Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

If you can't beat 'em ... help them over?

Texas ranchers hope ladders will save fences

FALFURRIAS, Texas If you can't beat 'em ... help them over?

That's what some South Texas ranchers are doing to keep illegal immigrants from cutting their expensive fences to avoid Border Patrol checkpoints.

They're installing ladders along the fences in the hope that migrants will take the easy route and save their fence lines.

Scott Pattinson owns one of a group of ranches just south of a Border Patrol highway checkpoint about 75 miles north of the U-S-Mexico border near Falfurrias.

He says just the wood used in the fences costs 100 dollars a foot, and the wire and other materials cost ten dollars a foot.

Texas ranches can be so large it could be days before owners notice the hole in the fence, long after the livestock possibly escapes.

Copyright 2006 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

http://www.kltv.com/Global/story.asp?S=5040676&nav=1TjD
    END OF AN ERA 1/20/2009

Senior Member NoIllegalsAllowed's Avatar
    Ladders? You've got to be kidding me.

These people are breaking and entering in a state where property owners are allowed to defend their property{mod edit}
    Free Ramos and Compean NOW!

NoIllegalsAllowed, I am not a moderater, but I think you better cool it with any talk about guns man, even if they are legal, go and read the post, Announcement posted by 2ndamendsis in the general discussion forum, its not just you but many of us, we are going to get our butts kicked outa here if we don't follow the rules! trying to save you and myself from a lot of grief here ok we got to much at stake to mess it up now!
    Build the dam fence post haste!

NoIllegalsAllowed, sorry man, I just went back and reread it myself and saw your post, sorry, I am always sticking my big foot in my mouth!
    Build the dam fence post haste!

I can get him much cheaper fencing, which will keep cattle in. It's called barbedwire and fence post. That's BS justification. That's just BS.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)