Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Illegal Immigrant Education Costs States Millions

Study: Illegal immigrant education costs states millions

Missouri spends about $21.4 million a year and Illinois spends $484 million a year to educate school-aged illegal immigrants, according to a study by the Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR).

Nationally, taxpayers pay $7.4 billion a year to educate 1.1 million school-aged illegal immigrants, FAIR said. Costs were figured using government estimates of the illegal alien population and each state's per-pupil expenditure. Costs do not include supplemental services such as English as a Second Language, bilingual education or limited English proficiency programs.

Illinois ranked No. 5 among all U.S. states for the amount spent on illegal immigrant education, FAIR said. The money spent in Illinois is enough to supply healthcare to every person under the poverty line for two years or to supply financial aid to the nearly 34,000 college students denied it, and 400,000 additional applicants, FAIR said.

California spends nearly $2.2 billion a year and Texas spends more than $1 billion educating the children, according to the study.

All contents of this site © American City Business Journals Inc. All rights reserved.

http://triangle.bizjournals.com/stlouis ... ily43.html

I just sent this to all MSM and told them this is being forced on the American people, and why is no one talking about how the over crowding schools by illegal alien children is affecting the quality of education American children are receiving.

I am hoping at least Dobbs addresses this issue since this subject is always a great concern to him!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

This is a simple and easy to understand example of the economics and impact upon public finances and local taxes.

Do some very rudimentary math as an example:

Find the average cost to educate a student in a public school (k-12); for example here, I'll use $8,000 - something very close to what the actual cost is here in my state.

Then, multiply that by the number of children of IAs attending public k-12 schools. In reality, most state governments don't have a very precise estimate on what exactly that number is. But, the school districts themselves generally DO have a better actual handle on the estimated numbers (in fact, in many different ways, it is a required estimate that is often reported to the US Dept. of Eduction <- this taken from a family member that had logged significant time in the public school system).

*IF* the average numbers of children born in IA households is 2, then the cost to educate those children annually is about $16,000 - once at school age (which is the case more than not). And that money has to come from <somewhere>....

So, at this point, ask yourself a couple questions:

1). Is it likely, or even possible, that the IA family's working adult(s) earn enough to pay enough taxes to cover the costs of that education? It is doubtful. One could ask the legit question of whether the family is purchasing a home and thereby paying into the local property taxbase to cover the bill. Again, even *if* the family were to purchase their own home, the contribution toward the education bill would be negligible in almost every case.

2). Further, the dropout rate for this demographic or cohort of students is one of, if not THE highest in the nation. In some areas, it approaches 50% !!! Why do I bring this up? well.... because money spent educating students that later "choose" to bail out of the education process is money unwisely spent - it is simply wasted (minus the purely child supervision efforts, I suppose). It is a double-whammy imposed on the largely local taxpayers.

This demographic is literally bankrupting many local schools districts and the financial imbalance cannot be allowed to persist much longer without some major shifts in policy or significant side effects.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Oxymoron

The ILLEGALS in the Texas School System are so illiterate that “ourâ€

lccat - Yes, that's considered conventional wisdom in the elementary-level education with respect to non-primary English speaking students. The wisdom is to get the kids fluent in their native language to [supposedly] allow them to absorb a faster learning rate with the English. I have that from first-hand from someone in a bi-lingual 'magnet' / community school in my area.
    I remained unmoved in my belief that such thing is just a colossal waste of time and resources.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It's not our responisblity to educate illegals and their children, I don't care. That's why our education system is in the tank. Over crowded schools, dumbed down education. Follow the dots, when did our education system start declining? When congress opened our borders to mexico and central america and made it where it was against the law to not educate everyone in the USA. It's our money being wasted and it needs to stop now or if they want their kids to go to our schools then they need to pay $8,000 a year per student.

"Phred" OBL will say they pay the property tax, as it is added into their rent.....I heard them do this on the Dobbs special in Hazelton. But they did not take in to account that that was probably split between 5 different families living in one house with who know how many children.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

We need a lot of people in jail for these criminal acts.
    This is just WRONG!
    Unless we get those criminals & make them pay for what they have done to our country and the lawlessness they have sponsored, we are just another Mexico ourselves!

The article/figures are from 2003-------those figures would be at "least" double by now!!

Why not try to reverse Plyler v. Doe?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast