Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

JC Penny credit card?

There was posting here a while back about a JC Penny in California that wanted bi-lingual employees only. Well, let me tell you what happened with my wife at our local JC Penny here in Colorado.

Nothing unusual really for she went to pay for something and was offerred a %10 discount if she applied for a JC Penny Credit card. She did and she got one in the mail. However, the whole damn thing was in Spanish. Information etc. Almost nothing in English. Now, she is legal, my wife, but she has no credit history. The card limit was only $800 BUT I remember back in the 80's when I could not a credit card to save my soul! So, I have to ask, how many ILLEGALS with false papers are being given credit cards? When I have gone to the Catholic masses in Spanish and I see "Juan" drive up in a $30,000 pick up truck and alligator boots worth $1,000 did he get this on credit as an illegal? Somebody told me that no legal adult can be denied initial credit? Is this true? My wife is making the MINUMUM wage! $7.25 an hour. She needs a credit card like a need a hole in my head!

Then there are the illegals two houses down from us who bought the house for $190,000. (WE live about 7 miles from a ICE detention facility!) It was in the Denver Post in their home sales section they print every few weeks. My wife told my wife (Spanish) that the woman admitted that they were "illegal". Who gave them the loan? Then of course the local Wells Fargo bank has gone totally bi-lingual. I speak Spanish but I don't like it! How many of the banks in Mexico have gone to English? Free trade and NAFTA is so good where are the jobs for us in Mexico? Canada?
    As a bi-lingual male anglo I looked for a job paying $50,000 a year in Latin America with benefits and I could not find any? I can teach English for $6 an hour in Guatemala and you know what? I am so sick and tired of people who tell me that you can live better in some latin countries than in the US. This used to be true but the eroding dollar has killed this and hey Mexico is not cheap! Can you tell me where a poor non Spanish speaking Amnerican can find gainful employment in Canada or Mexico thanks to NAFTA? Then the Air Force gives a major military contract to Airbus and France? European economic stimulus package courtesy of the US taxpayer! Free trade is good says the politicos...good for who? Illegals can come here and get jobs and buy homes and go to our schools and get health care, food stamps for their anchor kids, health care...I see nothing for we Americans in my travels to Mexico, Colombia, Guatemala, Ecuador, Panama , Dominican Republic, Argentina, Honduras, Costa Rica, Venezuela.....Americans do live there in those countries but we arrive with wealth (pensions etc) and what do those governments do for us Americans? (Much less their own people!) Where are the jobs in Canada for we Americans? Anyone seen a job posting for an American in Canada? Lots of factories in Ontario do the Canadians want us? You get my point! Our government in Washington tells us how good free trade is for American citizens. How? Where? How many American students are studying in Mexico with the Mexican government picking up the tab? How many would be NON Hispanic American citizens?

Maybe I am wrong? I have lots of questions? Anybody have any answers?

Anyone notice how the new US currency has a red tint to it? Seems as though the Candian and Mexican pesos I saw were this color? They ain't green backs anymore from what I can see? Is it only I who has noticed this? The head of the treasury is a Hispanic with parents from Mexico I think....no, it is just my imagination...maybe..?

So yes, get your JC Penny card in SPANISH in the mail right here in America.

BTW We cancelled the account. Credit cards are a rip off and is another reason why this country is headed for a great economic fall. But the rich will put it on our backs! Buying on credit is a false economy! The government and the private citizens have got to stop this!

I have been to Latin America from where these illegals come. I speak the language. Free trade? Something is wrong. Really wrong! What happened to all those great jobs in Mexico that was going to keep the people in Mexico? Lou Dobbs gets it but the politicians think everything is just nifty.

Get your JC Penny credit card in Spanish today! No credit history or disposable income required! No faltes as we say in Spanish! Sorry for the diatribe but you know...

I have been feeling so proud of the efforts of Alabama's politicians in our fight. Then -- I went to an Alabama State park and, you guessed it, signs in Spanish all over the place! I'm contacting all the policicians I have been congratulating (including Governor Riley) to give them an ear full. If we didn't make them all so D___ welcome, we might get rid of a few of 'em.

Yep.....bi-lingual, must speak Spansh, English optional is going strong here as well. Went into a new Wal-Mart and had to get a manager to get a pound of Bologna at the deli.....no one spoke English. Can't think of any country in the world where I could go and get away with that and get a job. Heck I'm a citizen and can't because of the Spanish problem.

I remember the 80's and credit.....remember not being able to write a check without a photo ID, SS#, and 3 other forms of identification too. 2 credit cards and maybe a military ID or college ID. Hard time getting a checking account without a 500 minimum deposit and a ton of fees. I don't know how it's so easy anymore. My daughter opened her first checking account with money she got for her highschool graduation.....wasn't even working then and they gave her a Visa I think....granted only for 500 bucks but not even employed and they gave it to her. I remember struggling for years getting out of debt with the credit cards and won't take one now. I keep wondering if it's a wise move.....but the endless calls and threats I can't forget and just glad to be out of that nightmare. If I don't have the cash.....I don't get it.

There's a definate catering to the Spanish speaking population and for people who are illegal and supposidly working for dirt.....they sure manage some full carts and live in nice houses. They're either lying through their teeth or eyeball deep in debt. Thing is....all they have to do is head home and nothing else is done and we're stuck with the downfall of it all.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"crazybird"]Yep.....bi-lingual, must speak Spansh, English optional is going strong here as well. Went into a new Wal-Mart and had to get a manager to get a pound of Bologna at the deli.....no one spoke English. Can't think of any country in the world where I could go and get away with that and get a job. Heck I'm a citizen and can't because of the Spanish problem.
    People need to complain at the top of their lungs. I would keep talking in English untill they got an American to come. If everyone did it, it would overwhelm the places, one at a time...
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

Alipacdude, for whatever it's worth, i don't think that you're wrong and you wrote an excellent commentary on contemporary American life -- or what is left of American life, anyway.

Although, I've never heard anything about lending agencies being required to provide initial credit to any legal adult. There is a whole raft of items that lenders can't discriminate on, including welfare income; but, I think as long as there is not discrimination based on any of those things then credit can be granted or denied as they see fit. (But who knows for sure what crazy requirements have been imposed by our government agencies -- not even necessarily our elected lawmakers.)

I did look at the JCPenny credt card application on their website. At least there the majority of information (not all) is in English, unless you click on "aplique ahora", then, of course, nothing is in English. It looks like JCPenny credit cards are issued by "GE Money Bank", which I assume is a subsidiary of General Electric, another sell-out America first company. With a 25% interest rate, I can see why they are pushing these cards; they probably make a good return even with a potentially high default rate.

It looks like the greedy mortgage lenders have been loaning just about anything to anybody -- including illegal aliens who were so undocumented that jobs and income were just made up out of thin air. What's even more outrageous are the government policies making responsible citizens bail out both the lenders and borrowers so that they are rewarded for their own stupidity and greed rather than suffer the consequences themselves. If we don't do it overtly, we'll continue to do it more subtlety with the lowering of interest rates, the devaluing of the dollar, and by borrowing from foreign governments and selling America to foreign governments. The way things are going the currency won't be worth enough that the color of it will matter all that much.

It's hard to understand and sad that the American people have become so dumbed down. I was talking to somebody a couple of days ago and mentioned how much more stupid and irresponsible the population seems today than it was 20-30 years ago. It used to be that we were mostly a population of at least somewhat responsible critical thinkers that cared something about the future. Now, all we seem to be is a bunch of indoctrinated fools worshiping "the economy" as if it were a God and/or treating any, all, and unlimited immigration as if it were the national religion. I fear that the only thing short of civil war that may save this country (and maybe even most of the planet too) is an economic downturn severe enough to knock us back into reality and the use of a little common sense. Hopefully, there are still enough Americans left who care enough to make a positive difference, but they will have to stand up to the loud-mouth fools who appear to be the majority (but probably aren't).

It looks like JCPenny credit cards are issued by "GE Money Bank", which I assume is a subsidiary of General Electric, another sell-out America first company.
    Ge is one of those SPP companies!
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

When I still lived in California, I took a test for the County of Los Angeles....I wanted a job with fantastic benefits...I scored 95% on this hard test....I could not be hired because I was not bilingual Spanish....so they probably hired an illegal who scored 50 on the test....
    The difference between an immigrant and an illegal alien is the equivalent of the difference between a burglar and a houseguest. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by grandmasmad
    When I still lived in California, I took a test for the County of Los Angeles....I wanted a job with fantastic benefits...I scored 95% on this hard test....I could not be hired because I was not bilingual Spanish....so they probably hired an illegal who scored 50 on the test....
    I've heard you need to be careful doing to well on those test. If you do real good they figure it won't be long until you find something better.

AE

There is a man my husband works with, he is legally here from Mexico, and was talking one day to my husband about credit cards.

He flopped open his wallet and it was like something you would have seen in a credit counseling commercial. They just rolled out, he had about 8 my husband said.

He admitted that he uses his cards for all purchases. Both he and his wife work, she makes about $8.00 hourly and he is at about $10.00 hourly, and they are simply in debt up to their eyeballs, he figured about $40,000.00in debt!!

So yes, I think most are in heavy debt. I think they see it as free money and a way to live that better life.

The truth in that is that when they get deported (and they will), that burden of defaulted loans, will fall on the backs of the average Americans. We will pay for it through higher interest rates, and also in government bailouts, because we all know when that starts being a problem, illegals leaving their debts behind after deportation, our government will then bail out these irresponsible companies, and out tax dollars will go to pay those companies for "their losses".

alipacdude, you are in good company, these are issues that all of us have faced , especially when we first came here, it was like a wall of anger had built up from what we have witnessed and when there is finally an outlet for it, it all comes pouring out.
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€