Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Illegals Need to Fend for Themselves (Opinion)

http://sun.yumasun.com/artman/publish/a ... _21804.php

Columnist: Immigrants welcome if they fend for selves

BY JONATHAN ATHENS, SUN STAFF WRITER
    Jan 19, 2006, 10:47 pm

Libertarian columnist Tibor Machan speaks to a group of area residents Thursday in Somerton about immigration from the Libertarian point of view. PHOTO BY JACOB LOPEZ/THE SUN
    SOMERTON â€â€
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

remind me not to register as a libertarian .this is pure hogwash - they already have jobs waiting for them because american employers want them-

During a question-and-answer session after his talk, Machan said those willing to come to the U.S. who have a job waiting for them and are willing to pull their own weight would "get the full support of Libertarians

"entitlement" mentality
    Well, THAT is the mentality of the people we seem to be getting from South of the border, anyway.

"Nobody gets to come here who doesn't want to fend for themselves."
    That part, I could agree with!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

They wouldn't have to fend for themselves HERE if they stayed where they came from where they were legal citizens.

My view is, if they come across the border and have a broke arm or leg, fix them and send them packing. I wonder how many other countries would even do that much for a illegal trying to cross into their territory?

I'm just amazed at Bush for suggesting that a temporary work program is the end all answer. And how long is temporary? 1, 2, 7 years? You know, my friend from college got his degree in the US and has been here for 5 years waiting on his citizenship papers to come in.. And everything he did to come here was legal, on a student visa. Now they are threatening to deport him if he can't get a company to sponser him. But yet, Bush wants to allow illegals to come here, give them work, and let them sit and wait for their citizenship... Just dont get it.

They wouldn't have to fend for themselves HERE if they stayed where they came from where they were legal citizens.
    Maybe my response was a little unclear! I meant THE LEGAL ONES should
    meet THEIR GUIDELINES!! THERE IS NO ROOM FOR ONE--NOT ONE--ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT in the country.

Check out the RNC thread where they were going to vote on the Republican platform i.e. immigration.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Illegal immigration presents seperate issues. It's not only important for an immigrant not to impose an economic burden on their new country (especially for a prolonged period), they must accept the culture as well. If an immigrant has vastly different political views and objectives, such as eliminating national borders (as some do), I don't want to give them US citizenship, an and opportunity to advance their political objectives here.
    My objective is to keep the USA on top, not dismantle it.
    Steve
    Ohio Jobs & Justice PAC
    http://www.OJJPAC.org

The culture part is what is THE MOST IMPORTANT to me with LEGAL immigrants. If that is not their goal, they need to just stay where they are.