Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Indiana Gov Mitch Daniels, Bush Amnesty Man?

This guy Daniels is a Bushbot to the nth degree who served as Director of OMB in that Administration for a few years. Can you say amnesty as fast as he can say guest workers and off-shore?

I think we need to get behind the State Senator mentioned below who has championed AZ style legislation in Indiana. Senator Delph is exposing Daniels and could take out Lugar!

http://dyn.politico.com/printstory.cfm? ... 603C528B7E

Daniels faces tea party heat
    By: Maggie Haberman
    February 15, 2011 05:33 AM EST

A tough, Arizona-style anti-immigration bill in the Indiana state Legislature has put Gov. Mitch Daniels — who is mum on whether he backs it — on a collision course with tea party activists who see it as a big priority and could have national implications for the Indiana governor in a GOP presidential primary.

Daniels, who’s mulling a White House run in 2012 and won rave reviews for his CPAC speech last weekend, has yet to take a stand on legislation introduced by State Sen. Mike Delph that died under Democratic-controlled Legislatures in each of the last several years — but faces greatly improved odds of passing this time around.

The latest version of the measure creates tough enforcement provisions, requiring cops to ask for proof of immigration status if they have “reasonableâ€

LINK to Gov. Daniels webpage:

http://www.in.gov/gov/2631.htm

Pls send him an email and ask him to support Immigration enforcement bill SB 590. Illegal immigration is harmful to legal immigrants and citizens

The "other side" has already started petitions against this bill.

If you use Inianapolis, IN as yr location, it's in Marion Co.

I sent an e mail to Daniels, and will try to call his office on my lunch breaks from work. IFI get a reply from him I will post it on here.

So, the amnesty wing of the Tea Party is lining up behind Governor Daniels because he is all for Bush's comprehensive immigration reform plan otherwise known as amnesty for all who will work on the cheap. Good thing the amnesty wing of the Tea Party is only about seven people in total and six of them are in the Armey family.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/20 ... ite-house/

Armey: Daniels should run for White House
    By: CNN Deputy Political Director Paul Steinhauser

(CNN) – Dick Armey wants Indiana Gov. Mitch Daniels to run for president.

The chairman of FreedomWorks, a national organization that provides much of the organization behind the tea party movement, tells CNN that "Mitch is exactly the kind of candidate that our folks across the country are looking for."

Armey, the former House Majority Leader, was with Daniels on Thursday, giving the term-limited Republican governor a FreedomWorks award for what he says is Daniel's dedication to rein in spending in his state.

"He's a serious guy, he's no showhorse; he's a workhorse. He keeps his eye on the ball. We really feel like we need a guy like him in this race and I'm trying to get him to understand that," adds Armey. "He really fits the bill more than he realizes."

Daniels has said that he would decide on a run for the GOP presidential nomination after Indiana's current legislative session ends on April 29. But a walkout by Indiana Democratic lawmakers over a move by Daniels and state Republicans to cut the budget and limit collective bargaining rights for some union workers could force a special session. Democratic lawmakers left the state to stall the initiatives, delaying a decision by the governor on a White House run.

"It certainly complicates making a decision. I said all along that one of the major considerations was doing the duty to this job. I will not compromise on that and the fact that it may take longer to do that, yes, it's a complicating factor," said Daniels Thursday, according to the Indianapolis Star.

If Daniels does decide to run, would Armey endorse him?

"He's certainly the kind of person we would endorse but at this point it's premature to talk about endorsements," the FreedomWorks chairman tells CNN.

FreedomWorks is a nonprofit, conservative organization based in the nation's capital that helps train volunteer activists and has provided much of the organization behind the tea party movement. The group also supports conservative candidates in Republican primary and general election contests.

In his conversation with CNN, Armey also had nice things to say about former Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty, who earlier this week announced the formation of a presidential exploratory committee, and Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour, who's also seriously considering a bid for the Republican nomination.

"I think the governors, right now, are the ones we are turning our attention to," says Armey.

Daniels, who served as budget director during President George W. Bush's first term, is popular among many fiscal conservatives, but his call for a truce on social issues has opened him up to criticism from many social conservative activists.

Til the house dems get back to work, Indiana citizens are held hostage. We have short session and the dems are awol.

A bunch of maggots! And I'm not so sure that the Repulicans are not happy to have the cover.