Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Jeff Sessions’ tasteless family separation joke draws Twitter’s wrath

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MW

Jeff Sessions’ tasteless family separation joke draws Twitter’s wrath

The left is going completely bonkers ........

Jeff Sessions’ tasteless family separation joke draws Twitter’s wrath

Andrew Wyrich
    June 27 at 6:26AM

Chelsea Clinton called the reaction to the joke an example of ‘indecency and incivility.’

Attorney General Jeff Sessions was blasted online after he joked about people who disagree with President Donald Trump administration’s policy of separating undocumented immigrant children from their families.

Sessions made the joke while making a speech before the Criminal Justice Legal Foundation on Tuesday, the Hill reports. The attorney general tried to joke about the “hypocrisy” among those who disagree with the practices of the Trump administration’s “zero tolerance” immigration policy.
    “The rhetoric we hear from the other side on this issue, as on many others, has become radicalized. We hear views on television today that are on the lunatic fringe, frankly,” the attorney general said, before setting up his joke. “And what is perhaps more galling is the hypocrisy. These same people live in gated communities, many of them, and are featured at events where you have to have an ID to even come in and hear them speak. They like a little security around themselves.”

Then, he cracked his joke:

“And if you try to scale the fence, believe me, they’d be even too happy to have you arrested and separated from your children,” he said, as the crowd clapped. “They want borders in their lives, but not in yours. Not in the American people’s lives.”

The Trump administration has been fiercely criticized in recent weeks for as stories, audio, and video has come out showcasing how undocumented children have been separated from their families at centers along the southern border of the United States.

As the calls of protest grew louder, the president signed an executive orderdirecting agencies to end the practice that his administration was enforcing.

Robert Maguire
    @RobertMaguire_

Here's Attorney General Jeff Sessions making a joke today about separating families (to laughter and applause)
    5:50 PM - Jun 26, 2018

Twitter Ads info and privacy

Several high-profile personalities slammed the attorney general for his joke.

MSNBC host Mika Brzezinski said the remarks were “just not funny,” and added that it was “chilling” that people laughed and clapped at it, Raw Story reported.

Chelsea Clinton said the reaction to the attorney general’s joke was a sign of “indecency and incivility.”

Sessions’ joke also didn’t go over well online.

Zerlina Maxwell
    @ZerlinaMaxwell

Jeff Sessions just made a joke about baby jails in case you wanted to know how that civility debate is going.

4:54 PM - Jun 26, 2018

Matt Murphy@MattMurph24

Jeff Sessions calling Democrats "radicalized" and cracking jokes about separating kids from families. **** this racist scumbag.
    4:53 PM - Jun 26, 2018

Menotu1970@menotu1970

Just saw deplorable Jeff Sessions making jokes about abusing and traumatizing children. @realDonaldTrump liked it too I'm sure. #WhereAreTheChidren #TrumpCamps #doj
    8:27 AM - Jun 27, 2018

#TheCaseAgainst45@SSDRXL

In case you were wondering how the civility debate is going, Jeff Sessions made a joke about baby jails.

The audience laughed at the joke about children being held in concentration camps, just in case you were wondering how the civility debate is going.
    9:43 AM - Jun 27, 2018

Dora Alvarez@DoraAlv66955247

Attorney General Jeff Sessions jokes about separating parents from their children and their are people clapping for him, WHITE OLD MEN CLAPPING AND LAUGHING. This is not a laughing matter, children still crying for parents. We need to vote this horrible men out.
    8:51 AM - Jun 27, 2018

snowflakelibtard@payne_tammi

So Jeff Sessions thinks it’s funny we’re ripping babies from their mothers arms. Please Republicans NEVER tell me how your morally superior to Dems again. Every one of you that’s cool with cruelty then to rub it in and then makes jokes can burn in Hell. I’ve got nothing for you!
    6:41 AM - Jun 27, 2018 · Kentucky, USA

https://www.dailydot.com/layer8/jeff-sessions-joke-separated-families/

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Then, he cracked his joke:

“And if you try to scale the fence, believe me, they’d be even too happy to have you arrested and separated from your children,” he said, as the crowd clapped. “They want borders in their lives, but not in yours. Not in the American people’s lives.”
    Nowhere in the joke was a there a mention of "baby jails".

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    Nowhere in the joke was a there a mention of "baby jails".
    I know! I read it and thought where is baby mentioned, read it 3 times and no mention of baby.

I didn't even see a joke. All I saw was the truth!

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by stoptheinvaders View Post
    I know! I read it and thought where is baby mentioned, read it 3 times and no mention of baby.

I didn't even see a joke. All I saw was the truth!
    Yep, that's why I say the left has gone completely bonkers. You know they're desperate when they just start making stuff up out of the blue.

How about how offended, discouraged, insulted, furious, outraged, taken advantaged of and every other bad way their illegal presence makes us CITIZENS feel. NEWSFLASH - we have feelings too. Their welfare is no concern of ours. I COULD NOT CARE LESS ABOUT HOW THEY FEEL! JUST START DEPORTING THEM ALL ASAP!!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It is OK for all these so-called late-night comedians to make jokes about Trump and his smelly deplorable supporters ad nauseam but whatever we do don't offend the invaders or their supporters. BS. If I said what I really feel, the FBI would come down on me!!! I, for one, could not care less about how offended they are.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

OK for vulgar Chelsea Handler, Peter Fonda, Madonna, Alec Baldwin, Robert DiNiro and Hollywood to spew their hate!
    ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL