Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by draindog
    ...mabey even call the cops.
    If you called the cops you would get slapped with a "racial discrimation lawsuit" and MS-13 gang bangers would start watching your house...

Re: Jobs Americans won’t do?

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpious
    The whole lot of them are then housed in a single location where they eat and sleep while they work at the local car wash or factory during the day.

That is what they do to Indian technical workers imported into the US. Promise a great employment opportunity then get forced to live 12 to an apartment (many poor Indians traditionally do not bathe at all) and are victimized by various payroll scams such as missing paychecks and "fees" taken out, just like laborers at a company store in the 1800's.

Quote Originally Posted by millere
    Quote Originally Posted by draindog
    ...mabey even call the cops.
    If you called the cops you would get slapped with a "racial discrimation lawsuit" and MS-13 gang bangers would start watching your house...
    mchenry county jail is the deprtation hub for the area, and i know the LEO dont play paddy cake with aliens here, besides, im the one doing the "watching" , this area isnt anywhere as bad as bangers have a foothold. i dare and encourage "bangers"to watch MY house. that is just a plain flat joke.

Quote Originally Posted by millere
    When I was alot younger I did work on cherry farms during the harvest. Even though the pay was poor it was still a great way to earn money for college during the summer break and I got great exercise and learned the value of working as hard as you can simply because you can do it. We worked sometimes 20 hours a day but that came back in the form of huge overtime pay on my paycheck (not the "temp work" agencies who lie and scam you about the money you are going to make). The fresh cherries I got to eat were really good for my health so I felt like I was being paid more than just money and the land I worked on was in some of the most beautiful lakeside Michigan areas.

Now days I don't think we would be allowed to do that. After all, sellout John McCain says that we won't.
    Traverse City, Michigan.

I was born and raised 50 mi's south of TC.
    ------------------------

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    excaligirl, in Washington, I am sure there will be plenty of U-Pick places in spring (usually the NW season is in later June). However, down here in NW Oregon, it was always our specialty, strawberries ("Hoods" they are called, and highly perishable), but many other kinds of berries.

Depending on where you are in Washington, you can go to the Cascades, at higher elevations, you will find huckleberries (wild form of blueberries), and of course in the lush valleys you will find wild blackberries, all for free.

Try for some fresh apples by taking a trip over to the Wenatchee area. Right outside of Leavenworth is Peshastin, and the one we like is on the main highway, a nice big fruit stand with the orchards right behind.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Americans are so desperate at this point, they've be glad to pick anything, other than they're noses."yuck!''booger berries. Sorry! I'm afflicted.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    Memory lane was nice, some posts really made me smile.
    Cleaning pools, landscaping, and construction made me lots of money
    in the seventy's and eighty's.
    And thanks ExCaliGal, those jobs also introduced me to a bunch of
    Hot-ties.
    Man, building apartments in Tempe,AZ near ASU. Oh baby.
    After a long hot day of pounding nails with a 28 oz Vaughn.
    It was red hot woman and Ice cold beer!
    And to all the beautiful ASU gals resting their heads now in those same apartments.. Sleep well. Cause your home was quality made by 100 percent
    American Men. Fact.

So true, pay someone decently and treat them with respect, and they will do almost any job.

I have always told my kids that almost no job (except ones that require indeceny or criminal behavior) is beneath them, and there is no shame in doing the dirty grunt work, so long as you are honest and work hard.

Many summers as a kid picking berries for money, then the state stepped in and decided it was bad for kids to work in the fields and took that from us, and handed it over to illegal aliens. Now teens under legal working age, have little to do, and some use that time to get into trouble.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    It is the BS political correctness, progressive economic suicide idiots
    that want Americans to sit idle and stagnate.
    I started paying FDIC and SSI when I was 12 dish washing at a local
    golf resort.
    Shame? what shame? Shame is a spoiled brat mentality that being
    productive in any way shape or form is shameful. HOGWASH!
    I do not care if your 49 years old an you tell me you clean toilets
    40 hrs a week and wash dishes at Denny's on the weekends.
    I respect you! There is no shame in doing any kind of work!
    No matter who you are, what your family or friends do. How much
    they make.
    If you are working you stand proud. I am proud of you!
    Jesus Christ, America, taking unemployment because your ashamed to dig ditches,wash dishes, or pick food is shameful.
    So you made 100 K 5 years ago turning houses or whatever.
    Been on WELFARE OR USING GOVERNMENT ASSISTANCE PROGRAMS
    WAITING FOR YOUR "SHAMELESS" CAREER TO REEMERGE!
    Well I Can't Afford You Any longer.
    An American still "Doing the jobs Americans Wont do".
    Part of the solution. Fact.

Airdale, AMEN! I get tired of people acting like they can't take any job when they are unemployed. I can surely understand the struggle less pay can bring, I can understand the struggle when you have kids and have terribly conflicting hours (say single mothers being asked to work nights, etc..) but if you really want to be admired, you will do what it takes to support yourself and your family.

How many people have parents and/or grandparents who worked through the depression? How many times you would hear how hard they worked when jobs were harder to come by, and the grueling work they did in order to keep themselves housed and fed. Those people were admired for their willingness to do what ever it took, and it is a great loss that we see so few with that same work ethic.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast