Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

All you have to do is say you're going to run a background
    criminal & credit check on the prospective tenant because you've had
    trouble with deadbeats in the past. The illegals will never call
    back. Works every time.

I work in property management and you are obviously lying about "not knowing they are illegals". There is an online system to check credit, via SSN. You find out everything about a person you need to know there. If the SSN is fake, nothing will come up. And a fake SSN will be a RED FLAG that someone is doing SOMETHING ILLEGAL.

And 13 people in a 5 bedroom house? That is outrageous. I don't know how you can live with yourself and then come here and try to sell your lies.
    The John McCain Call Center
    [img]http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/815000/images/_818096_foxphone150.jpg[/]

GFC
    I can spot a illegal in a NY minute. Big difference between legals and illegals.

You've been caught take the blame and say your sorry. Then clean up your act!
    First of all if you own property it is your responsibility to watch whats going on. Or hire a Super you can trust. I sure this all didn't happen over night!
    Even if you checked this building once a month you would have known it was over crowded. And as far as not knowing they were illegal, How stupid are you?
    Instead of posting signs you should be hideing in shame.

Larry, you're lucky that you got off with a relatively small fine.

Look what's happening with the landlord in the Rogers Park (Chicago) building where 6 children of illegal immigrants died. He's being sued for not maintaining his property, even though it looks like it was the family that ripped out the smoke detectors.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?sectio ... id=4585944

Why should we believe you are on our side when you come here and call us Rednecks?

You obviously do not realize that many of the people you are talking to come from many walks of life and represent many ethnicity's.

I will allow your insult to stay on the boards because it says much more about you than it does about us!

It is obvious that your main concern is covering your own ass in this equation.

The landlord material is not in our platform, not because it is discriminatory but because we have not discussed adding these new provisions yet.

You are free to screen all of your tenants for FREE via the SAVE Program just like any employer. As long as you run all tenants that apply through this FREE program, you will not face discriminatory charges.

Sure is funny how a bunch of "Red Necks" know more about the law and this issue than you do.

How could anyone that rented a house in their own community NOT know there were 30 people in that house? You say you are not an absentee landlord or slum lord, but you sure are acting like one.

Instead of putting signs in your yard saying No Inspections Without Me! Try apologizing to the community and any neighbors who's lives you may have wrecked, announce you will screen all future tenants for legal presence, encourage others to follow your lead, and be a decent American instead of acting like money grubbing slum lord fighting good Americans that do not want to live with or pay for your illegal alien tenants.

William Gheen
    The Non-Redneck President of ALIPAC

The SAVE PROGRAM
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=C ... age&pid=21

Hey fellow Rednecks, anyone want to pull down a Yahoo Map and Satelite image of this house? Perhaps we should contact the neighbors to see if they have suffered any damages or quality of life losses due to the neglect of this landlord that they could sue him for?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Someone who claims to have been a landlord for 23 years, several properties in several states claiming he doesn't know the laws ... except the provisions of illegal eviction ... calling us "rednecks". HAHAHA!!!!

Sorry, that is just too darned funny. Oh and btw, "redneck" isn't even an insult!
    I don't care what you call me, so long as you call me AMERICAN.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverLee
    Larry, you're lucky that you got off with a relatively small fine.

Look what's happening with the landlord in the Rogers Park (Chicago) building where 6 children of illegal immigrants died. He's being sued for not maintaining his property, even though it looks like it was the family that ripped out the smoke detectors.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?sectio ... id=4585944
    "The electricity was in the Ramirez apartment cut off in May and the family used candles for light. A candle is what sparked the fire that killed five Ramirez children and Escarlet Ramos, the younger sister of Luis Alberto Ramos."

For some time now I've been appalled at the lack of accoutability of American people but illegals and their ilk have taken it to a new level. They're about as accoutable as a spoiled twelve year old.

The article isn't entirely clear but it sounds like they were not paying their electrical bill so instead of getting the power turned back on the took to using candles and burn't the house down. Unfortunate but no fault but their own.

Cribster,

Sorry if my post was confusing. Check out these threads for background on the Rogers Park/Chicago fire:

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=40268

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=39934

You can get additional information by Googling "ramirez children fire chicago." The story is really interesting. . .

And as for Larry. . .perhaps when you teach those seminars on being a landlord, you may want to add something on social responsiblity. You are a "slum landlord" in my way of thinking.

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    SilverLee, I think the problem with the tenants was twofold. One they did not make enough to pay their bills, it builds up quickly, then before you know it the power is shut off. Two, although the other tenants and landlord might have known, I do not see how it is their responsibility to "do something" about it.

I think the only thing the landlord might have done would be to help them find an agency that might/or might not be able to help them. But what else?

Had it been winter (in Chicago, unthinkable without at least heat), I could see the mayors outrage. The family had probably figured that with oncoming warm weather in May, they would be ok until they could pay it off.

This story is a bit different to me, than the 13/30 people in one home and not verifying documentation and background checks.

However, any landlord has this responsibility to check out potential tenants, in Oregon they call it "tenant screening". It is lawful and works to help avoid horrible situations with potential violent or sexual offenders, or tenants that the landlord thinks would be way too risky to rent to, including those here illegally using false documentation.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast