Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

The Illegal Alien Issue

http://magic-city-news.com/article_4167.shtml

The Illegal Alien Issue
    By Lance A. Wilkinson
    Jul 4, 2005, 23:

MANCHESTER, NH -- The influx of illegal aliens is a perennial problem to all citizens of these United States. The Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) recently estimated that there are approximately eight million illegal aliens hiding within our borders; defined as those who have lived here continuously for at least twelve months. Half of these illegal aliens came into the United States by illegally crossing the border while the other half entered the United States legally, but then overstayed the terms if their non-immigrant status or non-immigrant visas. Additionally, the costs to our public schools, social programs, correctional facilities, and public services such as welfare and health care are in the billions of dollars.
    The high levels of nationwide crime statistics have also proven to stem from the influx of illegal immigration. Small towns as well as large cities find themselves plagued by illegal drugs, violence, and an ever-growing trend of gang-related activity. The percentage of non-citizens in our federal prisons has increased by more than 35% of the total federal prison population. Most are illegal aliens who have been convicted of drug dealing and drug trafficking.

Between 1990 and 2000, the U.S. population increased by 13.1 percent (from 248,909,873 to 281,421,906). This was 1.4 million more people than were expected, which Census Bureau officials said may have been because a better job was done in counting illegal aliens than in the past.

The Immigration and Naturalizaton Service estimated the size of the nation's illegal immigration problem at five million residents (in the country for at least a year) as of 1996. The INS also estimated that the illegal immigration population was rising a net amount of 275,000 per year, i.e. adding up to about 6.1 million in 2000. And, the Census Bureau estimated the illegal alien population to be increasing by 225,000 per year. In light of the 2000 Census findings, it is clear that the net increase in the illegal alien population has been around 400,000 to 500,000 per year.

The INS then issued an estimate in February 2003 that the illegal alien population (in the country for mor than one year) was seven million in 2000, and that it grew between 1990-2000 by about 350,000 per year. The annual increase was about 75,000 per year higher than its previous estimate in 1998. the INS estimate does not include certain categories of aliens who entered the country illegally or overstayed their entry permit.

Colorado Congressman Tom Tancredo, Chairman of the Congressional Immigration Reform Caucus, has information that more than doubles the INS estimate, and he believes that there are in excess of 18 million illegal aliens criminally trespassing within our borders. The results of a study by the Federation for American Immigration Reform (F.A.I.R.) shows that among those 18 million illegal aliens hiding in the United States are approximately 1.1 million children of school age, and that over 7.25 billion - yes, billion - dollars was spent to educate the children of illegal aliens.

The matter of illegal aliens being arrested and charged with criminal trespass by New Ipswich, New Hampshire Police Chief Chamberlain and Hudson, New Hampshire Police Chief Gendron is not about color, creed, or national origin, nor is it about "racial profiling," as various detractors introduce into the situation in an attempt to camouflage the real issues. Local and state law enforcement authorities charging illegal aliens with criminal trespass is about our brave officers protecting the citizens of our great country from all law breakers, whether the perpetrator is a citizen by birth, a naturalized citizen, a permanent resident, a visitor, a student on a visa, or even an illegal alien. The letter of the law does not discriminate or infringe on any constitutional rights of the lawbreaker. A fundamental principle of international human rights to which the United States has committed itself, and also which is a fundamental principle of our nation, is the principle of nondiscrimination.

New Mexico Governor Bill Richardson appeared at a news conference at Southern New Hampshire University on June 7, criticizing the actions of the two police chiefs, saying, "You can't have police chiefs do this job indiscriminately around the country. This should be done by federal law enforcement. This should not be done by local police chiefs." He added that local police are acting as border agents because the federal government isn't doing its job. He further stated, "It shows federal immigration policies are not working."

If the government is not doing its job, who is? Such is the reason Chiefs Chamberlain and Gendron are to be supported in their quest to enforce the laws that our federal government does not.

Section 8 USC 1324 of the Federal Immigration and Nationality Act (FINA) reads, under section 274, in part: "A person (including a group of persons, business, organization, or local government) commits a federal felony when she or he knowingly assists illegal aliens due to personal convictions or assists an alien s/he should reasonably know is illegal in the U.S." The language of the Act reads further: "State and local law enforcement officials have the general power to investigate and arrest violators of federal immigration statutes without prior INS [ICE] knowlege or approval, as long as they are authorized to do so by state law. There is no extant federal limitation on this authority."

Section 133 of FINA authorizes the United States Attorney General to engage into a defined cooperative agreement with local governments to accept the services of local law enforcement in enforcing the Act. Under the section 133 agreement, local governments may designate their police officers as authorized to "perform a function of [a federal] immigration officer in relation to the investigation, apprehension, or detention of [illegal] aliens in the United States." Additionally, the Illegal Immigration and Immigrant Responsibility Act (IIRA) of 1996 empowers local law enforcement officers to enforce federal law violations against all illegal aliens found within their jurisdictions.

Under Title 8, Section 1325 of the United States Code, listed as "Improper Entry by Alien," defines that any citizen of any country other than the United States has committed a federal crime who:

- Enters or attempts to enter the United States at any time or place other than as designated by immigration officers; or
    - Eludes examination or inspection by immigration officers; or
    - Attempts to enter or obtains entry to the United States by a willfully falsle or misleading representation or the willful concealment of a material fact.

Being that local law enforcement officers have the general power to investigate and arrest violators of federal immigration statutes without prior Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) approval, it is realized that they have the authority to act in the capacity of a federal immigration officer and cannot look away from violations of our laws whether the violation be a federal or state statute. Illegal immigrants are deportable under Immigration and Nationality Act Section 237 (a)(1)(B) which reads, "Any alien who is present in the United States in violation of this Act or any other law of the United States is deportable."

The task to our federal agencies of sealing our borders to stem the flow of terrorists, many under the guise of illegal immigrants, is overwhelming and, at times, seemingly impossible. It is the duty of every American citizen, from the private sector to those in law enforcement, to assist in protecting our rights and privileges from those who decide to thwart the procedural immigration process by violating our immigration laws with their criminal trespass on United States soil.

Lance A. Wilkinson
    Citizens Against Illegal Aliens
    Amherst, New Hampshire
    lance.wilkinson@verizon.net
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

well since i cannot post a new topic then i will to find one that is as closest to the topic i would like to post. I will first tell you a bit about myself, I work for local law enforcement and i have chosen this profession for many reasons, of course the obvious...arresting people who sell drugs to our children, thiefs, drug addicts,etc.etc. Either way you get the point. I didnt know of this website until today when i was driving down a main hwy. that leads right through the middle of our very small town. On that sign it said "click alipac.us", well first of all this particular sign which if not carefully looked at would look like any other normal advertising sign, but upon closer inspection it usually reads other phrases such as, "welcome to North Carolina, mexicos newest colony". That one had to have been the phrase that stuck out among all the ones that has been posted there, and believe me there have been many. Well i do not agree with with the fact that illegal immigrants can come over and not have to pay the dues as do the people who were born in america have to, i pay taxes on everything i own, why should anyone be exempt from that. I am sick of people who live better than i do and they live off welfare. I cannot afford to have insurance for my family because it costs $600 a month and my net income is $1400.00 a month. I received a paticular call from my father about a month ago and all he could say was that he was losing construction jobs to mexicans that come over here and do the job for dirt cheap, and of course they were illegal immigrants. Needless to say he used other words and phrases i choose not to put here. Now i was born in the capital of Texas, moved here to N.C.. I will always be a Texan at heart though i love N.C. and the people in it. I have gotten some ill remarks but i think that is anywhere you go. I have also lost jobs to illegal immigrants and there is nothing i can do to change that. I have many more issues i would love to talk/complain about but that is for another day. Now to let anyone who reads this know that i am hispanic and i feel the same as alot of other red blooded americans do. I was born and raised in the U.S. of A. and i would fight for it till the death in order to provide a safe place for all who love her. Thank you for listening to me and i hope i didnt offend anyone by this.

Welcome Pennywise!

You have to private message me some info about that sign. That is great. Simple and to the point. "click alipac.us"

We have several law enforcement folks here on the forums and others that support alipac outside of the Internet.

You should be able to start your own topics and such in most of the forum topic areas.

Please private message me or send me an email at WilliamG@alipac.us if you need any assistance learning the ropes around our forums.

Again... welcome..glad you found us.

William
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Welcome Penywize!! Judging from what you said I think you are going to love Alipac, because everyone here is in agreement with you and many have experienced the same problems which you have just described.

Some members are having trouble getting on tonight through AOL, so everyone is not here, but there are so many members that it never gets boring.

I love Alipac because not only does it keep me up to date on what is happening in our country, but also it gives everyone a chance to express what they think and feel about what is going on. Sometimes people say really funny things too, and it's always nice to have a moment to lighten up about things that can be rather disturbing and stress provoking.

The people here are great. All races, nationalities....with the common thread of really loving America, and being very concerned about our present direction, losing the culture, the language and just the overall Americanism which we've become pretty famous for!! Needless to say we also discuss the really serious side of everything too. Another good thing is that you will be alerted when and how to send free faxes and e-mails online to our elected officials at times when it is critical due to impending votes in the house and senate. So it's really useful as well!

Relax and enjoy it and we're so glad to have you here!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

A welcome to Penywize from another North Carolinian who is fed up.

That was great about the sign you saw!! Wonder who put it up?

You will really enjoy our group and we do try to be VERY proactive. We do see ourselves making a difference and William Gheen is absolutely WONDERFUL. He really works like crazy with members of the NC Legislature lobbying for change in our immigration policy.

Again--WELCOME.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Quote Originally Posted by penywize
    well since i cannot post a new topic then i will to find one that is as closest to the topic i would like to post. I will first tell you a bit about myself, I work for local law enforcement and i have chosen this profession for many reasons, of course the obvious...arresting people who sell drugs to our children, thiefs, drug addicts,etc.etc. Either way you get the point. I didnt know of this website until today when i was driving down a main hwy. that leads right through the middle of our very small town. On that sign it said "click alipac.us", well first of all this particular sign which if not carefully looked at would look like any other normal advertising sign, but upon closer inspection it usually reads other phrases such as, "welcome to North Carolina, mexicos newest colony". That one had to have been the phrase that stuck out among all the ones that has been posted there, and believe me there have been many. Well i do not agree with with the fact that illegal immigrants can come over and not have to pay the dues as do the people who were born in america have to, i pay taxes on everything i own, why should anyone be exempt from that. I am sick of people who live better than i do and they live off welfare. I cannot afford to have insurance for my family because it costs $600 a month and my net income is $1400.00 a month. I received a paticular call from my father about a month ago and all he could say was that he was losing construction jobs to mexicans that come over here and do the job for dirt cheap, and of course they were illegal immigrants. Needless to say he used other words and phrases i choose not to put here. Now i was born in the capital of Texas, moved here to N.C.. I will always be a Texan at heart though i love N.C. and the people in it. I have gotten some ill remarks but i think that is anywhere you go. I have also lost jobs to illegal immigrants and there is nothing i can do to change that. I have many more issues i would love to talk/complain about but that is for another day. Now to let anyone who reads this know that i am hispanic and i feel the same as alot of other red blooded americans do. I was born and raised in the U.S. of A. and i would fight for it till the death in order to provide a safe place for all who love her. Thank you for listening to me and i hope i didnt offend anyone by this.
    Welcome aboard Penywize and welcome to our state. I'm sure you will find this site an interesting and informative one.

You are sure not to be bored as there are varying degrees and viewpoints concerning legal and illegal immigration not to mention some occassional BS artists. Sometimes we even step on each others toes getting our opinions across but at least we can convey in a 'speakeasy' forum without the approval of the ACLU. I'm all for civil liberties but they apparently only think it should apply to certain groups excluding you and I. Sorry I am getting off on a tangent.

You should be able to post new topics and hopefully you will post often. I don't think you have offended anyone at least me anyway. If you believe legal and illegal immigration issues need to be addressed, yes, you have come to the right place. Welcome once again. I look forward to hear your views especially from someone with law enforcement.
    I wonder how many illegals got their NC driver licenses renewed last week? President Bush needs to protect the borders not illegals. President Bush is a coward and guilty of treason when it comes to securing the borders.

WOW!!! thank you so much for that warm welcome, i did not expect a reply that quickly or that accepting. ALIPAC i will email some more info about that sign, and i will see if i can do some type of meet and greet with the owner. You never know maybe i can get some photos of the sign so everyone can see. Once again thanks so much from everyone that posted a reply, i will try my best to submit my input to many more of the topics.

penywize,
    Welcome to ALIPAC. You will most certainly enjoy this site. We all do some complaining once and a while.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

WELCOME TO ALIPAC pennywize!!

I loved your post so much because you have personal experience with the job loss issue in your family and because you are in law enforcement and know first-hand the problems we are fighting to stop in North Carolina and our beautiful USA!!

William, our Leader, will show you how to post and everything you need to know to be an active ALIPAC member.

There is alot you need to learn that we have learned from much research and work trying to figure out the Truth about Illegal Immigration, why or Government has completely abandoned the rule of law and by doing so has placed us at risk and hurt everyone economically.

A few weeks ago, Harvard University Economics Department completed a study and reported its findings on Lou Dobbs. Excess immigration both legal and illegal has cost American Workers over $200 Billion annually in deflated wages and salaries.

This year immigrants in the United States both legal and illegal will send $20 Billion out of the US Economy back to Mexico. I'm sure others from other countries send even more to other countries. We just happened to find this statistic through our research on Mexico.

In the state of California, we learned from a report released by their Attorney General's Office that 10,000 people have been killed in that one state by illegal aliens. Think what that number is nationwide. It is greater than all the fatalities of 9/11; the Gulf War; the War in Afghanistan; and the War in Iraq COMBINED.

North Carolina is at a serious cross roads. This flow of illegals must be stopped immediately or the cost of correcting the problem will take decades to pay for.

Some progress was made by ALIPAC and William's outstanding lobbying efforts with the North Carolina General Assembly. More needs to be done to turn the tide and get our state and nation back on track.

My county has 9% unemployment, the second highest unemployment rate in the state of North Carolina, yet we are flooded every day with illegal aliens. They have overtaken all the jobs in construction....which is where I saw the problem to begin with. They are taking over many of our manufacturing jobs, the few we have left. They are also talking over some retail positions and of course all the farm jobs.

There is so much more....but these are a few highlights to bring you up to speed on some of the things we've learned in a very short time through the efforts of many.

I am so delighted with the sign that brought you to our site!! I hope it was an ALIPAC member who posed it. This is a great idea and one we may want to incorporate into some of our efforts.

We all from time to time get frustrated; depressed; annoyed; outraged; and vent. I use the site to wage a War of Words on those responsible for this betrayal of our trust as American Citizens.

We welcome you to ALIPAC and hope it brings you the means to vent, to share information, to find comfort, to feel hope and to work with all of us in the FIGHT FOR RIGHT to end illegal immigration and restore the rule of law to our society.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I hope you can get a picture of that sign, Penywize. That would be great.

Also--check out two posts I just put on the topic, "Bush, Congress....". Both of them were about illegals entering our country and will give even more insight into our "cause".
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast