Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

IL: "The Most Corrupt State in The Country outside of Mexico"

Illegal Aliens issue dividing Liberals!

I was visiting some liberal forums and it seems to be dividing the rank and file Democrats.

It's ironic, but, could this issue be the final nail in the coffin for the Democrats?

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/
    "IMPEACH JORGE BUSH NOW!!"

However there is also this story where the United Farm Workers just made a deal with a major foreign-labor contractor for farmers in Washington State. In this case the contractor was importing farm workers from Thailand and has "orders" for 3,000 more temporary farm workers this summer.

Maybe that's what these immigrant protests are really about - temporary-labor contractors have been replacing Hispanic temporary worker jobs with workers from south Asia, who work even cheaper!

La Raza isn't going to like that.

Source:
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060411/ap_ ... rm_labor_3

don't the illegals realize that once they are granted citizenship (god help us) they won't have a job any longer? they'll be replaced by other illegals...though we all know most of the illegals have no respect for America or want to be American citizens...just access to all of our "goodies"....what a situation....

I'm talking about DemocRATS who will be voting this coming elections. Most of them may not vote for their favorite candidates out of habit this time. Looks like the "Illegals" will be the key issue.

Democratic Underground members are extreme liberals. They do not represent the average Democrat in the slightest. The fact that even they are divided on the issue speaks volumes about the general attitude of Americans. To get a clearer picture, visit C-SPAN and listen to the recent archives of Washington Journal. Callers are (often) identified as Democrat and Republican, and the opposition to illegal immigration is virtually unanimous across the board. Rather than hoping to further divide this country, we should unite under this issue. The impetus is there. A wise politician could win election on this issue alone.

ive always voted democratic, but i totally disagree with them on this issue.

i hate to break it to republicans, but they are not exactly the party that fights illegal immigration either.

we need a 3rd party alternative, as neither party seems willing to do what is right on this issue. both are falling victim to pandering for votes.

Quote Originally Posted by forks
    ive always voted democratic, but i totally disagree with them on this issue.

i hate to break it to republicans, but they are not exactly the party that fights illegal immigration either.

we need a 3rd party alternative, as neither party seems willing to do what is right on this issue. both are falling victim to pandering for votes.

I don't think so.

Unfortunately, third party is bad news for Republicans. Most Republicans are against Illegals, The main problems is in the Senate. We just have to get rid of the most of the DemocRATS and the few Liberal Republican Senators. They are the main problem. We just need to elect "ultra-conservatives".

The idea is to tweak; not abandon the "Program."

Quote Originally Posted by Federali
    I don't think so.

Unfortunately, third party is bad news for Republicans. Most Republicans are against Illegals, The main problems is in the Senate. We just have to get rid of the most of the DemocRATS and the few Liberal Republican Senators. They are the main problem. We just need to elect "ultra-conservatives".

I hate to burst your bubble, but George Bush is a Republican. This is about MONEY. Votes are secondary. The average Democrat is as opposed to illegal immigration as the average Republican. It is the extreme liberals and the corporate Republicans who support illegals. Your attempt at politicizing the issue is unfounded.

Quote Originally Posted by nvxplorer
    I don't think so.

I hate to burst your bubble, but George Bush is a Republican. This is about MONEY. Votes are secondary. The average Democrat is as opposed to illegal immigration as the average Republican. It is the extreme liberals and the corporate Republicans who support illegals. Your attempt at politicizing the issue is unfounded.

You try to make it sound as if Republicans are as much to blame.
    "extreme liberals" are about ALL the Democratic congressmen. Most Republican congresssmen are against Illegals. Corperate Republicans do not represent ALL the Republicans. They are some.

I predict Democrats will lose on this issue.

Also, I'm not a big fan of George Bush.

You try to make it sound as if Republicans are as much to blame.
    "extreme liberals" are about ALL the Democratic congressmen. Most Republican congresssmen are against Illegals. Corperate Republicans do not represent ALL the Republicans. They are some.

I predict Democrats will lose on this issue.

Also, I'm not a big fan of George Bush.
    Please remove your partisan blinders. I’m telling you that the average Democrat and Republican are united on this issue. I’m not talking about lawmakers. Extreme liberals are those who visit Democratic Underground. The average Democrat would be considered conservative by these people. Just as extreme conservatives call McCain a liberal.

You hate Democrats. Got it! How that is relevant to the illegal immigration issue is beyond me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast