Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I've NEVER Seen The American People So Angry As Today

9/11 wasn't caused by Americans, it was caused by people from other countries who were in our country illegally.

The American people hearing our National Anthem in Spanish was caused by an American, and American who has become a TRAITOR to OUR country!

Today is a result of George Bush's FAILURE to uphold and protect the sovereignty of OUR nation !!

He might as well have gone to Arlington National Cemetary and SPIT on the graves of those who fought and died for our freedom and our rights as United States Citizens !!

Enough is enough !! WE REFUSE to accept this any longer. It no longer matters whether or not George Walker Bush acknowledges OUR voices anymore.

All that matters is that WE HEAR EACH OTHER, THAT WE STAY UNITED, and THAT WE STAY DETERMINED in OUR goal to fight for what is RIGHT for OUR country.

Remember the statue of Saddam Hussein when the soldiers and Iraqi's pulled it down and the whole world watched it crumble ?

Now the whole world is watching as George Bush comes tumbling down in slow motion and crumbles right before our very eyes, just like his arch enemy did.

Whether we call ourselves Republicans or Democrats or Independents it doesn't matter. Past history shows that in our darkest hours we just prefer to call ourselves "AMERICANS".

George Bush, you have met your match right here in your own country.
    And it's about time.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The Star Spangled Banner history:
    http://www.niehs.nih.gov/kids/lyrics/spangle.htm

History: In 1814, about a week after the city of Washington had been badly burned, British troops moved up to the primary port at Baltimore Harbor in Maryland. Frances Scott Key visited the British fleet in the Harbor on September 13th to secure the release of Dr. William Beanes who had been captured during the Washington raid. The two were detained on the ship so as not to warn the Americans while the Royal Navy attempted to bombard Fort McHenry. At dawn on the 14th, Key noted that the huge American flag, which now hangs in the Smithsonian's American History Museum, was still waving and had not been removed in defeat. The sight inspired him to write a poem entitled Defense of Fort McHenry; later the poem was set to music that had been previously composed by a Mr. Smith. The song was immediately noted as an inspiring song that should be the national anthem of the United States of America. It was accepted as such by public demand for the next century or so, but became even more accepted as the national anthem during the World Series of Baseball in 1917 when it was sung in honor of the brave armed forces fighting in the Great War. The World Series performance moved everyone in attendance, and after that it was repeated for every game. Finally, on March 3, 1931, the American Congress proclaimed it as the national anthem, 116 years after it was first written.
    "My ancestors gave their life for America, the least I can do is fight to preserve the rights they died for"

a lot has happened and changed in this country since the writing of the ''Star Spangled Banner'

The Price of Patriotism

David Alan Black

Our national anthem, The Star Spangled Banner, was written by Francis Scott Key during the British attack on Fort McHenry on September 13, 1814. The British bombardment, which continued for 25 hours, involved 1,500 bombshells that weighed as much as 220 pounds and carried lighted fuses that would cause them to blow up when they reached their target. Not being very dependable, the bombs often exploded in midair.

The Flag Is Full Of Stars

Key watched the battle with apprehension, knowing that as long as the shelling continued, Fort McHenry had not surrendered. Long before daylight there came a sudden and mysterious silence. What Key did not know was that the British attack had been abandoned, the attackers judging Baltimore as being too costly a prize.

In the predawn darkness, Key waited for the sight that would end his anxiety: the sight of Fort Henry’s great flag blowing in the breeze. When at last daylight came, the flag was still there!

Forty-seven years later, Francis Scott Key’s grandson would be arrested by order of President Abraham Lincoln. Lincoln’s suspension of the writ of habeas corpus on April 27, 1861, was based upon his conviction that any person not unconditionally supportive of the war against the South was guilty of treason. In a classic example of political jabberwocky, Lincoln stated, “Arrests by process of courts and arrests in cases of rebellion do not proceed altogether upon the same basis. In the latter case the arrests are made not so much for what has been done, as for what probably would be done.” In other words, what a person might do could now get him arrested by federal authorities!

Because Maryland’s sympathies were with the South, Lincoln interceded to make sure it wouldn’t pass an ordinance of secession. He had Maryland legislators arrested, along with other leading citizens, including newspaper publishers. One of those imprisoned was Francis Key Howard, the editor of the Baltimore Exchange. As he sat imprisoned in Fort McHenry, Howard penned the following words. Ironically, the date was September 13, 1861.

When I looked out in the morning, I could not help being struck by an odd and not pleasant coincidence. On that day, forty-seven years before, my grandfather, Mr. F. S. Key, the prisoner on a British ship, had witnessed the bombardment of Ft. McHenry. When on the following morning the hospital fleet drew off, defeated, he wrote the song so long popular throughout the country, the “Star Spangled Banner.” As I stood upon the very scene of that conflict, I could not but contrast my position with his, forty-seven years before. The flag which he had then so proudly hailed, I saw waving at the same place over the victims of as vulgar and brutal a despotism as modern times have witnessed.

Later, Howard was removed from Fort McHenry to the casemate prison at Fortress Monroe, imprisoned because the federal government “had in its possession ample evidence of the fact, that all who had been arrested had in some way violated the laws.” After further imprisonments in Fort Lafayette in New York Harbor and Fort Warren in Boston, Howard was finally released on November 27, 1862. Upon his discharge from prison, he wrote these powerful words: “We came out of prison just as we had gone in, holding the same just scorn and detestation [for] the despotism under which the country was prostrate, and with a stronger resolution that ever to oppose it by every means to which, as American freemen, we had the right to resort.”

Four months before being discovered and deported to a Nazi concentration camp, Anne Frank wrote in her now famous diary: “I want to go on living even after my death.” Anne Frank wanted to make a lasting difference in her world. As we see the storms of despotism arise in our nation, we, too, must see the importance of being concerned and involved.

I believe every follower of Jesus Christ who values liberty must be responsible to do something. I also suggest that every believer in Jesus Christ must stand up for faithfulness to Scripture, for the founding principles of this nation, and for obedience to Christ’s call to resist the oppressors and destroyers of this age. Doing something, even if it feels hopeless or seems insignificant, is better than doing nothing at all. We are commissioned by our Lord onto the streets, footpaths, and byways of the world to minister to the whole person, whoever he or she may be.

September 16, 2003

David Alan Black is the editor of www.daveblackonline.com.

http://www.daveblackonline.com/price_of_patriotism.htm
    ---------

"One of those imprisoned for fourteen months for simply questioning the unconstitutional suspension of habeas corpus was Francis Key Howard, the grandson of Francis Scott Key and editor of the Baltimore Exchange newspaper. In response to an editorial in his newspaper that was critical of the fact that the Lincoln administration had imprisoned without due process the mayor of Baltimore, Congressman Henry May, and some twenty members of the Maryland legislature, he was imprisoned near the very spot where his grandfather composed the Star Spangled Banner. After his release, he noted the deep irony of his grandfather’s beloved flag flying over "the victims of as vulgar and brutal a despotism as modern times have witnessed" (John Marshall, American Bastile, pp. 645–646).

. . . . After his release, Francis Key Howard wrote a book about his experiences entitled Fourteen Months in American Bastilles in which he described daily life as "a constant agony, the jailers as modified monsters and the government as an unfeeling persecutor which took delight in abusing its political prisoners" (Sprague, p. 284). In his defense and whitewashing of Lincoln’s civil liberties abuses even Lincoln apologist Mark Neely, Jr., author of The Fate of Liberty, noted that in Fort Lafayette and in other dungeons where political prisoners where held, "Handcuffs and hanging by the wrists were rare [but not nonexistent], but in the summer of 1863 the army had developed a water torture that came to be used routinely" (p. 110). . . .

http://www.lewrockwell.com/dilorenzo/dilorenzo79.html
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

Considering the history of our National Anthem, the whole idea of the Spanish version is more SINISTER than one might think at first glance:

MIAMI — British music producer Adam Kidron says that when he came up with the idea of a Spanish-language version of the U.S. national anthem, he saw it as an ode to the millions of immigrants seeking a better life.
    http://www.wcnc.com/news/topstories/sto ... a6da7.html

the American people might be complacent about pushing 1 for English or 2 for Spanish, but having the the Star Spangled Banner sang in Spanish might just be the last straw -- it is very clear there is a relentless attempt by OUR President and OUR Senate, as allies to illegals, to overthrow the citizens and the states
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

After all I have heard today in the media between the president trying to be on our side (not) just to cover his butt and the national anthem in spanish with the words changed to suit illegals, I am beside myself
    Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by lsmith1338
    After all I have heard today in the media between the president trying to be on our side (not) just to cover his butt and the national anthem in spanish with the words changed to suit illegals, I am beside myself
    when that Mexican convoy came across the border following Katrina, I had to start taking b/p pills and was so upset I had to quit the board. I only saw for a minute Bush's statements about the anthem and I haven't seen much else about it

You know what Mamie if it makes you ill, maybe you should not watch it. For me I am so angry I do not know what to do with myself, fortunately it does not make me ill (yet), so I need to find an outlet for my rage.
    Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

If anything good will come out of it, it is the bland Americn who wants to ignore this issue, hoping it will resolve itself hearing this. Less than a month ago the Aztaln/LaRaza info any of us were trying to put out to the public was deemed radical extremist crap.

I bet alot of those who thought that about us, are now of a different mind and opinion...... Poor working people who just want to make a better life do not produce their own version of another countries anthem. I wish I could tell them "I told ya so"

Quote Originally Posted by Jezzabell
    If anything good will come out of it, it is the bland Americn who wants to ignore this issue, hoping it will resolve itself hearing this. Less than a month ago the Aztaln/LaRaza info any of us were trying to put out to the public was deemed radical extremist crap.

I bet alot of those who thought that about us, are now of a different mind and opinion...... Poor working people who just want to make a better life do not produce their own version of another countries anthem. I wish I could tell them "I told ya so"

Could not have said that better myself!!! I am still on the information fight. Seems most want to ignore it...but I am now bringing them into my neighborhood for lunch which seems to put a dose of reality into them.
    <div>"You know your country is dying when you have to make a distinction between what is moral and ethical, and what is legal." -- John De Armond</div>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast