Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Illegal immigration in North Carolina

Anybody knows what is afoot in NC as regards illegal immigration? We are going to have a wave of illegals come our way from SC, especially after the passing of those new anti-illegal immigration laws.

This is all the mre reason for you to volunteer with groups like ALIPAC.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

After Oklahoma enacted its Bill 1804 law against illegal immigration, the illegals started going NOT back to their OWN countries, but to OTHER states where the going is not as rough. Last December, my Brazilian friend told me that it seemed that illegals were suddenly POPPING UP out of NOWHERE here in Dallas, TX, and in the next several months, their numbers had grown exponentially! Unfortunately, it appears that this situation won't change anytime soon for Texas is governed by TRAITORS!

Charlotte Observer Editorial condeming William Gheen

I sent the following letter in response to the Editorial in the Charlotte observer.

I take exception to your likening William Gheen and ALIPAC to Bill the Butcher from "Gangs of New York".

I am an ALIPAC member and opposed to illegal immigration. I have never heard William Gheen suggest anything close to what you accuse him of. He is pro legal immigration as are, I believe, most of the citizens of this country.

I am not racist, nor have I seen any indication of racism from William Gheen or any of the ALIPAC members. In fact, I've seen people band from the website for making comments that could be racist.

I welcome "legal" immigrants. I admire and respect people of any race who come to this country wanting to become citizens.

I’ve lived in Southern California all my life. I’ve grown up with Mexicans. Went to school with Mexicans, work with Mexicans. My mother lived in Mexico for 30 years. I wouldn’t want harm to come to anyone of Mexican heritage. But I do expect them to be held to the same laws I am.

Working for a newspaper you should know the difference between "legal" and "illegal" immigration and the rule of law. At present, we have between 20 and 30 million people living in this country lawlessly. I don't know why it is so hard for you to understand Americans wanting everyone held to the same standards and rule of law.

The fact is that any family with a head of household who has less than a high school education will use $22,000 a year MORE in social services than they'll pay in taxes. And considering most of the illegal aliens fall into this category, this is a financial burden American citizens are justified in objecting to. Especially, when most of us believed after the 1986 Amnesty bill our boarders would be secured, laws against hiring illegals enforced and English learned by the new immigrants. We didn't know this wasn't being done and until the 2006 May Day demonstrations, except for the boarder states, I don't believe most of the rest of the country were aware of how many illegal aliens had been allowed to cross our boarder. They were shocked and I believe the anger you may see about this issue is more at our government for knowingly allowing this and burdening us with the financial care of millions upon millions of poor people.

We had only agreed to the 1986 Amnesty because we were assured that it would stop further illegal immigration. There were 3 million then, 30 million now. Obvioulsy it didn't. We can't be fooled twice.

William Gheen deserves an apology.

Re: Charlotte Observer Editorial condeming William Gheen

Quote Originally Posted by castingdirector
    I sent the following letter in response to the Editorial in the Charlotte observer.

I take exception to your likening William Gheen and ALIPAC to Bill the Butcher from "Gangs of New York".

I am an ALIPAC member and opposed to illegal immigration. I have never heard William Gheen suggest anything close to what you accuse him of. He is pro legal immigration as are, I believe, most of the citizens of this country.

I am not racist, nor have I seen any indication of racism from William Gheen or any of the ALIPAC members. In fact, I've seen people band from the website for making comments that could be racist.

I welcome "legal" immigrants. I admire and respect people of any race who come to this country wanting to become citizens.

I’ve lived in Southern California all my life. I’ve grown up with Mexicans. Went to school with Mexicans, work with Mexicans. My mother lived in Mexico for 30 years. I wouldn’t want harm to come to anyone of Mexican heritage. But I do expect them to be held to the same laws I am.

Working for a newspaper you should know the difference between "legal" and "illegal" immigration and the rule of law. At present, we have between 20 and 30 million people living in this country lawlessly. I don't know why it is so hard for you to understand Americans wanting everyone held to the same standards and rule of law.

The fact is that any family with a head of household who has less than a high school education will use $22,000 a year MORE in social services than they'll pay in taxes. And considering most of the illegal aliens fall into this category, this is a financial burden American citizens are justified in objecting to. Especially, when most of us believed after the 1986 Amnesty bill our boarders would be secured, laws against hiring illegals enforced and English learned by the new immigrants. We didn't know this wasn't being done and until the 2006 May Day demonstrations, except for the boarder states, I don't believe most of the rest of the country were aware of how many illegal aliens had been allowed to cross our boarder. They were shocked and I believe the anger you may see about this issue is more at our government for knowingly allowing this and burdening us with the financial care of millions upon millions of poor people.

We had only agreed to the 1986 Amnesty because we were assured that it would stop further illegal immigration. There were 3 million then, 30 million now. Obvioulsy it didn't. We can't be fooled twice.

William Gheen deserves an apology.

GREAT LETTER !
    Every immigrant who comes here should be required within five years to learn English or leave the country.

I know that in my own county here in NC, it seems like the tide of illegals is never-ending. I wish that NC would further put it's foot down when it comes to illegals, but they seem quite friendly towards them for the migrant workers needed in fields, etc.

Great letter castingdirector!

North Carolina is one of the hardest hit states in the country in regards to illegal immigration. Many of the illegal people here are women who aren't working. Most of them have had children while here and our public school system is overwhelmed. Large school districts are changing to mandatory year round schedules at the elementary level and many of the new kindergarten children don't speak any English. E-verify won't do anything to help get rid of these people who are here and not working! Cutting off the freebies would be a major first step.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)