Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Judge OKs American Flag Ban on Cinco de Mayo

Censorship: Judge OKs American Flag Ban on Cinco de Mayo

Kate Hicks
    Web Editor, Townhall.com

9 hours ago
    Welcome to America, where wearing patriotic clothing can get you sent home from school.

Seriously. Remember the case of the California boys who wore American flag apparel on Cinco de Mayo? They were sent home from school for disrespecting Hispanic children on "their day."

Sounds like a violation of their First Amendment rights, doesn't it?

Apparently not, according to a federal judge.

U. S. District Court Judge James Ware was ruling in a case involving students at Live Oak High School in Morgan Hill, CA, who were banned from wearing American flag t-shirts on the Mexican holiday in 2010.

The judge determined that the Morgan Hill Unified School District did not violate the First Amendment and said that concerns by school officials over possible violence justified censoring the pro-American message.

“The school officials reasonable forecast that Plaintiff’s clothing could cause a substantial disruption with school activities, and therefore did not violate the standard set forth – by requiring that Plaintiff’s change,â€

well all I can say is Our Guy & girl should walk the hell off of the land
    that they are all fighting with & say go to hell every one that don't love our flag thye are all frighting for Our right & this kids can not
    have a American Flag Pin That BS

By right that person that said that should Be sent home Not that kids it agood thing that not mind kids this parsent should go On Foxnews & Tell, them what happen
    Good luck stand you ground I sure in hell would
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Here is where it begins. The dismantling of individual rights.
    Well meaning (?) persons complain about a word, concept, idea, symbol , ect , all over something that exists only in their head. When I change out my flags twice a year , the third flag on the pole changes also. I have flown POW/MIA , Confederate and Gadsden flags . I do not even suggest a return to slavery , nor is it the first thing that comes to mind. The confederate flag to many of those in the South represents far more . To say those who fought for the Confederacy did so without Honor , Courage and Patriotic conviction shows disrespect and exposes the ignorance of the person making the claims as to the very real and valid reasons for the Civil War.
    The point being , it may not mean much to anyone in the North and many in the South as well, but today it is my viewpoint and respect for my forefathers that is under attack , tomorrow it will be yours.

__________________________________________________ __________
    __________________________________________________ __________

Judge rules against student suspended for wearing rebel flag

by Associated Press , August 14, 2007

Categories:
    NCAA /
    Courts /

ST. LOUIS

An eastern Missouri school district was within its rights to suspend a student who refused to remove clothing bearing the Confederate battle flag, a federal judge ruled.

"We see this as a victory for all communities and schools in the state of Missouri," Farmington Superintendent W.L. Sanders said after Monday's ruling. "It leaves the administering of schools in the hands of teachers, administrators and school boards."

Bryce Archambo, then 14, was suspended from Farmington High School on Sept. 28.

One day earlier, a faculty member took Archambo's baseball cap, bearing a depiction of the battle flag and the words "C.S.A. Rebel Pride, 1861."

A district official told Archambo's father his son was not allowed to wear anything with a Confederate flag, because of its association with racism.

But the following day, Archambo wore a T-shirt and belt buckle bearing the flag and the words "Dixie Classics."

He was suspended, and his mother then pulled him from school. The family, which has since been home-schooling the teenager, sued in November.

"We're disappointed, but there seems to be a climate of scaling back the hard-won civil rights over the past 30 to 40 years," said St. Louis attorney Robert Herman, who has represented the Ku Klux Klan and other groups on behalf of the American Civil Liberties Union. "Setbacks are to be expected in this area of the law."

Archambo argued that he wore the battle flag clothing not as a racial statement, but as a symbol of pride in his Southern heritage.

His intentions didn't matter, U.S. District Judge Jean Hamilton wrote in Monday's ruling.

"The plaintiff's interpretation of the Confederate flag's meaning is largely irrelevant," Hamilton wrote, "because courts recognize that it is racially divisive in nature."

Herman argued that under state law, school districts cannot order students to remove items "worn in a manner that does not promote disruptive behavior."

Hamilton ruled, however, that districts "must have the flexibility to control the tenor and contours of students' speech within school walls or on school property, even if such speech does not result in a reasonable fear of immediate disruption."

An appeal is likely, Herman said.

"The fat guys are in Washington," he said, "and they haven't sung yet."

Information from: St. Louis Post-Dispatch, http://www.stltoday.com

- Associated Press

http://diverseeducation.com/article/9083/

Wow! A judge that allows violence to silence free speech. What an idiot. If violence was allowed to silence free speech then there would never have been free speech at all in America or this world.

Stopping violence from silencing free speech is what we have judges for.

This judge is a disgrace to the nation and the mere fact that someone like him serves on the bench is an indictment of our entire legal system.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

California parents that are physically and financially able should move and get their children out of the California school system or home school...and I understand the latter is or could be under attack by progressive liberals in the state of California if the parent does not have a degree in education. There is a short window time frame for the education of any child....too short to hope or depend on the winds of politics to change or the next election. The political correctness being shoved down the throats of the parents and children of every state in this country is despicable and California has to be the worst.

Let me see if I got this right. American students can't wear any flags on "hispanic" days because hispanic students will riot?

Pride? ROFLMAO! Cinco de Mayo means nothing to non-mexicans. It's not even a recognized holiday in mexico!!

The judge's opinion that the American flag would incite foreigners to riot is a racist statement in itself and one I find offensive.

If this stands, I had better not see even one article of clothing with the flag of another country on 4th of July or other American holidays!!

Disgraceful when the American flag should mean nothing because it would offend xenophobic foreign nationals, many of whom are here illegally!
    "

Is this decision going to be appealed to a higher court??
    Hmmm. . .if*Americans are so racist, why do so many*people want to live*here??* One would think we wouild need border walls to keep them here under racist rule rather than building walls to keep them out!

The day we have a federal judge ruling that the American flag can be banned because it might incite a riot is a day closer to losing this country!!!!!

Mexicans celebrating Cinco de Mayo has nothing to do with a celebration, but rather a show of force by invading mestizos, as this ruling and actions of invaders rightly demonstrate!!

Notice how the rag of mexico was not banned! That would cause WWIII if their rag were ever banned for even one day!

Banned
    Disturbing, but hey. This is how the progressives roll!

Damn Him To Hell!!!! Americans are Better than this!
    <div>MY eyes HAVE seen the GLORY... And that GLORY BELONGS to US... We the PEOPLE!</div>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast