Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Take a good look at the preachers of tolerance and diversity.
    "We have decided man doesn't need a backbone any more; to have one is old-fashioned. Someday we're going to slip it back on." - William Faulkner

Here is the report from the CH University paper. Cant wait to hear and see the report from William...

Police: Pepper spray and Taser used in protest, not directed at anyone
    Former congressman Tom Tancredo's speech disrupted

Andrew Dunn, University Editor

Published: Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Updated: Tuesday, April 14, 2009
    crowd

Police stop protesters at the door.

DTH/Christian Yoder

Last updated 8:50 p.m., Originally published 7:30 p.m., TUESDAY, April 14 — Police officers used pepper spray and a Taser to disperse a crowd of protestors who disbanded former congressman Tom Tancredo's speech in Bingham Hall.

Eight or nine police officers were monitoring a group of protestors who marched from the Pit to the speech, Department of Public Safety spokesman Randy Young said. After the room was at capacity, police blocked access to the door.

A group of protestors tried to force their way through the officers into the room, Young said. When they made physical contact with officers, the officers used pepper spray to try to disperse the crowd. Officers then discharged a Taser, creating an arc of sparks not directed at anyone, Young said.

Meanwhile, in the room, protestors disrupted the speech by attempting to keep Tancredo from speaking by putting a banner in his face. A window was later broken.

Tancredo's group decided to cancel the speech.

No arrests have been made, Young said, and he was not aware of anyone being taken to the hospital.

An investigation will be conducted into possible criminal activity by the protestors and the force used by officers will be reviewed.
    Comments
    4 comments
    Katie L
    Tue Apr 14 2009 20:59
    dear god! That's a tad extreme...people have a right to speak their minds no matter what opinion it is, and people have the right to protest, but that's just shameful how the protestors did it...I thought it was merely a dance or something? I was going to go and see what was going down, but now I'm glad I didn't go...
    John Adams
    Tue Apr 14 2009 20:38
    I think letting the guy speak would have been more detrimental to YWC's cause than any protest. It is so unnecessary that the protest took a violent, obnoxious turn.
    Jones Radclif
    Tue Apr 14 2009 20:29
    it seems the be the usual extremist crowd who promote free speech UNLESS it's a viewpoint they dislike.
    Nathan Proctor
    Tue Apr 14 2009 19:57
    I participated in the protest in the beginning but think it got quite out of hand. I disagree with Tancredo but think the protest methods were completely out of line. Entering the building and actually trying to stop Tancredo was out of line. Protesting to make a counter-point is fine but stopping someone from speaking is another matter. No matter what the person has to say they have a right to speak. I offer my apologies to Student's For Western Civilization. I do not know how the window was broken but I find it very disturbing. Why can't protester be a bit more respectful? Protesting is fine, but let the guy speak.

http://www.dailytarheel.com/news/univer ... -1.1714180
    287(g) + e-verify + SSN no match = Attrition through enforcement

I'm back at my control center folks, videos are uploading now, report will be issued shortly.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April
    Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    I'm back at my control center folks, videos are uploading now, report will be issued shortly.

W
    Great, glad you are okay!

Quote Originally Posted by April
    No injuries we are aware of, however police did have to deploy tazers and mace in order to protect Congressman Tancredo.
    God Bless him they are always trying to get him.....and this is an attempt to scare him into being quiet. This is what awaits us if we do not get our country back. Lets see what MSM does with this.
    Yes, it will be interesting to see what, if anything, the media does with this story.

It's a crying shame that good, decent individuals like former congressman Tancredo are treated so horribly when they publicly speak out against certain issues.

You know, my mama would have knocked me into next week for showing such disrespect. Part of what's wrong with illegals and their staunch supporters is a total lack of manners and home training.

Senior Member ShockedinCalifornia's Avatar
    Apparently some college students still act like packs of wild animals. Latino activists and like mobsters are dangerous radicals. They are not sweet kids.

Glad you are OK William. I feel bad for Tancredo and Students for Western Civilization who deserve to have public forums anywhere in this country.

I was reading the comments to the article and it seems the protestors shot themselves in the foot by THEIR violent actions while claiming they would not tolerate Hate Speech. DUH ??

Most posters are shocked by the way Tancredo was treated even those who do not agree with him.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

Protesters Stop Speech
    Police use pepper spray, undirected Tasers at protest of Tancredo talk

Laura Hoxworth, Staff Writer

Print this article
    Share this article

Published: Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Updated: Wednesday, April 15, 2009
    protest415

DTH/Ariana van den Akker

Student protestors enter Bingham Hall on Tuesday evening to protest an anti-immigration speech given by former U.S. Rep. Tom Tancredo, who was brought to campus by Youth for Western Civilization. Protestors included members of Students for a Democratic Society and Feminist Students United.
    2protest415

DTH/Ben Pierce

3protest415

DTH/Ariana van den Akker

Protestors were cleared from Bingham Hall when police used pepper spray and the threat of Tasers after students interrupted Tancredo’s lecture. Police, who followed the students along their protest march from the Pit, refused to allow more protestors to enter Bingham after the lecture hall was full.

Police used pepper spray to disperse crowds of protestors in Bingham Hall on Tuesday outside the room where former congressman Tom Tancredo was scheduled to speak on immigration but was forced to leave.

Campus police also discharged a Taser, sending sparks in an arc they said was meant to disperse the crowd, not to subdue an individual protestor.

Tancredo, a former Republican U.S. Representative from Colorado, a former presidential candidate and an outspoken critic of immigration, was brought to UNC by the new student organization Youth for Western Civilization.

About 150 people gathered in Bingham Hall auditorium, and many more protestors gathered in the hallway after police declared the room full and blocked the doorway.

“I’m here because I represent UNC-Chapel Hill and I don’t support racism or fascism in the institution in which I am an educator,â€
    287(g) + e-verify + SSN no match = Attrition through enforcement

WHY SHOULD I HAVE TO PRESS "1" FOR ENGLISH ?
    No arrests were made, WHY???? If you call some one a white supremacist and break windows and charge the room to put fear in them that is a hate crime ...........I want Justice ,
    BUILD A WALL DEPORT THEM ALL

Tancredo was at Winthrop College in Rock Hill Monday night for a townhall meeting. No protest by the open border loonies, just a lot of teed off Americans. Congressman John Spratt D-SC, spent his time doodling on a piece of paper and explaining to us the difference between amnesty and comprehensive immigration reform since we are to stupid to figure it out. Sheriff Terry Johnston of Alamance county was there also.

I told Tancredo that he should run for governor of Colorado next year. He said no but he is considering a run for the senate seat that will be open then

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast