Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Increase in fraudulent H-1B petitions

From the Indian press (The Economic Times)

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/New ... 762804.cms

Race for H-1B visas hots up
    7 Feb, 2008, 0140 hrs IST, Ishani Duttagupta, TNN

NEW DELHI: Even as the race for filing H-1B work permit applications for fiscal year 2009 hots up, the US Embassy in Delhi is concerned over the growing number of fraudulent petitions from India. Peter G Kaestner, minister counsellor for consular affairs and consul-general at the US Embassy in Delhi, told ET: “The number of bogus petitions for H1B visas from India being filed with the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) is on the rise. This has caused great concern because it adversely impacts genuine business people from India who may lose out because the number of H1B visas issued every year are capped at 65,000.â€

Hi Ceelynn,

This reply appeared on the India Times website:

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Chapman,Palo Alto, CA
    ALL OF THESE PETITIONS ARE BOGUS. The purpose of the H1-B visa program is to import Cheap Slave Labour and to toss US citizen workers into the street. The whole thing is fraudulent.
    Reminder to readers:

The H-1B visa is a NON-immigrant guest worker visa.
    These people (mostly from India) are NOT immigrants!

What part of "We don't owe our jobs to India" are you unable to understand, Senator?

Just see the video in the signature - that says it all
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It's sad that presently - being an engineer working in hi-tech there's only about 20% that I see that are born in USA. I guess they want to make it 0%. With unemployment going up the H1b should be killed.

Hi Once A Democrat,

I can't find where I put the link..... anyway...

United Airlines, according to UA employees I talked to, plans to have a 100% foreign national workforce (here in the US) of ground employees in the near future. Check out the DEN airport.

Ticket Counter - staffed by Nigerian Nationals
    Gates - staffed by Indian (India) Nationals
    Ramp Service - you guessed it - Mexicans

Chicago - some US citizens are still on the property.

Small stations - still mostly US citizens.

United Reservations - 100% Bangalore, India

How about some more bad news?

According to one of the India publications on line, about a year ago, Tata has plan to hire 10 million info tech workers to replace us here in the US, both through the H-1B program (which Tata presides over) and outsourcing to Bangalore.

All hell is supposed to break loose by the end of 2010; I got a bad feeling we're gonna wind up with Hindu overlords.

What part of "We don't owe our jobs to India" are you unable to understand, Senator?