Thread: Iowa needs help

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Iowa needs help

I wanted to make all of you aware of the talk about Iowa's Governor Branstad's consideration for Vice President of the U.S. This man has run a Sanctuary state here in Iowa. He has done absolutely nothing to enforce Immigration laws. Illegal Immigrants have decimated the contruction trades, taking jobs from A-Z, and driving down wages of jobs Americans DO want. We have tried for the last 9 years to rid this state of illegals that are embedded in large agricultural operations and the meat packing industry. Please express your concerns about his nomination.

Where is this talk coming from? Do you have a link to a news story or something like that?
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

Bob Dole floats idea of Iowa Gov. Branstad for VP

By Catalina Camia, USA TODAY
    Updated 6d 9h ago

Republican Terry Branstad is the longest-serving governor in Iowa's history.

CAPTION
    By Charlie Neibergall, AP

Iowa Gov. Terry Branstad says he's "flattered," but he doesn't want to be considered for vice president.The Des Moines Register reports 1996 GOP presidential nominee Bob Dole broached the idea of Branstad as No. 2 on the ticket. Dole reportedly called Branstad this weekend to let him know he would be endorsing Mitt Romney for president, and said he'd like to recommend Iowa's governor as a possible running mate.

"I said, 'I'm not interested,' " Branstad is quoted as saying in The Register. "I was flattered, and said, 'That's not something I ever even thought of.' "

Iowa kicks off the 2012 presidential election with caucuses on Jan. 3.

Branstad was something of a "comeback kid" in 2010 when he defeated Democratic incumbent Chet Culver to win the governorship. It's a job Branstad previously held from 1983 to 1999.

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...nt-bob-dole-/1

Who's gonna pick this guy?
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn