Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Years ago our company brought in families from Vietnam. One day a co-worker and I got on the elevator and the two Vietnamese girls who were speaking perfect English when the door opened immediately switched to their native language. I started going through my pockets hunting for something. When my friend asked what I was hunting for I told her I was hunting my passport. I also stated how outrageous it was that the company did not post a notice that the elevator would take you out of the U.S.A. and you needed to bring your passport. My friend was furious because she thought I had been rude. I thought the Vietnamese girls were rude. Either way, they got the point and it didn't happen again.

Today when I was shopping at Penny's I got tired of hearing Spanish, so I told a woman to speak English. She told me she was a citizen and could speak any language she wanted, I told her true but that it was rude.

I have come to the conclusion that she might be a citizen but she will never be an American. That is the difference, all of our past immigrants wanted to be Americans in all ways possible. A lot of the new citizens only want the benefits that America provides. They have no true loyalty or really want to be Americans.

Ironically, English IS the official language here in CA! So making English the national official language would be futile. I really believe that Mexico is encouraging THEIR people to only speak Spanish in the US...now that they have reached CRITICAL MASS! It's part of the Reconquista plan to dominate and control the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Hapexamendios
    At my credit Union a couple of months ago. There was a transaction going on, at a teller next to mine being conducted in spanish. When my teller asked me how I was doing today, I said "I would be better if my financial institution didn't cater to illegal aliens" She shot back "it's not catering" to which I replied, I'm fluent in German, do you have a german translator I would like to have it conducted in German. She said she did not, and I said you proved my point that you cater to illegals aliens.
    Just went through this with my bank over Spanish. They claimed that they sought to assist all their customers to do business with the bank. I started writing in German. They refused to reply. I've started up at a new bank over discriminatory ethnocentric pandering. If Spanish is available then there are six hundred languages that need to be available.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I agree with whoever said that they just really don't want to be Americans -- they just seem to want to shop here, make money, and send it home.

And it's crap. And I'm tired of so-called American corporations catering to it.

Sat right next to a table full of them the other day in McDonalds. Here I'm trying to have a nice quiet breakfast with my son and we're inundated by spanish speaking women talking at the top of their voices on their way to their cleaning jobs. They hadn't really ordered anything and were just sitting there in the McDonalds just clucking away. ANYTIME I'm out in public, I come across it.

They just don't care -- they don't care that they're here doing this in our country. It just totally makes me lose all respect for them -- and I hope some of their are reading this and know how many Americans feel about it.

I think ALL of us should get more vocal about it towards them. If they're doing it, and especially conducting business like that, Americans should speak up and tell them to stop, remind them it's rude, and demand they conduct business in English.

It's just a TOTAL lack of class, in my opinion. As American military folks, we are told to speak the language of the country we are visiting or residing in. To do anything else is totally rude and goes against all customary practices -- and that is an international type of rule.

I feel very much that this use of Spanish IS, in fact, part of their conquista movement/attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by jjmm
    I agree with whoever said that they just really don't want to be Americans -- they just seem to want to shop here, make money, and send it home.

And it's crap. And I'm tired of so-called American corporations catering to it.

Sat right next to a table full of them the other day in McDonalds. Here I'm trying to have a nice quiet breakfast with my son and we're inundated by spanish speaking women talking at the top of their voices on their way to their cleaning jobs. They hadn't really ordered anything and were just sitting there in the McDonalds just clucking away. ANYTIME I'm out in public, I come across it.

They just don't care -- they don't care that they're here doing this in our country. It just totally makes me lose all respect for them -- and I hope some of their are reading this and know how many Americans feel about it.

I think ALL of us should get more vocal about it towards them. If they're doing it, and especially conducting business like that, Americans should speak up and tell them to stop, remind them it's rude, and demand they conduct business in English.

