Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Illegal Immigrant Births - At Your Expense

This is from 2008, so no telling how many more babies are birthed by illegal aliens every year that we pay for. I bet there were a lot more than the 300,000 born in 2008 as well.....if the truth were known.

We can thank our elected officials for this. It is a terrible thing to say, but TPTB will not stop the invasion, because there is too much in it for them.

We will die by a thousand paper cuts. It is set in stone. It is way too late. There will be 'a path to citizenship.' We will be smothered.

If TPTB were really serious, they would go where they know illegals are coming out of people's ears and deport them, and they would stop the Anchor Baby farce, but they won't. They will just continue to make us think we are really making headway......That is my opinion anyway.

Illegal Immigrant Births - At Your Expense

Taxpayers Foot Bill For Roughly 300,000 Children Born
    Into Citizenship When Their Parents Are Illegal

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/04/ ... 0401.shtml
    McALLEN, Texas, April 7, 2008

Video

Paying For Immigrant Births

Pregnant women from Mexico are crossing the border to have their babies in the U.S.
    Byron Pitts reports on the debate over who should foot the bill for the children of illegal immigrants.

Wishing to be identified only as Fabiola, this new mother crossed from Mexico into the United States just to give birth to her son -- and to make sure he (will) be an American citizen. (CBS)
    (CBS) It was 5 a.m. and CBS News national correspondent Byron Pitts is with a woman who is nine months pregnant. She's rushed to a south Texas hospital to undergo a C-section - a $4,700 medical procedure that won't cost her a dime. She qualifies for emergency Medicaid.

She gave birth to a healthy, 8 1/2 pound baby boy - born in America. His Mexican mother gave him an American name: Eliot.

Eliot is one of an estimated 300,000 children of illegal immigrants born in the United States every year, according to the Pew Hispanic Center. They're given instant citizenship because they are born on U.S. soil, which makes it easier for their parents to become U.S. citizens.

That's because those babies can eventually sponsor their parents - when they turn 21 years old.

As for Eliot's mother, no longer as fearful of deportation, she told CBS News her name, Fabiola, and her story.

"So your son is an American citizen. What does that mean to you?" Pitts asked.

"I am very glad that he was born. That's why I came here - so my children, my husband and I could have a better life," she said through a translator.

Back in December, when she was six months pregnant, Fabiola, her husband and their two daughters - ages 4 and 11 - crossed the Rio Grande from Mexico into the U.S.

Once on the other side of the river they walked for two hours in search of a better life and free medical care for their unborn child.

"Do many women in Mexico make the choice to have their children in the United States?" Pitts asked.

"Yes," she said through a translator. "I know people who have done that. Things are much better here in the U.S. because they help children so much more."

It's a "better" life ... that American taxpayers help pay for.

Take healthcare for example -- an estimated $1.1 billion per year for undocumented men, women and children, according to the Rand Corporation.

Joe Riley is the CEO of the McAllen Texas Medical Center near the Texas-Mexico border. Forty percent of the children born there, nearly 2,400 last year, were the babies of illegal immigrants.

Riley has seen and heard it all.

"Mothers about to give birth that walk up to the hospital still wet from swimming across the river in actual labor … dirty, wet, cold," he said.

But here to have a child?

"Here to have a child in the U.S.," he said.

McAllen is part of a large hospital system. Like all hospitals, it is mandated by law to treat all emergency-room patients, not verify citizenship.

"We have uncompensated care of over $200 million a year," Riley said.

"Of money that you'll never see again?" Pitts asked.

"Yes," he said.

Rep. Lamar Smith, R-Texas, said: "It is not fair to the taxpayers who have to foot the bill."

Congress has all but given up on comprehensive immigration reform. But lawmakers like Smith want to solve birth citizenship to illegal immigrants, in part by challenging the 14th Amendment, which guarantees U.S. citizenship to any child born in America.

"It seems fundamentally wrong that we ought to give the greatest honor of their citizenship," Smith said. "His or her mother came across the border illegally."

Many Americans who struggle to take care of their own families think it is unfair that they should take care of a family and they are not U.S. citizens.

"I don't understand the resentment," said. "I know that God will help them, too."

That's what Fabiola's doing for young Eliot. Relying on her faith, her family … and the U.S. government.
    Ron Paul in 2011 "[...]no amnesty should be granted. Maybe a 'green card' with an asterisk should be issued[...]a much better option than deportation."

I used to do Medicaid audits, until I lost my job due to budget cuts in our State.

It is far from just the cost of birth - the newborn "citizens" get Medicaid cards that provide them with a lifetime of free care - their parents do not have incomes that can be verified and most have several names. One name to work and another to collect benefits. When I went to pediatricians' offices and dentists' offices, the Medicaid covered children arrived in big new cars and trucks.

And, I not only lost my job but my healthcare. I am not eligible for Medicaid though, and we do not have big new cars or trucks.

Remember that comic - what a country.

"I DON'T KNOW WHY THEY ARE RESENTFUL" SHE KNOWS WHY, AND THERE IS NO NEED FOR HER TO PLAY DUMBER THAN WHAT SHE IS. THIS WITCH (B) COMES HERE TO DROP A KID ON U.S. SOIL AND THEN SHE WANTS TO PLAY DUMB. I SAW THAT COW ON THE CBS NEWS WHEN THEY FIRST RAN THAT VIDEO. I'M SICK OF THEM HOLLERING OUT THE WORDS A BETTER LIFE AT THE EXPENSE OF THE AMERICAN PEOPLE. THEY CAN DEMAND A BETTER LIFE IN MEXICO JUST LIKE THEY DO HERE IN A COUNTRY THAT OWES THEM NOTHING. BUT THEY WON'T BECAUSE THEY ARE COWARDS IN THEIR OWN COUNTRY. WHIY IS OUR GOVERNMENT SO DUMB ILLEGALS HAVE JUST TAKEN THE 14th AMENDMENT AND MADE IT THEIR OWN. I HOPE THE REPUBLICANS WILL PUT A STOP TO THIS BIRTH RIGHT CITIZENSHIP ONCE AND FOR ALL. IT CLEARLY STATES THAT ITS NOT FOR CHILDREN BORN TO ILLEGAL ALIENS, AND YET THE GOVERNMENT KEEP RIGHT ON GIVING IT TO THEM. HOW DUMB

Quote Originally Posted by GaPatriot
    I used to do Medicaid audits, until I lost my job due to budget cuts in our State.

It is far from just the cost of birth - the newborn "citizens" get Medicaid cards that provide them with a lifetime of free care - their parents do not have incomes that can be verified and most have several names. One name to work and another to collect benefits. When I went to pediatricians' offices and dentists' offices, the Medicaid covered children arrived in big new cars and trucks.

And, I not only lost my job but my healthcare. I am not eligible for Medicaid though, and we do not have big new cars or trucks.

Remember that comic - what a country.
    FREE THIS AND THAT IS ANOTHER REASON THEY COME HERE ALSO. THIS HAS GOT TO STOP THEY ARE PART OF THE REASON FOR THIS COUNTRY BEING IN THE MESS THAT IT IS IN. IN MEXICO THEY CALL THEM JACKPOT BABIES. COME TO AMERICA AND HAVE A BABY AND YOU'VE HIT THE JACKPOT. WHAT A DUMB COUNTRY IS MORE LIKE IT THESE WOMEN KNOW EXACTLY WHAT THEY ARE DOING AND ITS TIME FOR OUR GOVERNMET TO PUT AN END TO IT. I'VE KNOWN OF CASES WHERE AMERICAN CITIZENS HAVE DIED BECAUSE THEY HAD HEART CONDITIONS AND DIDN'T HAVE INS. AND DID NOT QUALIFY FOR MEDICAID AND THE DOCTOR'S WOULDN'T TOUCH THEM. BUT, ILLEGALS CAN SWIM FROM MEXICO JUST TO HAVE JACKPOT BABY AND BAM, THEY ARE TAKEN CARE OF FREE AND THEY ALSO ARE GIVEN MEDICAID.

THIS COW ALREADY HAD TWO KIDS, WHAT DID SHE NEED WITH A THIRD CHILD IF SHE AND HER HUSBAND COULDN'T TAKE CARE OF THE FIRST TWO. DO THEY NOT KNOW ABOUT BIRTH CONTROL AND THE MEXICAN GOVERNMENT HAS NO SHAME AT ALL. EVEN THOUGH THEY SHOULD, THEY HAVE NO SHAME. THEY SEND THEIR POOR TO THE UNITED STATES SO THAT THE TAXPAYERS CAN TAKE CARE OF THEM. AND, OUR GOVERNMENT HAS NO SHAME BECAUSE IF THEY DID, THEY WOULD NOT BE HANDING OUT BENEFITS THAT ARE MEANT FOR THEIR OWN CITIZENS TO THOSE OF OTHER COUNTRIES AND I MEAN MAINLY MEXICO.

I work in Medicaid and when a senior comes in (if they are under age 65) there is nothing we can do for them as far as medicaid - but when an illegal comes in they get EVERYTHING.

don't people wonder why states, counties, etc are going broke? they have sucked us dry.

i honestly believe AMericans see these illegals but don't realize how much social services they are receiving - maybe they are waking up now.

it is up to us inform the public of the illegals dirty little secrets

No that not the way it work girl you get pregnant in mexico & then come over the The USA & say my baby a citizen No it don't work that way .. the 9/11 Guy are fighting for pay & everthin g & they can not get any help & you think for one min that you are going to get help & think your Baby is going to be A USA Citizen think again . that why American Is a mess & we are going to clean Out .so all go the hell Home we don't have job. Obama is ON his way out .I see Nancy Is Moveing Out Of her office as for Reid . well he .out also thank god
    &IM with this one guy said ON the web sit about the green card they should Not have that . at all
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

$113 to $200 BILLION.... THATS THE ESTIMATE. $1100 PER HEAD OF HOUSEHOLD EACH YEAR THEY COST US, THIS HAS TO STOP "PRONTO" IF YOU WILL.

Quote Originally Posted by greenkat
    I work in Medicaid and when a senior comes in (if they are under age 65) there is nothing we can do for them as far as medicaid - but when an illegal comes in they get EVERYTHING.

don't people wonder why states, counties, etc are going broke? they have sucked us dry.

i honestly believe AMericans see these illegals but don't realize how much social services they are receiving - maybe they are waking up now.

This makes me sick to my stomach! This government rolls out the red carpet for these freeloaders, to the obvious detriment of America and our citizens! Meanwhile, those anchor babies become a faux American citizen because of the raping of our 14th Amendment, entitled to a smorgasbord of benefits at our expense! What a great deal for an illiterate peasant from mexico!

Damn this is disgusting!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by NoBueno
    Quote Originally Posted by greenkat

This makes me sick to my stomach! This government rolls out the red carpet for these freeloaders, to the obvious detriment of America and our citizens! Meanwhile, those anchor babies become a faux American citizen because of the raping of our 14th Amendment, entitled to a smorgasbord of benefits at our expense! What a great deal for an illite

well we have to work On this next we are sick of this No more Hand out sure the girl Has her baby & tax time come around 1.000 dollar for each kid . well that going to stop congress wake up this is our Money do your job or out you go

No Amnesty No Amnesty

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast