Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Illegals first Americans last

I need to vent! I have a 4 year old son who needs speech therapy. The local school district, by law, is to provide this at his private preschool. The children in this school have been in class over a month and have not even been evaluated yet. Our law states they must be evaluated within the first 21 calender days of school. The reason our school is being given is the unexpected large increase of ESL students. The head of the pre-school told me that when my son is put in speech, the state will begin paying his tuition. We couldn't care less about that, we want him to get the help he needs. Then I started thinking about this. We are paying 200.00 a month for preschool. If you are in a language needs group the state pays, that means that US citizens are paying tuition for the school, but illegals get the same education for free. This burns my........for two reasons. 1) we should not be given a tuition break period because our son has speech problems. 2) Illegals are getting private education, not public schools, but private education at taxpayer expense.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Is that a State law? Or Federal?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Unfortunately, according to laws in many states, it doesn't matter if you have kids or not, part of the taxing goes to support these public schools that are not allowed to ask immigration status.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Cayla,

I would recommend that you call your local county rep and your state rep and raise hell. Also keep calling your County Intermediate Unit every single week to make SURE they don't "lose" your son's records. Threaten then with a lawsuit if you have to.

Unfortunately this happens ALOT to American kids and it's disgraceful.
    "

Quote Originally Posted by jimpasz
    Is that a State law? Or Federal?
    The law on their website is state.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by miguelina
    Cayla,

I would recommend that you call your local county rep and your state rep and raise hell. Also keep calling your County Intermediate Unit every single week to make SURE they don't "lose" your son's records. Threaten then with a lawsuit if you have to.

Unfortunately this happens ALOT to American kids and it's disgraceful.
    My husband called the school board yesterday. He wanted to call with with his brogue lol IF little guy is not tested this week, next week he is going down and telling them they have one week or he will be hiring a lawyer and suing.

It's cheeper to deport the parents.

Dixie

Your child is to get FREE speech therapy and see if you can get your child on social security if your doctor will help you. I know a woman whose son got Social Security for his disabilities. Have you tried looking into the Title II or III by the school systems for four year old. I had another friend whose son got selected due to his problems to receive early entry to the school system for help. And then Head Start is a good program and they give children speech also.

You and your son have a great journey ahead of you. This is not a major problem. I had three out of four children in speech. It will actually help your child in every part of life. It is not a intelligence problem, it can be an inner ear problem and tone deafness. And all my children are way to bright and successful in my opinion.

With the last child I have seen him transpose words and still get the very same meaning. But he was playing chess at four. And can already do higher math at 12. But writing and spelling are memorizing with speech lag is still there. But he reads fast and gets the meaning good. But he is a listener and do child. Not a read and write child. And if writing is difficulty what is wrong with typing?

And if you get to point you want to home school; the school system by state law usually has to provide speech until your son is fine even out of school. Don't let others in the school system upset you.

With my last child I actually got to the point I would not let some teachers from the past to even have input on my child. Some teachers do not know what in the hell they are doing. They think they can tell parents and doctors how high to jump.

This son is your forever! And you the parent has the ultimate say. And he is very young and I would relax and give it another year.

Go on the internet and get the frequently most used words for a preschool child. Print and start working with those. The game of chess is fun for mom's and child to learn around four and start learning numbers. Your son might have to learn by sight and doing. Start teaching him how to count by two's, and on, and on.

Go to the math site: www.mathusee.com

And boys have to move to learn. Don't even try to get him to set still. Boys have to move to learn. It gets on teachers nerves, just remember this for the future. I have two boys.

When you get ready for subtracting I can show you a trick that school systems will not show children that will increase your son's ability immediately.

I feel the SAME way about those superfluous, senseless MULTILINGUAL educational programs! Immigrant children in AMERICAN schools must learn English FIRST or they and their parents NEED to be DEPORTED!

Quote Originally Posted by vmonkey56
    Your child is to get FREE speech therapy and see if you can get your child on social security if your doctor will help you. I know a woman whose son got Social Security for his disabilities. Have you tried looking into the Title II or III by the school systems for four year old. I had another friend whose son got selected due to his problems to receive early entry to the school system for help. And then Head Start is a good program and they give children speech also.

You and your son have a great journey ahead of you. This is not a major problem. I had three out of four children in speech. It will actually help your child in every part of life. It is not a intelligence problem, it can be an inner ear problem and tone deafness. And all my children are way to bright and successful in my opinion.

With the last child I have seen him transpose words and still get the very same meaning. But he was playing chess at four. And can already do higher math at 12. But writing and spelling are memorizing with speech lag is still there. But he reads fast and gets the meaning good. But he is a listener and do child. Not a read and write child. And if writing is difficulty what is wrong with typing?

And if you get to point you want to home school; the school system by state law usually has to provide speech until your son is fine even out of school. Don't let others in the school system upset you.

With my last child I actually got to the point I would not let some teachers from the past to even have input on my child. Some teachers do not know what in the hell they are doing. They think they can tell parents and doctors how high to jump.

This son is your forever! And you the parent has the ultimate say. And he is very young and I would relax and give it another year.

Go on the internet and get the frequently most used words for a preschool child. Print and start working with those. The game of chess is fun for mom's and child to learn around four and start learning numbers. Your son might have to learn by sight and doing. Start teaching him how to count by two's, and on, and on.

Go to the math site: www.mathusee.com

And boys have to move to learn. Don't even try to get him to set still. Boys have to move to learn. It gets on teachers nerves, just remember this for the future. I have two boys.

When you get ready for subtracting I can show you a trick that school systems will not show children that will increase your son's ability immediately.
    2 pediatricians think his speech problem is due entirely to his family lol I grew up in Nebraska and have a nice Midwestern blah accent, His sister and brother Have southern accents based on where we were when they were young, my hubby has a definite Irish Brogue, as does his entire family, then their is my Dad, Bostonian born and raised. The poor little guy has too many different pronunciations and is confused. That being said, Nobody really understands the little guy, and it is frustrating for all of us. I understand him best, but sometimes I have to take a guess. They are still not returning our phone calls. Hubby says if they do not call by Friday, he is camping out in their office on Monday. He is one ticked off daddy and is contemplating contacting an attorney if this is not resolved shortly.