Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Input... Latino's are taking advantage of Senior Americans

My husband and I recently moved from "Mexicali" back to Pa where I am from. Although I have found work, My husband has not. He is a professional and is seeking a job that matches his profession. No luck so far, but in the meantime, he decided that he would start taking advantage of some of the Senior programs that they have out now that help Senior Citizens find jobs. Something to kill time until the right job comes around. He went to our local Career center, which is a part of the unemployment office because they have a program called "Senior Community Service Employment Program" that is funded by the Federal Government. This job requires that you work with non-profit org's, and only at minimum wage. No more than 20 hrs. a week. After filling out all of the paperwork, which took days, they had a job for him "Tutoring" people in "English". Right away we knew it had to be helping undocumented aliens learn English. My husband went back to confirm our thoughts, and we were right. He refused the job, and they offered him another job with the Lupus Foundation. My point is that The Hispanics or Latino's around here are forming their own coalitions and are looking for poor Americans, or people who need extra income to help them . I am sickened by this, offering US minimum wage? To teach them to speak whatever language you want to call it? It's not Spanish, its like Lation Ebonics. Isn't this illegal? Why would our Government do something like this? The US citizens that are bilingual should at least get paid $25.00 an hour to teach the undocumented wouldn't you think? How sick is this? GB wants them to speak english, yet he thinks the Americans who can teach them should get paid minimum wage. What a slap in the face. There is no intention here in this house to teach any undocumented person anything but how to read a map, and get back to where they came from. Thoughts please!

MW
    Isn't this illegal? Why would our Government do something like this? The US citizens that are bilingual should at least get paid $25.00 an hour to teach the undocumented wouldn't you think?
    No, I don't think U.S. citizens should receive $25. an hour to teach illegal aliens English. Here's what I think: every illegal alien should be put on the fast track to deportation. If the federal government know where they're at, why aren't they rounding them up for deportation?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Welcome, Posie.
    I agree that it is a shame to treat our citizens in this way. I am glad you guys sniffed it out and came to the right conclusion. And thanks for not taking the bait. We all have to fight back in our own little ways, by asking for another assignment, your hubby has done so. Good Job!
    Hussein who?

Minimum wage--just another job Americans can't take because it doesn't pay enough. Besides, teaching is not a minimum skilled job. It takes alot of skill to teach a language. Nevertheless, MW is right.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Good for your huband Posie!
    I have worked all my life, I have fought for this country as a US Marine, I have volunteered my time as a fire fighter/EMT, advanced first aid/CPR instructor and K9 search and rescue. I have given my country and my community a lot of my time and skills.
    Now that I am older I can no longer find work that I can even afford to take thanks to all the cheap labor out there.
    So now I just sit out on the border so they can see me and know they are not coming across here!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This is just like companies hiring Visa holders, they get their current employees to teach the foreigners the ropes, then fire the American workers!

Be careful who you teach, what to!
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

MountainDog, what better job could you have then watching your and our backs at the border, maybe this is the job you need right at this time, sorry It doesnt pay much though! I am glad you are there.
    Build the dam fence post haste!