Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Illegal shopping cart food vendors.

Here in southern California illegal food vendors are a major problem. I just got off the phone with the police reporting a guy on my street selling food out of a shopping cart to the neighbors. This happens on a daily basis. All over the neighborhood at any given time of the day you can hear the shopping cart and the horn honking at it's pushed down the street. I must call the police reporting someone on our street doing this every couple of days. I have a friend who owns an ice cream truck and she says she calls EVERY day while out on her route reporting the various vendors out on the street. She has to pay for liability insurance, vehicle insurance, health permits, business licenses, gas, rent if she sets up on someone's property for the day etc.... but some guy with a stolen shopping cart and a horn can be in business! They sell food that is not being refridgerated properly, who knows how it's been prepared, who knows what kind of food borne illnesses are being caused by it. For a while one our street there were a couple of women selling tamales out of a baby stroller!
    Our traitor Mayor Villaraigosa, seen on the news when asked about the problem said "well they're just trying to eek out a living." !!!
    If I felt like getting arrested I'd get myself a shopping cart and a horn and a few bags of oranges and set up shop in front of his house... see how fast the cops would show up there! "But Mayor..I'm just trying to eek out a living!"

JAK
    Illegals continually get a "FREE PASS" while Americans obey the law!
    Our laws are CHANGED or IGNORED to meet the need of illegal aliens!
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Hell I say get the Oranges. Just kidding, but I'd love to see his face if a whole bunch of people with shopping carts and horns gave him a visit. Might be I've planted a seed? Theres no law against standing in front of a house with a shopping cart or twenty is there?

Well if I did have the cajones to do such a thing I'd make sure and call KFI's John & Ken radio show (big anti illegal immigration guys here in California) and some other press and let them know of the plan so they could cover it.

I do have to say I haven't seen that yet. Thank God. Who knows if the goods are stolen or not? Not to mention the safety factor. I just know here you aren't allowed to sell any edible item without the proper stuff. Like I couldn't put a little stand in my driveway and sell tomatoes or melons or something. I've had some shady people selling meat with a freezer in the back of a pick-up. But then.....I don't like to go out much.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I haven't seen that here yet but I have seen little ice cream carts that are painted and pulled, and zillions of those big silver loncherias all over the place. And, when I was clearing out a house and calling for a special pickup, it was good to put it all out a few days early, because they would go through it and take anything a) useable, b) saleable, or c) scrap metal and I wouldn't have to pay as much tothe trash company. But, they would leave a mess I'd have to re-consolidate.

They sell food that is not being refridgerated properly, who knows how it's been prepared, who knows what kind of food borne illnesses are being caused by it. For a while one our street there were a couple of women selling tamales out of a baby stroller!
    Holy tomaine..that is disgusting! What excuse could the local authorities possibly have for NOT taking these people off the streets, especially during this E. coli outbreak? Licensed vendors and citizens alike need to band together and DEMAND the FDA get involved!

Your right. That is a serious health issue?

D.W.
    D.W.

Those carts are worth some good money. Report persons pushing them for the theft. Some stores even pay a bounty for their carts.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)