Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Inside WH immig. meeting:Lawmakers dish to reporters READ

THE WHITEBOARD

Inside the W.H. immigration meeting
    Lawmakers -- including Sen. McCain -- dish to reporters on their closed-door session with President Obama.

A group of lawmakers who met with Obama on immigration spoke to reporters after leaving their session with the president. Here's what they had to say:

- Rep. Xavier Becerra (D-Calif.): "A great meeting...We think we can make great progress."

- Sen Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.): "A real shot in the arm...He assured us that he would be very much involved...the left and right are going to have to give in some." More: if immigration reform is not passed this year or early next year, "we may not get to do it in a generation."

- Rep. Lincoln Diaz-Balart (R-Fla.): "I felt this meeting is better than I thought it was going to be," adding that passing reform is "possible." Diaz-Balart said he asked Obama for his help to get a date on the floor this year. "The will is there and I think the votes will be there."

- Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) said he emphasized border violence "and violence spills over into the United States of America." Said he can't support legislation that doesn't include a legal temporary worker program.

- Sen. Mel Martinez (R-Fla.) "It seems to me that the makings of a bill are there...Part of border security is a guest worker program...This is tough stuff." (3:49 p.m.)

http://www.politico.com/politico44/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

TAKE ACTION TO STOP AMNESTY 2009 NOW!!!!!!

http://www.alipac.us/ftopicp-915700.html#915700

Sen Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.): "A real shot in the arm...He assured us that he would be very much involved...the left and right are going to have to give in some." More: if immigration reform is not passed this year or early next year, "we may not get to do it in a generation."

Awwww.....now wouldn't that be a big shame?

Well, have I got news for them.....a generation is a long time and they've got one hell of a long wait coming if the American people have anything to say about it. And boy, do we ever.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

AFTER SPENDING A COMBINED TOTAL OF OVER 30 MINUTES ON HOLD WITH THE WHITE HOUSE, I PRAY THESE GUYS ARE DELUDING THEMSELVES!

ELE

The illegals can't have OUR America!

I think the reason they are trying to push through the hate crimes bill is that they want to arrest any American that dares to say they don't want the illegals on OUR soil. They will cry racist and hateful speech!

The fight has just begun!

PS
    Don't forget we have to gear up to fight the unconstitutional “Cap and EnSlave Tax “they are going to try to push through tomorrow.

- Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) said he emphasized border violence "and violence spills over into the United States of America." Said he can't support legislation that doesn't include a legal temporary worker program.
    Has McCain lost his last marble? What does violence spilling across the border have to do with guest-worker programs, which we already have a load of? A person just needs to apply through proper channels in their home country for a visa--and that is not too much to ask. Any more guest worker visas will just lead to more fraud because there is no entity or method in place to make sure the guest workers ever leave.
    The guest workers that come here now seem to conveniently have anchor babies, so for humanitarian reasons they cannot leave their children behind when they are deported so they are not sent home.
    The whole thing stinks like stagnant sewer water.

Northern California (moved back to fight for our land and freedom)
    It's interesting that at a point in time where we seem to have the most stupid, self-obsessed and crazy batch of politicians we have ever had, we also have the largest group of protesters that are using everything they have available to tell these fools we are not so stupid anymore. WE HAVE THE INTERNET! Thank God, because I'm not sure we could have rallied this much in the 90's.

Divide the idiots and conquer! We can do it!

DAMN THE TORPEDOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    FULL SPEED AHEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vortex
    Has McCain lost his last marble?
    YES!! Sure hope he goes down in flames in next years primary.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowman
    Quote Originally Posted by vortex
    Has McCain lost his last marble?
    YES!! Sure hope he goes down in flames in next years primary.
    The Flames I'm thinking of are down lower than that.