Illegal Immigration And It's Excuses Just Don't Cut It Anymore
chicagonow.com/chicago-political-commentary
By Michael Ciric, today at 4:03 pm

I have always said that the term "Illegal Immigration" is an oxymoron. As a Naturalized Citizen, it has always frosted my butt whenever I hear excuses about why we need to accept the burden of supporting people who willfully violate our laws. Especially since the countries that they come from would never tolerate the same if it were happening in the reverse. If we were to apply the very basic concept of right versus wrong - this issue couldn't be any clearer - the excuses just don't cut it.

Unfortunately, just getting down to the basics alone just doesn't cut it either. Illegal Immigration (for the lack of a better word in our lexicon) is a complicated issue and I am not totally unsympathetic to their plight. I have often said that we needed a solution, but politicians being the weasels that they are - just hope they can ignore the issue. Then again, the most ardent supporters of Illegals ignore any call for a rational solution too. Look, I have said that the first step needed in controlling this situation is by embracing the creation of a National ID Card.

Yet, people get wrapped-up about "intrusions on their rights." That is such a bunch of bull and it reeks to the high heavens. People already must produce an ID on any given day - so where then is the intrusion? There isn't any, especially if you are already here legally. So? Is there a reverse thing going on here? Well, if you except the constant excuses as to why illegals shouldn't be required to substantiate their existence here - then yes!

If I have said it once I have said it a thousand times - illegals and their supporters are missing the bigger picture in all this and they are hurting themselves more than helping. Unscrupulous employers prey on illegals and take advantage of people living under the radar. Constant threats of deportation are used against people who are merely trying to get by and support their families. Even our politicians aren't immune from taking advantage of hiring illegals; i.e. Nancy Pelosi and her husband profited by employing them in their canning operation.

It has always been about exploitation and that is what bothers me the most. As I have said, I am not unsympathetic here. I see the people who bust their butts working in landscaping and other jobs. They have often come to my door for quick first aid because they got to know that I wouldn't report them. The way I figure it - at least they were working unlike so many of our "homegrown's sitting around and tapping welfare" while attending a Jerry Springer or Maury Povich taping.

This is the moral dilemma as I see it. But don't get me wrong either - illegally entering this country will always be wrong in my eyes but you can't really expect to deport millions of people either. Besides, since no one wants to take the responsibility at actually looking for a compromise solution, then who the hell am I to judge? It is our lawmakers who must take the bold step to ensure that those entering our country for employment are given a government issued ID. Whether you like it or not, that is probably the best first step to separate those who come here seeking employment or merely coming here to scam the system and/or engage in criminal enterprise.

The Chicago Sun-Times pointed out that illegals plan on protesting at a 6PM meeting at the IBEW Hall in Chicago on Wednesday Night. One part of the article caught me with particular anger. A "common-law wife" is worried about her man being deported after being stopped for the umpteenth time driving without a license. By the way her man refused to go to court on any of the previous charges. You know maybe that is part of the reason that every Auto Insurance Policy Holder pays a surcharge on their premiums - to protect themselves from people just like that!

Geez Marie - not only do these people disregard our laws but they don't even have a commitment to each other. It just wouldn't surprise me if this couple is getting some sort of government assistance for their brood of common law kids on the taxpayers dime. And don't tell me that they don't because if their kids go to a public school or see a doctor- then they get some sort of assistance! We already know that Illinois' All-Kids enrollment is 75% illegals and that the national tab for illegals is $113 Billion Annually!

So you see - it comes down to responsibility all the way around. No one wants to take the steps needed to protect everyone concerned. Taxpayers do have a right to demand its government not spend resources on illegals (in spite of what President Obama says), especially if they don't want to take any steps towards assimilating into the very society they want to live in. If you haven't noticed Illinois is broke and their decision to be a declared Sanctuary State hasn't helped matters - has it?

What a tragedy it is that only 26 of 102 Illinois counties participate in the "Secure Communities Program" which shares arrestees fingerprints and details with Immigration and Customs Enforcement. And there is no need for excuses that this program unfairly targets those committing petty crimes and misdemeanors because the statistics do not bear that out. Very few are deported for running a red light. Matter of fact, of the 31 people currently in Cook County's Immigration lockup, 29 are there for M-U-R-D-E-R.

By the way, Governor Quinn and our Democratic leadership are in clear violation of federal law here, so the lack of responsibility goes right up to the top. And why? Don't piss off the Hispanic vote (those that can anyway). But look around at the neighborhoods and you tell me how much these political slugs care when it come to the bigger issues of the community. Quite frankly they could care less and everyone knows it!

Here is the bottom line - if you want some equality then you must compromise and agree to submit to some sort of program designed to root out illegals legitimately wanting to work from those who don't. We must start somewhere and I think the first place we can start is by some sort of documentation that would protect both the illegal and the taxpayer.

If you can't accept that - then don't hand me any more excuses.

http://www.chicagonow.com/chicago-polit ... nt-cut-it/