Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Illegal Worker Killed In Tortilla Factory

http://american-rattlesnake.org/2011/02 ... es-abound/

[b]Courtesy of a friend in NY ICE comes a story about what happens when you combine unsafe working conditions with lax hiring practices. In short, it’s not pretty.

Too often tragic accidents such as these elicit debate over what an illegal alien, as well as his or her surviving family, is entitled to in terms of worker’s compensation, death benefits, and in cases where the victim lives, associated medical expenses. However, very rarely will you hear anyone broach a much more important question, “why was this person working in this country illegally?â€
    Reporting without fear or favor-American Rattlesnake

you are right shapka
    I know staten island very well it was beautifulat one time Just like the bronx . & every other city . they don't check any one any more they
    are all Illegal immigrant union shop my foot they work under the table . we have them also it a rat hole. no as for the card that BS
    fed & Ice should get after them
    No Amnesty
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I've spoken with tons of construction workers outside of pickets who say the same thing. They have to go through every sort of red tape and inspection before they're even allowed on a job site, but somehow illegals manage to get jobs without any sort of scrutiny.

Banned
    This is an old story but it bears repeating

You see , in East Vegas most hispanic markets never get dinged by the health dept , all other big chains get dinged for stupid , idiotic violations
    that cost the companies thousands of dollars in fines.

If you have calcium buildup on table legs in a meat or deli dept they can downgrade you and require thousands of dollars in fines now, Its out of control

Figure this kind of garbage into the price next time you pay $10.99lb for a steak that should cost $4.99lb

"I try not to mix Tequila and roofing!"
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

That raises an interesting question. Was the deceased intoxicated before or during this accident, which would let the company's owners argue for limited culpability. I still think we should get to the bottom of how he was hired in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Shapka
    I still think we should get to the bottom of how he was hired in the first place.
    "He borrowed your SSN!"
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Or made it up. Either way, he was defrauding Americans.