Thread: Im underwhelmed

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Im underwhelmed

I got this today from my U.S. Congressman, Bart Gordon...for what its
    worth!

Knowing you share my commitment to stopping illegal immigration, I want to update you on a recent report from the U.S. Border Patrol agency.

The report shows illegal immigration in 2008 was at its lowest level since the 1970s. This, in large part, was attributed to improved border security measures. This news is encouraging, and I commend the 18,000 Border Patrol agents who are working night and day to secure our border. However, the undeniable truth is more needs to be done - an estimated 500,000 illegal immigrants entered the United States in 2008. This number is too high and threatens American jobs, burdens local governments, and is a security threat.

I have long advocated for increased border security measures. In 2006, the Secure Fence Act was signed into law with my strong support. The legislation required the construction of 20 foot-high metal fences along 670 miles of America's southern border. Today, 526 miles of the fencing is complete. The Secure Fence Act also required a virtual fence be built.

The technology necessary for the virtual fence is still in its infancy. In 2008, I introduced the Border Security Technology Innovation Act with Congressman Ralph Hall from Texas. This bipartisan bill would require the U.S. Department of Homeland Security to invest in research and development projects that bring about advanced next-generation border security technologies to ensure that the virtual fence acts like a real fence. If the border is not secure, drugs and terrorists can easily come into our country. In January, I will reintroduce the Border Security Technology bill and continue to support initiatives that clamp down on illegal immigration.
    PROMOTE SELF DEPORTATION, ENFORCE OUR
    LAWS!

Today, 526 miles of the fencing is complete.
    Does anyone know exactly where this 526 miles of complete fence is? I have tried to find it (with a picture) with no luck.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Gordon does not have the best grades from Numbers:

http://grades.betterimmigration.com/tes ... &VIPID=755

And regarding the amount of fencing that has been built, Rep. Lamar Smith of Texas recently said this:

In 2006, Congress called on the administration to secure the border with more than 850 miles of fencing along the southwest border. To date, only 375 miles of fencing have been constructed. Of that, only 218 miles are built to prevent illegal immigrants from crossing the border on foot; the rest are vehicle barriers.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The report shows illegal immigration in 2008 was at its lowest level since the 1970s.
    I wonder if they have slacked off again. I'm sure there are plenty of border hoppers to catch.

Dixie

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    The report shows illegal immigration in 2008 was at its lowest level since the 1970s.
    I wonder if they have slacked off again. I'm sure there are plenty of border hoppers to catch.

Dixie
    It sounds more like an appeasement ploy to me too.

As long as Ramos and Compean are political prisoners, the border patrol's hands are tied, so there's a lot of room for question.
    I didn't leave the Republican Party. The party left me. Inspired by Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by HeartlandPatriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie

Dixie
    It sounds more like an appeasement ploy to me too.

As long as Ramos and Compean are political prisoners, the border patrol's hands are tied, so there's a lot of room for question.
    I once wrote a letter to Nacho. He seemed like a wonderful person. I still have his letter he wrote back to me. I even offerred to send him some money (I only had a tiny bit to send) but he refused to let me. A true gentleman. I was very impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by SicNTiredInSoCal
    Today, 526 miles of the fencing is complete.
    Does anyone know exactly where this 526 miles of complete fence is? I have tried to find it (with a picture) with no luck.
    Yeah, I wondered the same thing. Who do they think they are kidding?
    Guess we know.
    PROMOTE SELF DEPORTATION, ENFORCE OUR
    LAWS!

If he doesn't co-sponsor the SAVE act, throw the bum out, anything else he says is smoke and mirrors.