Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

UB

Illegal workers that we "need"?

What about all those illegal workers that we "need"?

Many of the illegals are working in agriculture, producing crops that have been in chronic surplus for decades. These surplus crops are costing the American taxpayers billions of dollars in government storage costs and in the inflated prices created by deliberately keeping much of this agricultural output off the market.

Do we "need" illegal workers to produce bigger surpluses?

In California, surplus crops grown and harvested by illegal immigrants are often also subsidized by federal water projects which charge the farmers in dry California valleys far less than the cost to the government of providing that water — and a fraction of what people in Los Angeles or San Francisco pay for the same amount of water.

Surplus crops grown with water supplied at the taxpayers' expense and raised by illegal workers can be grown elsewhere with water provided free of charge from the clouds and raised by American workers paid American wages.

$20 cabbage, I don’t think so.

Besides, estimates are that 25 to 30 per cent of California’s agricultural workers are illegals. Doesn’t that mean that 70 to 75 per cent are legal residents doing work they supposedly won’t do ?
    If you ain't mad, you ain't payin' attention = Terry Anderson.

We don't "need" them and if they become citizens looking for a better life do you really think they are going to stay doing the jobs we supposidly "need" them to do? Heck no. They are already screwing up the public school system and hitting the colleges because they don't want to continue to do the jobs we supposidly "need" them for.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Not just agriculture that the illegals are into, they have inundated the construction industry also
    Immigration reform should reflect a commitment to enforcement, not reward those who blatantly break the rules. - Rep Dan Boren D-Ok

No we've never really needed them,they're exploited by corporations to increase their profit margin,no matter how badly they're hurting the middle class citizens.The illegals are a blight on the stability of our wage growth and the emptying of the social services treasury.

All illegals need to be deported or leave this country voluntarily.Of course the only way that will happen is if the enployer sanction laws start to be enforced.

Has anyone ever heard of picketing a high profile
    construction site? It would really piss off the investors
    of these McMansions they're building all over NC now.
    You can bet the baby's milk money there won't be
    any illegals at a rebuilt WTC site.

A local developer John Kane built a swanky North Hills mall.
    I drove past it on my way to work while it was under
    construction & it was full of illegals. First Citizens bank
    is renovating a large building across the street & it
    is full of illegals. Of course, the businesses will say they
    just hire subs, but they would not want the bad press &
    eventually the construction companies would come under
    fire. Too bad the unions have sold out. They used to picket
    a place for days & days when the company LEGALLY hired
    replacements. I know a lot of people hate unions, but I
    see some of the same spirit in this movement that was in
    the early labor movements.

My company uses a sub for cleaning which uses illegals.
    I'd like to out their behind somehow.