Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Immigration to the USA (information needed)

Please, does anybody have a link to a page containing information on exact numbers of immigrants entering the USA on annual basis? I'm interested in both legal and illegal immigrants even though only estimates will be available in the second case.

I have just learned that immigration to my own country is now at 300% of that in the USA (per capita). I have used a number of 1.1 million immigrants from numbersusa web-page as a basis for my conclusion.

Re: Immigration to the USA (information needed)

Quote Originally Posted by Lugundum
    Please, does anybody have a link to a page containing information on exact numbers of immigrants entering the USA on annual basis? I'm interested in both legal and illegal immigrants even though only estimates will be available in the second case.

I have just learned that immigration to my own country is now at 300% of that in the USA (per capita). I have used a number of 1.1 million immigrants from numbersusa web-page as a basis for my conclusion.
    you can start here:

http://www.state.gov/r/pa/prs/ps/2006/69146.htm

http://www.dhs.gov/ximgtn/statistics/pu ... LPR06.shtm

I hope this helps
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Go to THE DARK SIDE OF ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION

http://www.usillegalaliens.com/impacts_ ... cture.html

charts and graphs and references

Thanks a lot for your replies. I have decided to spread the word because people in my country are totally unaware what is going on but some are starting to be upset.

Please if you wish keep posting your links. I would like to use them.

We need to learn from your experience.

The Tories are working on that.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Lugundum
    Thanks a lot for your replies. I have decided to spread the word because people in my country are totally unaware what is going on but some are starting to be upset.

Please if you wish keep posting your links. I would like to use them.

We need to learn from your experience.
    Just curious, you keep mentioning "your country". What country would that be?
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

http://www.cis.org/articles/2007/back1007.html

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/stor ... Id=5485917

http://www.csmonitor.com/2006/0516/p01s02-ussc.html

Based on the national census in 2000, the US Census Bureau puts the estimate of illegal immigrants at 8.7 million. As of 2003, the US Citizenship and Immigration Services put the number at 7 million. Since then, United States immigration officials have said the number has grown by as much as 500,000 a year.

Those closest to the fight to protect US borders say the figure is higher. The US Border Patrol union Local 2544 in Tucson, Ariz., says the total number of illegal immigrants in the US today is between 12 million and 15 million.

The Pew Hispanic Center, a nonpartisan research organization in Washington, estimates 11.5 million to 12 million "unauthorized migrants" live in the US today. It bases its numbers on the "Current Population Survey," a monthly assessment of about 50,000 households jointly conducted by the US Bureau of Labor Statistics and the Census Bureau.

But in a letter to a constituent in 2004, Sen. John McCain (R) of Arizona wrote: "According to the US Border Patrol apprehension statistics, almost four million people crossed our borders illegally in 2002." Although many are caught and made to leave the country, a significant number try again. No one knows for sure how many succeed, but Senator McCain's assertion would mean that the number crossing the border and disappearing into the US economy could be much higher than official estimates.

"Deriving estimates of the number of unauthorized, or illegal, immigrants is difficult because the government lacks administrative records of their arrival and departure, and because they tend to be undercounted in the census and other surveys of the population," wrote the Congressional Budget Office in 2004.
    Reporting without fear or favor-American Rattlesnake

Reporting without fear or favor-American Rattlesnake

Cayla99, I'm from the Czech Republic.

Thanks for all your links. I have a lot of to do. As I see it now we have one of the immigration rates in the world and they are planning to ease immigration laws once more!

After the so called "privatization" after the fall of communism they have learned that they can "earn" a lot of money simply by destroying our society beyond what Nazis and Communists did!

Banned
    "
    * U.S. border authorities arrested just under 877,000 illegal crossers in fiscal 2007,"

Now the running estimate is that 3-4 make it in for every one
    they catch

http://www.latimes.com/la-fi-migrate26d ... ome-center