted $1.2 billion for the fence....it's supposedly way underfunded.

However, Duncan Hunter says that 3 separate estimates on border fencing/physical barrier have been made and they all came back with a projected cost of $3 million per mile, which is $2.1 billion total. So they have enough to build half of it........they can get started immediately!!!