Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Impact in Prince William County...

Last night on WUSA channel 9 news they were doing a story on the impact of Prince William County VA's new illegal migrant laws. They interviewed all latino business owners and they were telling of how they've lost 20% or better of their business because of the laws. This was mostly in the dumfries area of rt. 1. They said that everyone is scared to come out of the house anymore.
    Their solution??? They're going to close up shop in boycott for a day to show us how valuable they are to our community.

community? can you translate YOUR definition please?

You mean a few taco restaurants are going to close and I'm supposed to fear for my livelihood? Please.

Seriously, I've driven down this area a million times. There are Latino groceries, a few restaurants, a few more restaurants, and that's it. Their customer base is basically themselves ... no one hangs out in their areas of town because it's too seedy looking.

They are lucky we don't swath a highway down rt. 1 like we should and just knock all of the slum that lines Rt. 1 from Alexandria on down to Dumfries.

"no one hangs out in their areas of town because it's too seedy looking. "

Not to mention DANGEROUS?