Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

INDEPENDENCE PARTY OF ILLINOIS

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/ ... dt.01.html

Below is portion of transcript from Lou Dobbs tonight:

Dan Kairis joins me now from Chicago. How nice to have you with us. Thank you.

DAN KAIRIS, CO-FOUNDER, INDEPENDENCE PARTY OF ILLINOIS: Hi, good evening, Christine. It's a pleasure to be here.

ROMANS: Give me a little sense why illegal immigration is on the top of your agenda -- at the top of your agenda here? Why not work through the traditional parties? Why form a third party and take it on this way?

KAIRIS: Well, we all know that the federal government certainly has dropped the ball when it comes to the illegal alien problem, and when you live in a state like Illinois -- and I've also been involved with the New Frontier Coalition -- and a number of states have the same difficulty. We have a number of illegal aliens taking benefits which should be going to the legal residents of our states.

ROMANS: Tell me what reverse amnesty is. It's something that you talk about, that your party is espousing. Reverse amnesty, tell us about that and how you think that could be viable even in a state like Illinois, which is already giving mortgages to illegal aliens, in-state tuition to illegal aliens, and health care?

KAIRIS: That's right. Those are the same Republicans and same Democrats you were talking about before. All of these benefits are being given to illegal aliens. Our idea, since the federal government will not address the problem, with this reverse amnesty, what we would do once we take office is pass legislation that would give them 120 days to leave the state. If after that time they didn't leave the state, we would use Title 8 of the federal code or we could use the drug enforcement laws and confiscate property so that we could then pay for their deportation.

ROMANS: I can tell you that I've been covering illegal immigration for a long time, and I think that the political will for something like that is very, very low. You have the open borders crowd on one end of the spectrum, who would like to see unfettered immigration completely. You've got the other side of the spectrum that, you know, says -- many people say you just -- you can't send people back home. How in the world would be that workable?

KAIRIS: Well, see, that's the problem. Everybody keeps thinking it's the system, and you're correct in one regard, that's why we formed the Independence Party of Illinois. We can't take -- we can't give credit to the Republicans or Democrats for doing anything, because they have obviously shown they don't have the will to do it. But when you've taken your polls, I've watched the show before, and 80 percent of the people are in favor of such measures.

Well, we need a third party to get those 80 percent of the people who have given up on the Republican and Democratic parties a chance to vote for somebody who will actually take a stand and do the job.

ROMANS: Third parties traditionally get headlines but don't get a lot of traction in some cases. How do you expect to do? How do you expect to try to gain some momentum here on this?

KAIRIS: Well, appearing on your show obviously is going to be a big boost. We have -- we have immediate recognition right now just by being on the show, so we've accomplished something a lot of other third parties haven't.

Our goal, however, in our state, unlike other third parties that have just run state officers, such as governor or lieutenant governor, we want to put together an entire slate not only of the state officers, but also for every legislative seat that's going to be available in 2006, so that we'll have a friendly legislature to work with our governor to get these things passed.

ROMANS: All right, Dan Kairis, thank you so much for joining us here tonight.

KAIRIS: Thank you very much for having me.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This is such good news. I love hearing that people are willing to step away from the two offending parties and take a chance on sweeping the senate clean. We need to make a list of these candidates. And cheer them on.

And I hope other list members will post the news from their areas.

Thank you, Had-Enuf. This is important news.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)