Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Joseph Farah: MR. CRUZ GOES TO WASHINGTON senator's speech challenging GOP Hacks

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Joseph Farah: MR. CRUZ GOES TO WASHINGTON senator's speech challenging GOP Hacks

BETWEEN THE LINES

MR. CRUZ GOES TO WASHINGTON

Exclusive: Joseph Farah was buoyed by senator's speech challenging 'the party hacks'

Published: 20 hours ago JOSEPH FARAH
    Video at the Page Link:

I can’t even tell you how many hours I watched Sen. Ted Cruz during his heroic marathon performance in the U.S. Senate doing battle with one of the most evil, misguided and destructive pieces of legislation ever introduced and passed in Congress – Obamacare.

It was spellbinding.

Who could imagine that watching a senator talk for hours on end would be so … riveting?
    It was impassioned.

It was brilliant, inspired, and I’m running out of superlatives.

Most of it was clearly unscripted. There was no teleprompter feeding him his lines. His message came right from the heart – and, in contrast to the emotionalism that guided those who passed this legislation in the first place, it came from his brain.
    If only we had 50 more senators like Ted Cruz. If only we had 10!

Experience more of Joseph Farah’s no-nonsense truth-telling in his books, audio and video products, featured in the WND Superstore

I listened to this man for hour after hour. I never heard one thing he said with which I could find disagreement.

It was eloquent and prolific common sense.

It was long-form spontaneous brilliance.

Yes, I am a fan.

He pulled no punches – skewering the establishment Republicans in both the House and Senate along with the intellectually dishonest and morally bankrupt Democrats.

Did he change any minds on the Hill?

Who knows? Time will tell. But his plea was reminiscent of Jimmy Stewart in “Mr. Smith Goes to Washington.” And we all know how that worked out.

Just like Mr. Smith, Mr. Cruz didn’t back down. He didn’t capitulate to the leadership of either party. He didn’t follow the rules of the “establishment.” He appealed directly to the people.

Will the people deluge their senators and representatives? Were they watching like I was? Were they glued to the live proceedings – or were they watching “The Voice” and Jimmy Fallon?

Will Americans rally around the pleas of Ted Cruz and a handful of senators who were there to support him – men like Mike Lee and Jeff Sessions.

Just watch how masterfully and diplomatically he handles a challenge by Sen. Dick Durbin, D-Ill.

Video at the Page Link:

This guy has a future as a leader in America – Cruz, that is, not Durbin.

Durban represents politics as usual in Washington.

Cruz is a breath of fresh air inside the beltway.

With Cruz it’s about principle. It’s about having an open and honest debate about the big issues, not obfuscating the issues, not twisting truth and reality, no presenting phony choices to confuse the American people.

Yes, there are some new kids in town – Cruz, Lee, Rand Paul.

It’s a wonderful thing to behold – even for me, a grizzled old, cynical observer of politics run amok.

This is the new Republican Party emerging before our eyes.

The Mitch McConnells and John Boehners and John McCains are on their way out.

Politics as usual is on the way out.

I’m wagering Americans have had enough of the same old same old.

If you agree with me, it’s time to flood the Senate switchboard at (202) 224-3121 – Republican members as well as Democrats. Let them all know you support Ted. Let them know they will pay if Obamacare survives this fight – and mean it. Let them know you won’t accept the destruction of America’s health-care system.

Win, lose or draw, Ted Cruz put it all on the line – bucking his own party leadership and challenging Harry Reid and the Democrat demagogues.

Stand with him – not the entrenched interests of the party hacks in Washington.

Stand with Ted. Stand with the Constitution. Stand with the rule of law. Stand up for the American people who will pay a price they can’t even imagine if Obamacare is fully implemented.

The hour is late.

There is no way back after America’s health-care system is dismantled.

http://www.wnd.com/2013/09/mr-cruz-goes-to-washington/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

WND EXCLUSIVE

WHY IS TED CRUZ QUOTING RUSH LIMBAUGH'S DAD?

'We pledge our lives, our fortunes, our sacred honor'

Published: 2 hours ago

WASHINGTON – Among the documents Sen. Ted Cruz read during his marathon in the U.S. Senate this week was a speech written and delivered decades ago by Rush Limbaugh – not the talk radio czar, but his dad, Rush Limbaugh Sr.
    “My father, back when my brother and I were kids, wrote a speech that he delivered all over southeast Missouri called ‘The Americans Who Risked Everything,’” explained Limbaugh on his show. “It was about the signers of the Declaration of Independence. ‘Americans Who Risked Everything: Our Lives, Our Fortunes, Our Sacred Honor.’ He researched the speech, and it was about what happened to the 56 men and their families who signed.”

Cruz introduced the speech like this: “Fans of Rush Limbaugh know that every year he reads something that his father wrote about the true story of the price paid by the signers of the Declaration of Independence. I think it’s fitting to read this morning. It’s called ‘The Americans Who Risked Everything.’”

Limbaugh had this to say about it: “It is an amazing piece of history, what happened to the signers of the Declaration. One man had his entire family kidnapped. He had two sons, and the world was ahead of them, and the British were the kidnappers. The short version of the story is that the British offered to release his sons unharmed if he would renounce his signature on the Declaration, if he would renounce the Declaration. Now, on one hand he’s got his two sons and their lives; on the other hand his pledge. The Declaration does include the words, ‘We pledge our lives, our fortunes, our sacred honor.’ Most people, it’s a no-brainer, right? Your two kids are kidnapped, you know, you do whatever you have to do to save them. The man stuck with his pledge.”
    Here’s the entire original Rush Limbaugh Sr. talk:
    “It was a glorious morning. The sun was shining and the wind was from the Southeast. Up especially early, a tall bony, redheaded young Virginian found time to buy a new thermometer, for which he paid three pounds, fifteen shillings. He also bought gloves for Martha, his wife, who was ill at home.
    “Thomas Jefferson arrived early at the statehouse. The temperature was 72.5 degrees and the horseflies weren’t nearly so bad at that hour. It was a lovely room, very large, with gleaming white walls. The chairs were comfortable. Facing the single door were two brass fireplaces, but they would not be used today.
    The moment the door was shut, and it was always kept locked, the room became an oven. The tall windows were shut, so that loud quarreling voices could not be heard by passersby. Small openings atop the windows allowed a slight stir of air, and also a large number of horseflies.
    Jefferson records that “the horseflies were dexterous in finding necks, and the silk of stockings was nothing to them.” All discussing was punctuated by the slap of hands on necks.
    On the wall at the back, facing the president’s desk, was a panoply – consisting of a drum, swords, and banners seized from Fort Ticonderoga the previous year. Ethan Allen and Benedict Arnold had captured the place, shouting that they were taking it “in the name of the Great Jehovah and the Continental Congress!”
    Now Congress got to work, promptly taking up an emergency measure about which there was discussion but no dissension. “Resolved: That an application be made to the Committee of Safety of Pennsylvania for a supply of flints for the troops at New York.”
    Then Congress transformed itself into a committee of the whole. The Declaration of Independence was read aloud once more, and debate resumed. Though Jefferson was the best writer of all of them, he had been somewhat verbose. Congress hacked the excess away. They did a good job, as a side-by-side comparison of the rough draft and the final text shows. They cut the phrase “by a self-assumed power.” “Climb” was replaced by “must read,” then “must” was eliminated, then the whole sentence, and soon the whole paragraph was cut. Jefferson groaned as they continued what he later called “their depredations.” “Inherent and inalienable rights” came out “certain unalienable rights,” and to this day no one knows who suggested the elegant change.
    A total of 86 alterations were made. Almost 500 words were eliminated, leaving 1,337. At last, after three days of wrangling, the document was put to a vote.
    Here in this hall Patrick Henry had once thundered: “I am no longer a Virginian, sir, but an American.” But today the loud, sometimes bitter argument stilled, and without fanfare the vote was taken from north to south by colonies, as was the custom. On July 4, 1776, the Declaration of Independence was adopted.
    There were no trumpets blown. No one stood on his chair and cheered. The afternoon was waning and Congress had no thought of delaying the full calendar of routine business on its hands. For several hours they worked on many other problems before adjourning for the day.
    What kind of men were the 56 signers who adopted the Declaration of Independence and who, by their signing, committed an act of treason against the crown? To each of you, the names Franklin, Adams, Hancock and Jefferson are almost as familiar as household words. Most of us, however, know nothing of the other signers. Who were they? What happened to them?
    I imagine that many of you are somewhat surprised at the names not there: George Washington, Alexander Hamilton, Patrick Henry. All were elsewhere.
    Ben Franklin was the only really old man. Eighteen were under 40; three were in their 20s. Of the 56 almost half – 24 – were judges and lawyers. Eleven were merchants, nine were landowners and farmers, and the remaining 12 were doctors, ministers, and politicians.
    With only a few exceptions, such as Samuel Adams of Massachusetts, these were men of substantial property. All but two had families. The vast majority were men of education and standing in their communities. They had economic security as few men had in the 18th century.
    Each had more to lose from revolution than he had to gain by it. John Hancock, one of the richest men in America, already had a price of 500 pounds on his head. He signed in enormous letters so that his majesty could now read his name without glasses and could now double the reward. Ben Franklin wryly noted: “Indeed we must all hang together, otherwise we shall most assuredly hang separately.”
    Fat Benjamin Harrison of Virginia told tiny Elbridge Gerry of Massachusetts: “With me it will all be over in a minute, but you, you will be dancing on air an hour after I am gone.”
    These men knew what they risked. The penalty for treason was death by hanging. And remember, a great British fleet was already at anchor in New York Harbor.
    They were sober men. There were no dreamy-eyed intellectuals or draft card burners here. They were far from hot-eyed fanatics yammering for an explosion. They simply asked for the status quo. It was change they resisted. It was equality with the mother country they desired. It was taxation with representation they sought. They were all conservatives, yet they rebelled.
    It was principle, not property, that had brought these men to Philadelphia. Two of them became presidents of the United States. Seven of them became state governors. One died in office as vice president of the United States. Several would go on to be U.S. senators. One, the richest man in America, in 1828 founded the Baltimore and Ohio Railroad. One, a delegate from Philadelphia, was the only real poet, musician and philosopher of the signers. (It was he, Francis Hopkinson not Betsy Ross who designed the United States flag.)
    Richard Henry Lee, a delegate from Virginia, had introduced the resolution to adopt the Declaration of Independence in June of 1776. He was prophetic in his concluding remarks: “Why then sir, why do we longer delay? Why still deliberate? Let this happy day give birth to an American Republic. Let her arise not to devastate and to conquer but to reestablish the reign of peace and law.
    “The eyes of Europe are fixed upon us. She demands of us a living example of freedom that may exhibit a contrast in the felicity of the citizen to the ever-increasing tyranny which desolates her polluted shores. She invites us to prepare an asylum where the unhappy may find solace, and the persecuted repost.
    “If we are not this day wanting in our duty, the names of the American Legislatures of 1776 will be placed by posterity at the side of all of those whose memory has been and ever will be dear to virtuous men and good citizens.”
    Though the resolution was formally adopted July 4, it was not until July 8 that two of the states authorized their delegates to sign, and it was not until August 2 that the signers met at Philadelphia to actually put their names to the Declaration.
    William Ellery, delegate from Rhode Island, was curious to see the signers’ faces as they committed this supreme act of personal courage. He saw some men sign quickly, “but in no face was he able to discern real fear.” Stephan Hopkins, Ellery’s colleague from Rhode Island, was a man past 60. As he signed with a shaking pen, he declared: “My hand trembles, but my heart does not.”
    Even before the list was published, the British marked down every member of Congress suspected of having put his name to treason. All of them became the objects of vicious manhunts. Some were taken. Some, like Jefferson, had narrow escapes. All who had property or families near British strongholds suffered.

• Francis Lewis, New York delegate saw his home plundered – and his estates in what is now Harlem – completely destroyed by British Soldiers. Mrs. Lewis was captured and treated with great brutality. Though she was later exchanged for two British prisoners through the efforts of Congress, she died from the effects of her abuse.
    • William Floyd, another New York delegate, was able to escape with his wife and children across Long Island Sound to Connecticut, where they lived as refugees without income for seven years. When they came home they found a devastated ruin.
    • Philips Livingstone had all his great holdings in New York confiscated and his family driven out of their home. Livingstone died in 1778 still working in Congress for the cause.
    • Louis Morris, the fourth New York delegate, saw all his timber, crops, and livestock taken. For seven years he was barred from his home and family.
    • John Hart of Trenton, New Jersey, risked his life to return home to see his dying wife. Hessian soldiers rode after him, and he escaped in the woods. While his wife lay on her deathbed, the soldiers ruined his farm and wrecked his homestead. Hart, 65, slept in caves and woods as he was hunted across the countryside. When at long last, emaciated by hardship, he was able to sneak home, he found his wife had already been buried, and his 13 children taken away. He never saw them again. He died a broken man in 1779, without ever finding his family.
    • Dr. John Witherspoon, signer, was president of the College of New Jersey, later called Princeton. The British occupied the town of Princeton, and billeted troops in the college. They trampled and burned the finest college library in the country.
    • Judge Richard Stockton, another New Jersey delegate signer, had rushed back to his estate in an effort to evacuate his wife and children. The family found refuge with friends, but a Tory sympathizer betrayed them. Judge Stockton was pulled from bed in the night and brutally beaten by the arresting soldiers. Thrown into a common jail, he was deliberately starved. Congress finally arranged for Stockton’s parole, but his health was ruined. The judge was released as an invalid, when he could no longer harm the British cause. He returned home to find his estate looted and did not live to see the triumph of the Revolution. His family was forced to live off charity.
    • Robert Morris, merchant prince of Philadelphia, delegate and signer, met Washington’s appeals and pleas for money year after year. He made and raised arms and provisions which made it possible for Washington to cross the Delaware at Trenton. In the process he lost 150 ships at sea, bleeding his own fortune and credit almost dry.
    • George Clymer, Pennsylvania signer, escaped with his family from their home, but their property was completely destroyed by the British in the Germantown and Brandywine campaigns.
    • Dr. Benjamin Rush, also from Pennsylvania, was forced to flee to Maryland. As a heroic surgeon with the army, Rush had several narrow escapes.
    • John Martin, a Tory in his views previous to the debate, lived in a strongly loyalist area of Pennsylvania. When he came out for independence, most of his neighbors and even some of his relatives ostracized him. He was a sensitive and troubled man, and many believed this action killed him. When he died in 1777, his last words to his tormentors were: “Tell them that they will live to see the hour when they shall acknowledge it [the signing] to have been the most glorious service that I have ever rendered to my country.”
    • William Ellery, Rhode Island delegate, saw his property and home burned to the ground.
    • Thomas Lynch, Jr., South Carolina delegate, had his health broken from privation and exposures while serving as a company commander in the military. His doctors ordered him to seek a cure in the West Indies and on the voyage, he and his young bride were drowned at sea.
    • Edward Rutledge, Arthur Middleton, and Thomas Heyward, Jr., the other three South Carolina signers, were taken by the British in the siege of Charleston. They were carried as prisoners of war to St. Augustine, Florida, where they were singled out for indignities. They were exchanged at the end of the war, the British in the meantime having completely devastated their large landholdings and estates.
    • Thomas Nelson, signer of Virginia, was at the front in command of the Virginia military forces. With British General Charles Cornwallis in Yorktown, fire from 70 heavy American guns began to destroy Yorktown piece by piece. Lord Cornwallis and his staff moved their headquarters into Nelson’s palatial home. While American cannonballs were making a shambles of the town, the house of Governor Nelson remained untouched. Nelson turned in rage to the American gunners and asked, “Why do you spare my home?”
    • They replied, “Sir, out of respect to you.” Nelson cried, “Give me the cannon!” and fired on his magnificent home himself, smashing it to bits. But Nelson’s sacrifice was not quite over. He had raised $2 million for the Revolutionary cause by pledging his own estates. When the loans came due, a newer peacetime Congress refused to honor them, and Nelson’s property was forfeited. He was never reimbursed. He died, impoverished, a few years later at the age of 50.

Of those 56 who signed the Declaration of Independence, nine died of wounds or hardships during the war. Five were captured and imprisoned, in each case with brutal treatment. Several lost wives, sons or entire families. One lost his 13 children. Two wives were brutally treated. All were at one time or another the victims of manhunts and driven from their homes. Twelve signers had their homes completely burned. Seventeen lost everything they owned. Yet not one defected or went back on his pledged word. Their honor, and the nation they sacrificed so much to create is still intact.
    And, finally, there is the New Jersey signer, Abraham Clark.
    He gave two sons to the officer corps in the Revolutionary Army. They were captured and sent to that infamous British prison hulk afloat in New York Harbor known as the hell ship Jersey, where 11,000 American captives were to die. The younger Clarks were treated with a special brutality because of their father. One was put in solitary and given no food. With the end almost in sight, with the war almost won, no one could have blamed Abraham Clark for acceding to the British request when they offered him his sons’ lives if he would recant and come out for the King and Parliament. The utter despair in this man’s heart, the anguish in his very soul, must reach out to each one of us down through 200 years with his answer: “No.”
    The 56 signers of the Declaration of Independence proved by their every deed that they made no idle boast when they composed the most magnificent curtain line in history. “And for the support of this Declaration with a firm reliance on the protection of divine providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our fortunes, and our sacred honor.”
    “My father, Rush H. Limbaugh, Jr., delivered this oft-requested address locally a number of times, but it had never before appeared in print until it was published in The Limbaugh Letter,” Rush explained. “My dad was renowned for his oratory skills and for his original mind; this speech is, I think, a superb demonstration of both. I will always be grateful to him for instilling in me a passion for the ideas and lives of America’s Founders, as well as a deep appreciation for the inspirational power of words.”

http://www.wnd.com/2013/09/why-is-te...limbaughs-dad/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

POLITICALLY DIRECT

CRUZING FOR A BRUISING

Exclusive: Jane Chastain supports senator, whacks 'lily-livered' GOP leaders in Congress

Published: 20 hours ago JANE CHASTAIN

Some things are worth fighting for. Ted Cruz believes that defunding Obamacare is one of those things, and he is willing to use every means available to make that happen.

Some people say his 21-hour talkathon on the Senate floor was tantamount to tilting at windmills. I say he accomplished his purpose. He not only put that issue front and center, but he exposed the leaders of his party as weak-kneed scaredy cats.

If you go into a fight, you have to be willing to get your nose bloodied to win. Has Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell ever put up his dukes? He is too busy playing footsie with Democrat Leader Harry Reid to fight for anything.

Make no mistake: McConnell has the power to make Reid agree to allow a clean up-or-down vote on the Continuing Resolution passed by the House that would fund the government sans Obamacare by getting 41 Republicans to back a filibuster. However, the lily-livered McConnell and his lieutenant, John Cornyn, are working with Reid to strip the bill of that requirement.

The battle over Obamacare can be won in the House of Representatives. Our Founding Fathers wisely put the House in charge of the nation’s checkbook. According to the Constitution, all spending bills must originate there, and nothing can be spent unless the House says it can be spent.

The president can kick, scream, threaten and pitch a temper tantrum if he wants to, but it will do no good as long as the House stands firm.

Unfortunately, that is unlikely to happen with pretty boy John Boehner at the helm. Forget the bloody nose. Boehner isn’t willing to get his hair mussed. In his brief tenure as speaker of the House he has raised the white flag of surrender again and again before the battle has begun.

If the truth be known, the House never would have passed the bill now before the Senate if it hadn’t been for Cruz and his small band of courageous colleagues. In typical Boehner fashion, the white flag has already been raised. He is busy floating alternatives indicating that he is not serious about defunding Obamacare and never has been.

How many times has Boehner kicked the can down the road in the battle over the debt ceiling? The can is trashed! As a result, the next generation has been trashed, and many in this generation are on life support.

The ghost of Newt Gingrich and the 1996 government shutdown have scared Boehner to death. Although Gingrich led Republicans to victory in 1994, he was a failed leader without a plan when he went into battle with Bill Clinton. Boehner needs to get a grip on his courage and stop playing the part of the cowardly lion.

Ted Cruz is trying to wake up America, and if you are smart you will join him and make life miserable for your representatives in Congress until they see the light or you vote them out of office at the next opportunity. This is not about being a Democrat or Republican. This is about saving America!

Defunding Obamacare and keeping a lid on the debt ceiling are important steps toward that end. Those who tell you that Obamcare is a fait accompli are lying. Those who tell you that we can’t cut huge chunks of government spending without causing irreparable harm to those who can’t help themselves are lying. If you are willing to believe them, there is no hope for this country.

Boehner and McConnell do not care what happens to your sons and daughters. They only care about appearances and keeping their cushy jobs in Congress. They are willing to try to fool you again and again until there is no escape from our mountain of debt, until the dollar is trash and this country goes down the tubes. They both have primary challengers in the 2014 election, and, no matter where you live, for the good of the party, you need to support them. If their colleagues in the House and Senate won’t vote them out of their leadership positions, then you need to remove them.

Republicans can win this battle and gain the support of the public with a cogent, consistent message that is undeniable:

• Obamacare is unfair and unworkable;
    • this bill funds the government;
    • if President Obama chooses to shut down the government over this issue, that is his choice, not ours.

The polls show that the American people are opposed to Obamacare. We also oppose a government shutdown.

The message to these lily-livered leaders must be this: Let the battle begin!

Rhttp://www.wnd.com/2013/09/cruzing-for-a-bruising/

Obamacare’s Last Stand Or Freedom’s Final Days?

September 26, 2013 by Ben Crystal

PHOTOS.COM

By the time you read this, the countdown will have passed T-minus four days and counting. If those stalwart stewards of the public trust — your Congress and mine — can’t figure out a way to close the gap between the Democrats and the overwhelming majority of Americans, then the government will close for business at midnight on Sept. 30. The sticking point — beyond the usual partisan chest-thumping that passes for Congressional debate these days — is the same as it has been since President Barack Obama snuck Obamacare through the side door: We the People like Obamacare about as much as Tokyo liked Godzilla.
    Despite the enormous unpopularity that has attached itself to the unprecedented expansion of government control over taxpayers’ lives, the Democrats have drawn their line in the dust. They would rather turn off the lights in Washington, D.C., than consider compromising over a bureaucratic monstrosity about which they’ve been lying since it crawled out of former First Lady Hillary Clinton’s fevered brain close to 20 years ago.
    And the problem isn’t a simple matter of perspective twisted by partisanship. While the Democrats whine about conservative intransigence, they very carefully ignore the reasons well more than half the country has joined people like Senator Ted Cruz in playing Horatio at the bridge against Obamacare’s Etruscan army. From time to time, John and Jane Q. Public get tired of being treated like marks in an elaborate con. And Obamacare is the biggest con in human history.
    The savings Obama promised do not exist. In fact, they are replaced by shocking cost increases that surprised even some of Obamacare’s most vocal critics. Obama promised Obamacare would “cut the cost of a typical family’s premium by up to $2,500 a year.” According to Congressional numbers, individual premiums will rise by a minimum of 8 percent (Rhode Island) up to a maximum of 106 percent (Indiana, Kentucky, Wisconsin, Missouri and Ohio). Even a Common Core victim knows that math is bad.
    Obama promised we’d be able to keep our coverage if we liked it. Yet Personal Liberty Digest™ doesn’t have the bandwidth to recount the tales of every taxpayer who has received the dreaded coverage cancellation notice from his insurance company. And millions more people have found themselves reduced to part-time status or even pink-slip status, thanks to the squeeze Obamacare has clamped onto their companies.
    Obamacare is a scam from start to finish. It’s a penalty; no, it’s a tax. If you like your coverage, you can keep it — or maybe not, especially if you lose your job entirely. Even the death panels are real, albeit poorly hidden behind a smooth-sided pseudonym like “Independent Payment Advisory Board.” And that’s the kind of government we can expect in the future should the Democrats manage to get Obamacare in the barn before the Republicans close the door. If the conservatives in the House can’t put a halt to a law that is already stripping millions of Americans of the quality healthcare of their choice, we’ll have given up a major bridgehead between the America envisioned by the Framers and the America envisioned by Saul Alinsky.
    As the proverbial clock winds its way toward midnight, Obama and his fellow Obamacare grifters are desperately trying to make enough noise to distract us from the same questions they’ve been ignoring from Obamacare’s infancy. If Obamacare is such a boon, why has Obama lied about its particulars? If Obamacare is such a miracle, why did Congress exempt itself; and why have so many of Obama’s cronies begged for similar get-out-of-Obamacare-free cards? House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi infamously cracked: “[B]ut we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what’s in it.” If Obamacare is the key to a paradise of government-provided healthcare, shouldn’t its proponents — like the self-exempted Pelosi — be shouting its praises across the rooftops?
    As I write this, Senator Ted Cruz has entered the 20th hour of his brave stand against a steaming pile of bureaucratic babble with which its own creators want nothing to do. He has assembled some allies, notably Senator Mike Lee (R-Utah). The burning question: Shouldn’t every member of Congress who still believes that public service requires serving the public be lined up with him?

–Ben Crystal

Filed Under: Conservative Politics, Hot Topics, Outside the Asylum

http://personalliberty.com/2013/09/2...ms-final-days/