Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Illiberal Immigration

Illiberal Immigration

Victor Davis Hanson

7-7-2011

The old liberal ideal of a racially blind, melting-pot society is dead.

Recently, in symbolic fashion, spectators of Mexican ancestry in Pasadena’s Rose Bowl did not merely cheer on the Mexican national soccer team in a game against the U.S. national team — such nostalgia would be natural and understandable for recent immigrants — but went much further and also jeered American players and, indeed, references to the United States.

Which was the home team?

Was America to be appreciated for accepting poor aliens, or resented for not granting them amnesty? Is the idea of the United States to be conveniently booed or opportunistically thanked — depending on whether you are watching a soccer match or, for example, entering a Los Angeles emergency room with a life-threatening injury?

This otherwise insignificant but Orwellian incident reminds us that illegal immigration in the 21st century is becoming an illiberal enterprise.

Consider the prevailing myth of Mexico as America’s “partner.â€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Maybe we need to say before you can get any emergency medical care as an illegal alien you must say the pledge of allegiance as written, before you are accepted for any public benefits of any kind even if its for your children you need to recite ALL of the Bill of Rights verbatim.

I have no problems with providing illegal invaders with emergency treatment, so long as they are on their way home as soon as they are stabalized enough to be deported! In other words, emergency treatment is a one time deal in this country if here illegally. There won't be a follow up visit!

I could care less if an illegal invader could recite the pledge of allegiance. Even if they could, it wouldn't be genuine and we would likely have to provide a translator to boot. Some allegiance.....
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'd insist it was in English and spoken perfectly... or else sorry you an bleed to death on the sidewalk. Call me a heartless person but if that illegal wasn't in the US illegally breaking the law already more then likely they wouldn't be sitting in our emergency rooms. But then I also tend to think ER's should boot everyone out who comes in with a sniffle or sore throat. If your not bleeding to death or loss of limb and life at stake not the ERs problem if you don't have insurance or cash on hand.

But hey, maybe I'm wrong with expecting people to actually be responsible for their own actions and if an illegal action ends up eventually putting them somewhere they can't afford NOT my problem and shouldn't be our problem.