It's just a TOTAL lack of class, in my opinion. As American military folks, we are told to speak the language of the country we are visiting or residing in. To do anything else is totally rude and goes against all customary practices -- and that is an international type of rule.

I feel very much that this use of Spanish IS, in fact, part of their conquista movement/attitude.

They have reached CRITICAL MASS and they have NO FEAR! Fear was the key factor years ago. They lived in FEAR of being picked up in the sweeps that used to take place in L.A. They were afraid of going to the malls on weekends and they really did stay in the shadows. But they were only a small minority 20 years ago. They have taken over in many, many major cities now.

The only way to stop the Reconquista is to put FEAR back into the equation! We can do it simply by enforcing the existing laws but the political will is gone. It's up to us to take the Constitution into our own hands and force the government to do their job. The government needs to FEAR We the People and Mexico needs to FEAR the US!

My legal resident Brazilian friend knows Portuguese, Spanish, French, German, and English and has a BACHELOR'S in them. But she ALWAYS speaks ENGLISH in PUBLIC in OUR country and DETESTS immigrants who publicly mouth off in ALIEN tongues! Yet, she points out, some of these SAME immigrants BOIL OVER when languages THEY can't decipher are uttered around them! On the bus a year ago, she and I decided to try something. We began conversing in Portuguese, and a couple of Hispanics sitting across the aisle from us stopped their Spanish conversation and gave US some DIRTY looks! They DEMANDED to know WHAT on earth WE were saying to each other! Switching to Spanish, my friend asked them WHY they were SO concerned about OUR small talk. They said they COULDN'T UNDERSTAND what we were saying. My friend replied that's how AMERICANS who DON'T know Spanish feel when YOU blabber in FRONT of them in Spanish! The Hispanics AGAIN demanded to know what we were talking about. Then my friend dropped the bombshell, if what YOU say to each other in SPANISH is NONE of OUR business, what WE say to each other in PORTUGUESE is NONE of YOURS! THAT clammed them up! And my friend and I CONTINUED our chat in Portuguese!

U.S.A.- for legal citizens, not illegals!
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanMe
    I really believe that Mexico is encouraging THEIR people to only speak Spanish in the US...now that they have reached CRITICAL MASS! It's part of the Reconquista plan to dominate and control the US.
    Their plan will fail. They will NEVER control the U.S. The American citizens would never allow it. Anyway, English IS the official language of the U.S.
    The National Council of LaRaza is the largest*hate group.

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanMe
    Ironically, English IS the official language here in CA! So making English the national official language would be futile. I really believe that Mexico is encouraging THEIR people to only speak Spanish in the US...now that they have reached CRITICAL MASS! It's part of the Reconquista plan to dominate and control the US.

Actually many Hispanics say they don't want English as our Official national langauge because they think that is what will happen. I always give California as an example of how a state with the Official language of English does not forbid anyone from speaking another language in public. In fact in Calif. these days you hear more Spanish than English being spoken. But English is a part of our identity, culture and heritage and we should be allowed to claim it as our official one. Funny how Mexico has Spanish as it's official langauge but Hispanics don't complain about that, do they? Can we say "double-standard"?

I agree that if you know how to speak English and you live in the U.S. it is rude not to speak it in public. I sense an arrogant and disrespectful attitutude from those who behave rudely this way. You can almost hear them saying under their breath, " you are going to have to learn Spanish soon as we are taking over".

Quote Originally Posted by MontereySherry
    Today when I was shopping at Penny's I got tired of hearing Spanish, so I told a woman to speak English. She told me she was a citizen and could speak any language she wanted, I told her true but that it was rude.

I have come to the conclusion that she might be a citizen but she will never be an American. That is the difference, all of our past immigrants wanted to be Americans in all ways possible. A lot of the new citizens only want the benefits that America provides. They have no true loyalty or really want to be Americans.
    Very good point Sherry. She "might be a citizen but she will never be an American." Certainly not one of the heart and certainly not respected by true Americans.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12