Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Illegal Aliens with licenses lowers car insurance - HA!

Lowering car insurance – Ha!
    By Joanna P. DelBuono 10/18/2007

Is Governor Spitzer out of his mind? How naive does he think we are? Giving undocumented (politicalese for illegal) aliens a driver’s license will cut down on accidents and lower insurance rates, AND improve our safety. Right.

I’ve been paying auto insurance since 1973 and collision and fire and theft have always been the highest part of my yearly premium. The only undocumented aliens then were ALF and Mork from Ork, along with an occasional transient farmer or two, and I still paid an arm and a leg. If you were driving without a license, chances are you were a kid taking out your dad’s car for a jaunt through the hood, and as legal as the next guy. So what’s he selling?

Spitzer claims giving illegal aliens a license will allow the state to keep a better watch on them. Hello out there, they are illegal. What doesn’t he get? I want to know how they got in the country in the first place and if we can find them to give them a driver’s license, why can’t we send them back?

He also argues that the license will allow the state to follow their every move, thereby improving our safety. Pshaw. Every year, thousands of students come to the U.S. with a student visa. After a few months in school they disappear, travel under the radar, so to speak, and slip into the country where no one is able to keep track of them. If the state finds it hard to keep track of those with a student visa, what makes Spitzer think a driver’s license is the magic bullet?

The other issue is this: if a license helps to keep track of drivers, how come the state can’t seem to collect all those outstanding traffic violations and fines from out-of-state drivers?

What are the odds that this will work? Hmmm, let me think. A trillion to one? I have a better chance of being hit by a meteor, or a licensed driver for that matter. The state can’t even keep track or collect the fines that are given to legally licensed drivers, let alone track illegal aliens from one state to another. Think again, governor. You’ve driven into a ditch on this little detour.

If history is any indicator, when a politician comes up with a spifendorf, and this one’s a beaut, it’s because he/she is trying to steer us away from an even bigger gaffe, one which usually involves him/her in a very unfavorable way – so what’s the governor hiding? Has he attached himself to a cause or issue that will blow up in his face at any moment or has he just lost his mind? I don’t think he has been in office quite long enough to plead insanity, so what really is at the root of this dementia? Damned if I know.

According to journalist Michael Gormley in an article written October 8 for the Associated Press, “State Conservative Party Chairman Michael Long said Spitzer may be playing to more liberal parts of the Democratic party as his poll numbers drop following a scandal that’s grounded Albany since July.â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Giving undocumented (politicalese for illegal) aliens a driver’s license will cut down on accidents and lower insurance rates, AND improve our safety. Right.
    All it takes is one terrorist manipulating the system to nullify all the potential (*assumed*) gains of the touted outcome... Ah, the the non-believers say - "you're fear mongering" or, "that won't happen..."

Oh yeah? http://hotair.com/archives/2006/05/17/connect-the-dots/
    (Broadband recommended)
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)