Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Illegal immigrant says birth country isn't home/SOB

Illegal immigrant says birth country isn't home

Updated: Thursday, 03 Feb 2011, 8:32 PM EST
    Published : Thursday, 03 Feb 2011, 4:17 PM EST

LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) - A bill that would crack down on illegal immigration in Indiana has a real chance of passing this legislative session. According to the Pew Research Center, the number of illegal immigrants in the state has jumped 10 percent in just three years.

NewsChannel 18's Alexandra Deiro took a look at what would happen to local immigrants if this bill becomes law in the second part of her series, "Indiana Illegals."

One undocumented immigrant we interviewed was brought to Indiana in the 1990s, when he was younger than ten years old. He said a bill making its way through the Indiana legislature would force him back to a country he doesn't consider home.

"I understand this isn't my birth country, but it's become my country, because I adore it more than anything. And so to think about going back is a scary situation. I really have no experience in the culture," he said.

Republican State Senator Phil Boots is a co-author of the bill, which would allow police to ask for proof of citizenship under "probable cause," and revoke the licenses of businesses that hire unauthorized immigrants. He said Indiana residents are driving the issue.

"We're getting a lot of responses from our constituents, so I think a lot of people are fully aware of this issue, especially in today's economic environment because people are out of work. And they may well be out of work, in some cases, because of illegal people taking those jobs, people who are not authorized to be here," said Boots.

Lafayette resident Hector Vargas just received his residency card four years after beginning the process, and almost sixteen years after he left his home in Mexico.

"To those people who say, 'Why don't you get in line? Why don't you get your papers?' Well, because we can't. They don't give us the opportunity to become a part of the United States. We can provide a lot of good things to this country," said Vargas.

Immigration attorney John Broyles admits the immigration system is broken, and said changes should be made. But he said the bill now under consideration is not the way.

"I am not saying that we shouldn't do anything. I am not saying that we shouldn't come up with ways that are going to solve this problem. But in doing so, we've got to think. And we got to analyze how these laws are going to be carried out on a day-to-day basis," said Broyles.

16 years after coming to the United States, Vargas is married with two children and one more on the way. He said a bill like this would hurt the children he came to make a future for.

"I always tell my little boy that he's going to grow up to be the next president of the United States, and he believes it," said Vargas.

You can view a PDF of the proposed bill at:

http://www.in.gov/legislative/bills/201 ... 590.1.html

http://www.wlfi.com/dpp/news/local/ille ... -isnt-home
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"To those people who say, 'Why don't you get in line? Why don't you get your papers?' Well, because we can't. They don't give us the opportunity to become a part of the United States. We can provide a lot of good things to this country," said Vargas.
    Yeah...we've seen the "good things" you can provide this country. There's a reason why you cannot "become part" of the United States, but you refuse to accept that and come anyway.

Go home!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Sounds like he thinks Obama is going to be a president for quite some time, or he failed in math class. "I always tell my little boy he's going to grow up to be the next president of the United State and he believes it"

God help us. I wonder if that's what Ann Dunham told her kid

16 years after coming to the United States, Vargas is married with two children and one more on the way. He said a bill like this would hurt the children he came to make a future for.

"I always tell my little boy that he's going to grow up to be the next president of the United States, and he believes it," said Vargas.
    This is a perfect example of why these people need to be deported families intact and automatic birthright citizenship for children of illegal aliens specifically prohibited by law.

What kind of moron raises a child who shouldn't even be in the country to begin with that he's going to grow up to be President of the United States when he's not even a natural born citizen??!!

Get them out. Get them all out of here and get them all out of here ... now.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I can see where the reasoning comes from. We have a president that isn't a natural born citizen of this country already, so why not another one?

Layin it on thick

With more sob story propaganda...These same people are also the ones calling us gringos and demanding that we all return to our home country/continent of ethnic origin, whether it be europe, africa, asia etc....lmao

Playing both sides of the push...Sob stories for pr and pity, then marching and demanding while insulting to try and bully to have their way...

Our minds are made up. We have seen enough and you can make propaganda all day and night til your blue in the face or until we have you deported. BUT, make no mistake, there will be no more amnesties...ever

I believe that the US taxpayers provided for and made a future for his children. Nice to be appreciated.

quote("To those people who say, 'Why don't you get in line? Why don't you get your papers?' Well, because we can't. They don't give us the opportunity to become a part of the United States. We can provide a lot of good things to this country," said Vargas. )quote

Sp you wish to take the opportunity away from honest people who are in line. Once you crossed the border illegally carried by a parent or walked you automatically lost the honest way to enter, in my mind.
    The question I always ask how many of the world's poor can America with stand, how many countries can we provide for,how much nation building can we do.? For those open border types I suggest a sign on your front door stating "come in please take anything you want I will provide for your needs" unless your willing to do that please stop insisting on open borders.
    I'm old with many opinions few solutions.

Yadda, yadda, yadda. We love this country sooo much all the while waving our Mexican flags.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Here's a few more thoughts on why "we can't":

1. We already have way more than enough people from your country here. People from other countries also want to come here, why should they be discriminated against?

2. You are incapable of obeying/respecting another countries laws!

3. Bling does not a better life make. Quit taking the easy way out by sneaking into the US for the goodies and work to make your own country better. But then that's alot of hard work and no goodies right?

4. GET OUT!!!!
    "

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast