Like Tree5Likes

Thread: INJURED HISPANIC CUSTODIAN SUES SCHOOL AFTER NOT BEING ABLE TO READ ENGLISH WARNING S

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

INJURED HISPANIC CUSTODIAN SUES SCHOOL AFTER NOT BEING ABLE TO READ ENGLISH WARNING S

CAMPUS

INJURED HISPANIC CUSTODIAN SUES SCHOOL AFTER NOT BEING ABLE TO READ ENGLISH WARNING SIGN

May. 10, 2013 3:03pm Tiffany Gabbay
    Photo credit: CBS

A group of Hispanic custodians at Denver’s Auraria Campus are suing their employer, claiming they are victims of discrimination. One of those custodians, Bertha Ribota, claims she was injured on the job as a result of not being able read a warning sign in English, CBS reports.

“Too many things have happened to me there that I don’t even know how to explain it,” said Ribota.

“If I could speak English I wouldn’t have the problems that exist.”

CBS explains further:

The complaint accuses the campus of purposely keeping vital information from Hispanic employees pertaining to the terms and conditions of their employment, changes in work status, and, more pointedly, safety. They claim they are being excluded because the information is not being delivered in Spanish.

Last week 12 custodians from the Auraria Campus filed an EEOC complaint against the Auraria Higher Education Center, which is the organization that maintains the campus for Metro State University of Denver, the Community College of Denver and the University of Colorado Denver.

“What is sort of a neutral business practice, that they speak English on campus and it’s an English-only campus has a discriminatory impact on this group of workers,” said attorney Tim Markham.

Campus spokesman Blaine Nickeson said in response: “I don’t know if that’s a problem. I think it’s one of the concerns. I will go on to say there’s not a statute to translate.”
    Watch the interview below:

Video at the Page Link:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...-warning-sign/

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

working4change
    Never had any interest in learning the language but now sees the chance to cash in .

I'm hoping the judge will have some sense and rule that the school has to teach her to speak English and that's it. Problem solved. She can pay court costs.
    Never give up! Never surrender! Never compromise your values!*
    __________________________________________________ __

NO MORE ROTHSCHILD STOOGES IN PUBLIC OFFICE!!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It should be a job requirement to speak English.

Quote Originally Posted by disgustedamerican View Post
    It should be a job requirement to speak English.

Disgustedamerican
    you are 100 % right your in our country now english only another thing how do you dr a car all the sign are In English ?

Maybe this will be an eye-opener to employers, make sure the people they hire can speak English.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

This is a reason why legal immigrants had to learn the language. He came her not knowing how to read our language, this is his problem if you ask me.

I agree. there are a lot of people driving and being allowed to drive who have no clue about our signs.