Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

NOMORE
    there is part of the problem. Their people, my people, this people and that people. Everyone separating themselves rather than coming together as Americans with a common goal. The opportunity to LEGALLY grab a brass ring in the greatest, most open society on the planet.

Patuwey..........We're Americans and this is an American problem.
    Those that pull that "MY PEOPLE" crap are a part of the problem - not a part of the solution.

Thanx for explaining what you've experienced. Puts your post in a different light.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndamendsis
    NOMORE
    there is part of the problem. Their people, my people, this people and that people. Everyone separating themselves rather than coming together as Americans with a common goal. The opportunity to LEGALLY grab a brass ring in the greatest, most open society on the planet.

Those that pull that "MY PEOPLE" crap are a part of the problem - not a part of the solution.

Thanx for explaining what you've experienced. Puts your post in a different light.
    I don't know if you have ever been to Chicago or not, but if you haven't it is a very diverse and interesting city. It is odd in that everyone is intermixed yet they also like to have their own neighbors...Greek town, Little Italy, China Town. Generally speaking, we don't have problems because most people respect each others cultures. Even though there are many ethnic neighborhoods, I would also say that they are some of the most patriotic people you will ever want to meet. Hiring on the other hand is a different story in our area, and companies are very conscious about hiring minorities. Is it like that where you live? I actually had a friend who was hired for an office job, and then unhired, because corporate made them hire a minority. That is just how it goes.

Neese; it was the same way in Toronto, Canada when I worked there years ago. As for Chicago, I was at the criminal justice conference there in 2005. It was at the Sheraton Hotel near Navy Pier. I had lots of fun at Dick's Last Resort and my name is on the walls there. The food was excellant at the Fox and Oxbow (I'm not sure if that is correct). These were within walking distance of the hotel.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I am down to just about eating only in my wife's kitchen, and on occasion at Sonic, the ones I frequent have all bonified American teenagers, please does anyone know about Sonic? I hope they are ok as I just love their Dr.Peppers, they have the best!
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Quote Originally Posted by Neese
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndamendsis
    NOMORE

I don't know if you have ever been to Chicago or not, but if you haven't it is a very diverse and interesting city. It is odd in that everyone is intermixed yet they also like to have their own neighbors...Greek town, Little Italy, China Town. Generally speaking, we don't have problems because most people respect each others cultures. Even though there are many ethnic neighborhoods, I would also say that they are some of the most patriotic people you will ever want to meet. Hiring on the other hand is a different story in our area, and companies are very conscious about hiring minorities. Is it like that where you live? I actually had a friend who was hired for an office job, and then unhired, because corporate made them hire a minority. That is just how it goes.
    Yup, been to Chicago, Neese.

No different than NY or the major NJ cities or many urban areas around the country. There are areas of the cities where everyone gets along and areas where they do not and isolate themselves.

However, when we have leaders dividing our people, especially the uneducated people, it divides Americans and everything becomes "my people" instead of my America. It's hit such a high crecendo now that it's taken the joy away from experiencing many of the little unique, cultural enclaves in many of those areas. Rather than going into a little store and being welcomed, many places are blatantly unaccepting of Americans of another culture or race.

I've lived it, experience it often and personally, it rubs me the wrong way.

As far as a corporation and their hiring practices, it was very likely due to unfair law. If not, it should never have happened. I don't buy the "that's the way it is" anymore and haven't for a very long time. We've come to far for that hogwash. People should be hired by their ability and not their color or race or ethnicity. And Americans should be hired before any other. I've seen too much reverse discrimination in this tri-state area. It's breaking down our country and giving more license for ILLEGALS to circumvent the law without fear of repercussions.

It all goes hand in hand in creating the devastating atmosphere we are experiencing now. And it's opened the gates for every bogus organization, such as la raza and their ilk, to do their dirty deeds.

Just as I finished this the picture of Al Sharpton popped into my mind. He's a very good example of a 'leader' that helps to divide people. We're lucky enough up here to have a glimpse of him on a weekly basis

my 2 cents

This boycott won't be a problem for me. I don't eat fast food for more reasons than one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12