Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

INTERESTING CONVERSATION TODAY

I was getting ready to leave for errands and as I opened the garage down a young lady walked up with a flyer for her house painting business. I asked, "Do you hire illegal immigrates." She said "No." I said I wouldn't allow anyone on my property that was illegal or did not speak fluent English. She assured me that they did not.

I went into what and how we killed the Immigration bill and that it would have cost her, her kids, and grandkids 1.4 Trillion dollars and that is with the illegals putting their portion in the pot. She looked amazed. I told her about the Dream Act and the Ag Jobs amnesty's. I also told her that I was joining a grass roots movement to boycott CA wines. That really got her attention.

She said, if the wine industry doesn't have the "migrant workers" they will go under. I said that's a good possibility, but with Nancy Pelosi and her multi-million dollars in the wine industry and Congressman Mike Thompson heavily involved in the industry and the Co-chair of the Congressional Wine Caucus they are BIG BUSINESS. They aren't working for you and me, they are working for their own cheap labor and you and me paying for the illegals health care, education, and welfare needs. They are riding on our backs for the big profits. It's like a light bulb went on.

I told her about ALIPAC and she said she would look it up. She was worried about the wine industry being hit with a boycott. That tells me she knows a lot more than she let on but she also is going to school and working so I told her, "I know your working and going to school so a lot of this information is probably new to you since you are so busy." She said it was.

Anyway she has lived here all her life so the fear of a boycott is really worrisome to her.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

There is absolutely no reason any wine grower, farmer or any other business cannot enter into an arrangement with the Labor Department of their state to ensure thy hire only legal WORKERS. But that should ONLY be allowed after they have posted their job openings both on an internet job posting site and with the Department of Labor seeking an American Citizen to fill the job openings. They must be required to make a good faith effort first.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

When businesses must operate illegally to survive, they shouldn't be in business. We are a nation of laws, without them America would cease to exist.

I'm boycotting California wine right now. I really didn't realize just how much of the wine in the grocery store is from California until I started this boycott.

Last Friday night, I chose to support my own state's wine. I will again this weekend.
    "We have decided man doesn't need a backbone any more; to have one is old-fashioned. Someday we're going to slip it back on." - William Faulkner

I too have been spreading the word. People either already agree it's a problem or they are pretty clueless about it. Having such a coherent website to give them helps us a lot. I can't repeat all that I've learned here. Hopefully others will get addicted to being informed like I did after finding this site. I can't tell you how many educated people have not heard of the NAU, SPP or NWO. But the info is percolating throughout America. Great Job guys!

Alright GOGO!My ma does the same thing when she has people come to her office to work(cleaning crews,repair companies).
    Why do you think that girl was worried about the wine industry?

Good job, Gogo. She will tell other people and that's how the word gets out.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Senior Member BorderLegionnaire's Avatar
    Great spread the word!!! I try to get it out as much as possible!!! There are people that are thick headed (very thick headed) that don't care or refuse to believe its a problem!!! My family which is liberal (I'm the only Republican!) am starting to get them on the fence on alot of issues and agendas of the Democrats, but also some Republicans too! Most are against the NAU, NAFTA, illegal benefits over the American citizen, and other catastrophes that will destroy this country!!!!

-BorderLegionnaire
    Our country's founders cherished liberty, not democracy.
    -Ron Paul

Thanks guys! Our conversation was easy going and cordial. I never assume someone is the enemy only misinformed or not informed. Like my grandma said, "You catch more flies with honey than vinegar." Like Ravi Zacharias says, "You cut someone's nose off, when you hand them a rose they can't smell it." In other other words, don't go in blasting. Go in softly see if there is a change and hand them the information so they can hold on to it and pass it along.

OH YES, if you are boycotting CA wines, please make sure you call:

Diane Feinstein's office and tell her - 202-224-3841

Barbara Boxer - 202-224-3553
    you might try her LA office 213-894-5000

Mike Thompson 1st Cong Dist. - 202-225-3311
    Napa 707-251-9800

Thanks for your support. Don't forget Aussie wines, and German wines are good too. I love Christofels Riesling yummmmmmmmmm (German)

GoGo said:

Thanks for your support. Don't forget Aussie wines, and German wines are good too. I love Christofels Riesling yummmmmmmmmm (German)
    I was going to say, "Oregon wines are very good, too," but then I realized that the same issue is likely true. Here in Southern Oregon, it may not be a problem (or I just haven't heard about it) but north and thru the Willamette Valley I think it is.

American Elizabeth--what is your read on the use of ill aliens in the vineyards nearer to you?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast