Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

DD

Quote Originally Posted by ldydrake
    English should be a language everyone knows......same with Spanish and the same goes with Arabic.

I believe this, we can agree to disagree.

P.S. The Asian language is another really important language we should know as well.
    I'll agree that there are good reasons for learning other languages. However, I don't believe it's anyone's right to force a language upon me in my country where English is my native tongue (for lack of a better term). If/When I learn another language, I do so by my own personal choice, not because somebody else says so.
    Other countries have multiple official languages. English is my primary language, and I think it is a good language. However, I'm a strong believer that if a person has the knowledge in several different languages......well....they are better off.

That's all.

People who learn other languages have a dire need to increase their knowledge....that's what I believe.

Other countries have multiple official languages. English is my primary language, and I think it is a good language. However, I'm a strong believer that if a person has the knowledge in several different languages......well....they are better off.

That's all.

People who learn other languages have a dire need to increase their knowledge....that's what I believe.
    I think what's failed to be acknowledged here is that this should be a matter of choice, not something forced upon us regardless of what other countries do.

Quote Originally Posted by DD
    Quote Originally Posted by SpinZone
    I agree. Hispanics, particulary the ones from Mexico refuse to assimilate and demand that we change everything in this country to accomodate them. Where do they get off? I am so sick of listening to Spanish being spoken.
    (DD answered) Many do want to assimilate. Besides......it's good for a person to learn 2 or more languages. When a person knows many different languages......there is more opportunity with having that knowledge.
    Sticking my finger down my throat to GAG!
    And three times as many as DO assimilate don't want to be bothered. I think that as long as a person is in his/her own country, they should have a choice as to whether or not they want to learn someone else's language. And I think that if people are bent on living somewhere other than their own country that it is their responsibility to learn how to communicate in the language of the country they are in. Opportunities should be given to Americans first in the USA and those who live here and can't speak English shouldn't be offered anything but a cold shoulder. Even tourists are smart enough to know that.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I've heard the theory that speaking two languages not only gives you another cultural perspective but also enhances your chances for success. I also know that a lot of illegals if pressed speak English as well as Spanish, this being the case why aren't the corporate CEO's fighting to save their jobs? I don't have facts to back me up but I'd be willing to bet these bilingual wonders are under-represented in the field of rocket science.

Every immigrant that has come to the U.S. in years past has been expected to learn our language, English.Why should now be any different? If an individual chooses to learn another, they should do it by choice not by force.
    Equal rights for all, special privileges for none. Thomas Jefferson

DD

Quote Originally Posted by JuniusJnr

And three times as many as DO assimilate don't want to be bothered.
    Provide your source with credible/reliable data.

Why should she? Search ALIPAC and find it yourself.

DD

Quote Originally Posted by Virginiamama
    Why should she? Search ALIPAC and find it yourself.
    Typically in debate, the burden of proof is often put upon the person making accusations.

Typically in debate, the burden of proof is often put upon the person making accusations.
    Accusations? My, isn't that term interesting.

DD

Quote Originally Posted by Virginiamama
    Accusations? My, isn't that term interesting.
    Like I said......I have lived with a lawyer for the past decade....I apologize if some of his bad habits rubbed off on me.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast